Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will we get class nerfs at some point?

Warlocks, Hunters, supposedly Warriors. It gets a bit tiring getting killed by people coasting on their class. I mean warlocks...ffs..as much health as tanks, as many heals as healers, not squishy and do a lot of DPS. Have a pet, many CCs. How hard is it to keep classes from being stupid powerful? Is there going to be a patch before WoD tuning some things? You know it's broken when plate can have near 100% uptime on cloth and still lose. It just seems like 1/4 to half the classes have some OPness going on.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-27 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Will we see any balance changesonce the new PvP Gear shows its full effect ?
    Perhaps. At this point we will only be able to do hotfixes which limits our options. (holinka)

So it seems they are still evaluating. Once people have gathered full prideful, we could expect some nerfs. One of the "almost certain" nerfs to come is sub rogues. Their scaling is too good. I don't think they will touch warriors. As far as locks go, they are OP because of their CC, not so much their damage, so I guess you'll have to wait till WoD for them.

Not sure what bracket or rating you are at, but some of the things you listed, such as warlock CC and health, they are one of the most squishy classes at the moment for me, playing as KFC, the problem with warlocks does not come in their CC, their damage or their health, they do not do a lot of damage in my opinion, they can CC well, but a lot of other classes can do just as much.

The problem with warlocks is their Demonic Gateway, if a warlock team plays properly, they can reset the game every minute by using a gateway, a lot of the game versus warlocks is preventing the gateway from coming up. If a warlock does not have a gateway they have 1 defensive CD and that is it, after that they have nothing.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    If a warlock does not have a gateway they have 1 defensive CD and that is it, after that they have nothing.
    OH Really .....

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Sounds like you play a ret or dk lol. Warlocks have a stun and a fear. Not exactly overpowered CC.

The game isn't balance around 1v1 2v2 it's all based around 3s and right now 3s really isn't that bad. When everyone's iLvLs even out at full prideful we will probably see changes but as of right now certain comps excel (LSD, KFC, RMD) in the lower iLvLs.
    Level 30 talents: 50% aoe slow, 3 second instant fear(cant be trinketed i believe), aoe stun
    Blood horror instant 4 second fear
    Fear
    Howl of terror aoe fear
    Infernal 2 second aoe stun when cast
    Pet abilities: disarm, interrupt, knockback AND seduction, stun(demo only)

Demo gets a knockback and a slow(on one of their main dps spells)
    Destro gets a slow(on one of their main dps spells)

That is 4 CCs if they don't pick blood horror, don't use a pet with cc, and play affliction assuming I didn't forget any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

You forget that warlocks also have a free trinket as a talent =p

OT:

Probably not until everyone is at least full gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Will we see any balance changesonce the new PvP Gear shows its full effect ?
    Perhaps. At this point we will only be able to do hotfixes which limits our options. (holinka)

So it seems they are still evaluating. Once people have gathered full prideful, we could expect some nerfs. One of the "almost certain" nerfs to come is sub rogues. Their scaling is too good. I don't think they will touch warriors. As far as locks go, they are OP because of their CC, not so much their damage, so I guess you'll have to wait till WoD for them.
    The sub rogue scaling might be good, but so is that of every agi class. And while better gear has more effect on rogues, their gameplay isn't that powerful as it used to be, in cata a rogue even without legendarys and pve trinkets could deal rogue burst a lot more easily just by using ambush that usually always critted.

Now the big numbers come from 5 combo points eviscerate....i am always starving on energy and get instantly cc'd if the other team is any good, if they are not good they get obliterated though.

If something will be nerfed then its subterfuge and bos and not because rogue scales good with gear, but cause these abilities are annoying and op for the com. Not my opinion cause these kind of changes will make a rogue only a warrior in leather.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2014-03-27 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    The sub rogue scaling might be good, but so is that of every agi class. And while better gear has more effect on rogues, their gameplay isn't that powerful as it used to be, in cata a rogue even without legendarys and pve trinkets could deal rogue burst a lot more easily just by using ambush that usually always critted.

Now the big numbers come from 5 combo points eviscerate....i am always starving on energy and get instantly cc'd if the other team is any good, if they are not good they get obliterated though.

If something will be nerfed then its subterfuge and bos and not because rogue scales good with gear, but cause these abilities are annoying and op for the com. Not my opinion cause these kind of changes will make a rogue only a warrior in leather.
    Subterfuge is changing in WoD to 3 sec of being able to use stealth abilities, so it will be the same without being actually in stealth.
    Burst of speed - nothing by the devs about this ability so far.
    As for scaling - sub in particular has this talent: +X% agility (not sure about the exact number) that makes the spec broken in full prideful gear. The other 2 specs will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Warlocks, Hunters, supposedly Warriors. It gets a bit tiring getting killed by people coasting on their class. I mean warlocks...ffs..as much health as tanks, as many heals as healers, not squishy and do a lot of DPS. Have a pet, many CCs. How hard is it to keep classes from being stupid powerful? Is there going to be a patch before WoD tuning some things? You know it's broken when plate can have near 100% uptime on cloth and still lose. It just seems like 1/4 to half the classes have some OPness going on.
    Translation nerf these classes so I can become better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahi View Post
    Translation nerf these classes so I can become better.
    Translation I don't have anything to say so I'll regurgitate an old joke.

Odds are like the past they won't do any "real" fixes just like the other last seasons of expansions. As they don't see the point when everything is changing every x.0 patch etc etc.

I doubt it. They're too "focused" on the next expansion.

Warriors have already been nerfed. Double interrupt is gone as is double spell reflect.

I heard Locks are gonna suck in WOD.

Deleted
    I mean warlocks...ffs..as much health as tanks, as many heals as healers, not squishy and do a lot of DPS. Have a pet, many CCs. How hard is it to keep classes from being stupid powerful?
    Health: 10% extra hp and that goes for the whole team. Same with warriors and priests.

Heals: One 2minute cooldown that heals 12 x ~12000. Thats 144k evert 2 minutes. Hardly as many heals as a healer.

Squishyness: Probably the caster with the most damage mitigation. Not even remotely hard to counter tho. Kill pet, kill lock.

DPS: Perhaps a Destruction Warlock that can freecast 4 chaos bolts and shadowburn has alot of dps. Affliction (which the majority
    of warlocks specs) does not have high dps.

Pet: Everyone and their mother has pets.

CC: Not even remotely the most cc-heavy class in the game.

All I see is QQ based on ignorance. Try learning the game and you might have a better time

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation I don't have anything to say so I'll regurgitate an old joke.
    Sorry you got your ass kicked by a warlock. Chin up, guy. The sun will be out tomorrow.

We've been waiting for them to bring Disc priests in line with other healers since the beginning of MoP. Still waiting....

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally there isn't a certain class that I think needs to be nerfed (except maybe monks, their heals are just crazy, especially that bubble. I want my LoH if they can use their bubble thing). I find particular comps to be more annoying then a particular class.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Health: 10% extra hp and that goes for the whole team. Same with warriors and priests.

Heals: One 2minute cooldown that heals 12 x ~12000. Thats 144k evert 2 minutes. Hardly as many heals as a healer.

Squishyness: Probably the caster with the most damage mitigation. Not even remotely hard to counter tho. Kill pet, kill lock.

DPS: Perhaps a Destruction Warlock that can freecast 4 chaos bolts and shadowburn has alot of dps. Affliction (which the majority
    of warlocks specs) does not have high dps.

Pet: Everyone and their mother has pets.

CC: Not even remotely the most cc-heavy class in the game.

All I see is QQ based on ignorance. Try learning the game and you might have a better time
    lol I'm guessing you play a lock. I don't expect you to agree. You admit they have damage mitigation. That's a big heal for a DPS class. A lot of DPS, don't even try to deny it. No, not everyone has pets. More than 1 CC is a lot of CC. Sorry, you're the one that's full of it, don't try to write off everything like that.
    Anyone with a clue can tell that there's a few classes getting out of control. Like I said in OP, you know it's broken when you see cloth tanking melee with near full uptime on them.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-28 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks and ele shamans need to take 20% more damage. Hitting them is worse then hitting a warrior in Dstance, a DK in Blood Presence, a Druid in Bear, or a Rogue with Feint up.

Ele shamans are the real tanks of the game, Massive Cannon, Massive Defense, except they also have high mobility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Personally there isn't a certain class that I think needs to be nerfed (except maybe monks, their heals are just crazy, especially that bubble. I want my LoH if they can use their bubble thing). I find particular comps to be more annoying then a particular class.
    Yeah LoH really should be in arena now. Between that bubble or resto shaman unleash heal or life swap, the justification is just not there.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.