Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Family of Armed robber wants to sue concealed gun owner

Long story short....

Basically 2 guys were holding up a store owner with guns, and were shot by a customer with a concealed weapon permit after they made aggressive movements towards him (don't forget these were both repeat felons who were armed illegally).

Not the family is whining about their felon son/brother getting shot and want to sue the guy who saved the day.

To bad that is a castle law state. No civil charges can be filed.

Made me chuckle that the family put the blame on the Concerned citizen rather than the felonious actions of their son/brother.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The families just lost a loved one. Any emotional outburst get's a free pass for awhile.

That said, people will always blame shit on whatever else isn't them or their loved on.

"It's not his fault he beats me. It's just he was raised in chicago and doesn't know any better..."

I tend to avoid people like that like the fucking plague.

Pretty sure castle law just means your home and property.

But yeah the family is stupid as hell and its people like this that make me sad. Rather waste time and cost people money then to just say yep....our family members got what they deserved.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Pretty sure castle law just means your home and property.

But yeah the family is stupid as hell and its people like this that make me sad. Rather waste time and cost people money then to just say yep....our family members got what they deserved.
    According to the article, under castle law the Citizen is not liable under civil courts either.

Its a good thing.

If everybody had a gun the world would be a safer place, fact.
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

Kudos to the citizen. Stories like this make me smile and restore some faith in humanity. He made the world a better place.

Little late to start that 'family concern' routine. They were really concerned, they'd have kept them away from criminal activities like this. But that's the mentality, sue everyone for everything. I'm reminded of the woman who tried to sue a Wal-Mart in California cos a kid was running around wild, screaming and unsupervised, and she fell down as a result. The kicker? IT WAS HER OWN KID.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Little late to start that 'family concern' routine. They were really concerned, they'd have kept them away from criminal activities like this. But that's the mentality, sue everyone for everything. I'm reminded of the woman who tried to sue a Wal-Mart in California cos a kid was running around wild, screaming and unsupervised, and she fell down as a result. The kicker? IT WAS HER OWN KID.
    What I thought was interesting, was that the best picture of the guy that the family could find was him posing like a douchebag.

10+ Year Old Account
    He "took the law in his own hands" When it was stated that they approached him in a threatening way when he got caught phoning the police?

lol.

A drug user who maybe would have used the money to pay child support. They aren't painting very pretty pictures of the criminals. Those are the types of people where if the two criminals had shot and killed the store owner and been arrested later, they would have claimed they were good people still. No, your sons a criminal, he attempted armed robbery. Good people don't do that, sane people don't do that, smart people don't do that. I wouldn't be surprised if they found drugs in the criminals systems.
    Thank goodness the family can't sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Seems to be working out well for the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everybody had fun, the world would be a safer place; fact.

Yeah, the wild west sure was safe! Safest era in human history!

15+ Year Old Account
    More equal, yes, since you can't bully someone who has a gun with your physical superiority. That's what the proverb says, "God created people, but it was colonel Colt who made them equal". Safer, no fucking way. Arming every single teenager, idiot, and psychopath is not a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    A drug user who maybe would have used the money to pay child support. They aren't painting very pretty pictures of the criminals. Those are the types of people where if the two criminals had shot and killed the store owner and been arrested later, they would have claimed they were good people still. No, your sons a criminal, he attempted armed robbery. Good people don't do that, sane people don't do that, smart people don't do that. I wouldn't be surprised if they found drugs in the criminals systems.
    Thank goodness the family can't sue.

It would probably be the best if they could. Family could make a bigger ass of themselves in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    More equal, yes, since you can't bully someone who has a gun with your physical superiority. That's what the proverb says, "God created people, but it was colonel Colt who made them equal". Safer, no fucking way. Arming every single teenager, idiot, and psychopath is not a good idea.
    Guys......lets stay to the issue at hand.

Concerned citizen caps two armed robbers, and the family of the robber feels slighted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If everybody had fun, the world would be a safer place; fact.
    Bullshit. If nobody had guns the world would be alot safer. Accidental shootings happen more often then defensive shootings.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    And because of this mentality I dont give a fuk when children gets massacred in a school in the USA.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-03-27 at 01:41 PM.

Typical family response.

I kind of feel sorry for the good Samaritan. Getting death threats for doing the right thing is f'in wrong. At least the pussies who are making threats will know they run the risk of getting killed themselves should they act on such threats.

Not even remotely a fact.

All that aside, I can understand the family's upset. But really, armed robbery in the USA is just asking for trouble.

But if you want to know someone really dumb? In the UK there was a robber who tripped and fell on a knife while breaking into someone's house. The owner of the house was liable for his injuries. Now that's silly.