Thread: ToTH vs DB

  1. #1

    ToTH vs DB

    So how good is Thrill of The Hunt? I'm currently using Dire Beast and have been since I turned 90. I recently was told by a fellow hunter on my server that Thrill of The Hunt is a better dps increase but I was messing around with Thrill of The Hunt earlier and found that my dps went up and then when I tried it again It down completely i understand that it's a passive and it is off chance to trigger it but when I got (which I get them a lot) I felt like I was always had no focus for my big shots when they were off cool down. Any hunters have feed back, for me I'm a surv hunter here's my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgill/advanced

  2. #2
    Don't use all the charges right away. Simple as that.

    the buff will be overwritten a lot, but don't let that bother you. Just follow your normal priority and substitute a cobra with a cheap AS when you got TotH up.

    never get into a mindset of "oh, i got thrill, let's spam AS till it is all gone, along with my focus".
    The real benefit I seen in thrill is that it gives you more leeway.
    You pressed AS when you were low on focus?
    np, just cost you 10 focus.

    Also for aoe, thrill is amazing. Get it to proc, pool some focus and then let a stream of multi shots hit the mobs in the face.

  3. #3
    Thanks Zippoo! that helps a lot I have to admit I got into the habbit of spamming AS because I would have my 4set proc too and i'd get in the spam mode

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Don't use DB as SV ever. Take ToTH, or Fervor for single target. ToTH for sustained AoE. Nothing really changes with ToTH, it means you will just be using more Arcane shots and less Cobra shots, which will allow you to stay at a lower focus amount for longer. But again, always make sure you have enough focus for when its time to cast Explosive shot, Black arrow and A murder of crows.

    Also, change your smooth suns radiances for Deadly vermillion onyx's, and get everything gemmed and enchanted!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    i use toth as SV, would not recommend it as BM thou
    At 3+ targets throughout the majority of the fight ToTH > DB as BM I believe.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Don't use DB as SV ever. Take ToTH, or Fervor for single target. ToTH for sustained AoE. Nothing really changes with ToTH, it means you will just be using more Arcane shots and less Cobra shots, which will allow you to stay at a lower focus amount for longer. But again, always make sure you have enough focus for when its time to cast Explosive shot, Black arrow and A murder of crows.

    Also, change your smooth suns radiances for Deadly vermillion onyx's, and get everything gemmed and enchanted!

    - - - Updated - - -



    At 3+ targets throughout the majority of the fight ToTH > DB as BM I believe.
    Oh really? thanks on the Onyx gem suggestion and I do have everything gemmed atm Armory hasn't updated because I havn't logged out yet :P

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Azortharion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,987
    Learn to use Thrill of the Hunt really well (don't use all charges at once, be smart about it), or go Fervor and get same-ish results.
    No longer playing - still theorycrafting|Hunter Guide|YouTube|Twitter|Icy-Veins Hunter Guide|Skype = Azortharion (questions, help, suggestions, loneliness counseling all go here).

  8. #8
    It actually depends on the fight and situation (particularly AoE vs ST, burst vs sustained). I hear that DB is better for BM due to it inheriting pet damage buffs or something but I haven't actually researched it.

    I personally liked ToTH because it's passive, Hunters have too many buttons :P

    But in CMs I went with Fervor because it made for some nice AoE burst and I could macro it in with Barrage because the CDs lined up (dumping focus with MS first to avoid capping of course). I tried using ToTH but personally found it a bit unreliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shoogo1337 View Post
    Oh really? thanks on the Onyx gem suggestion and I do have everything gemmed atm Armory hasn't updated because I havn't logged out yet :P
    Yep, as long as you stick to your usual priority you will be fine, just dont feel the need to spam away all the charges, because they can proc again off arcane shot, and it's a dps loss to prioritise them over your other main abilities. And no problem ^^

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It actually depends on the fight and situation (particularly AoE vs ST, burst vs sustained). I hear that DB is better for BM due to it inheriting pet damage buffs or something but I haven't actually researched it.

    I personally liked ToTH because it's passive, Hunters have too many buttons :P

    But in CMs I went with Fervor because it made for some nice AoE burst and I could macro it in with Barrage because the CDs lined up (dumping focus with MS first to avoid capping of course). I tried using ToTH but personally found it a bit unreliable.
    OP plays SV. But yeah, single target, DB is better for BM Hunters.
    Last edited by Alth; 2014-03-27 at 12:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •