Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Health: 10% extra hp and that goes for the whole team. Same with warriors and priests.

Heals: One 2minute cooldown that heals 12 x ~12000. Thats 144k evert 2 minutes. Hardly as many heals as a healer.

Squishyness: Probably the caster with the most damage mitigation. Not even remotely hard to counter tho. Kill pet, kill lock.

DPS: Perhaps a Destruction Warlock that can freecast 4 chaos bolts and shadowburn has alot of dps. Affliction (which the majority
    of warlocks specs) does not have high dps.

Pet: Everyone and their mother has pets.

CC: Not even remotely the most cc-heavy class in the game.

All I see is QQ based on ignorance. Try learning the game and you might have a better time
    Locks get a passive 10% more health from fel armor that stacks with fort type buffs. Speccing soul link pet sac nets a crapton more.

Locks passively heal alot through siphon life, sac, or soul link. They also have healthstones and a healing CD. Destro can also ember tap for more healing. Locks heal ALOT, thinking they don't is ludicrous.

Lol @ affliction not having high dps. I got hit for a 97k haunt the other day in a 3v3 (no thats not exaggeration, I should have screened it). Double dark soul dot spread on the open an they do tons of spread pressure. Yes its no like an ele raid bossing into someone, but its still damage nonetheless. I often see locks topping damage in 3s when playing against them.

Who has more cc than a lock? They have spammable fear, and aoe fear, coil is basically a stun that doesn't dr stuns (double coil for destro too), blood horrify for melee, and silence from the pet. Spammable fear alone is a ton of cc.

Locks are really strong right now, as they usually are. They really need a nerf for double dark soul; affliction doesnt need 40 seconds of dps cds to open every match. Not to mention they can hardcast fears at like .8-.9 second casts during that. I would also love to see horrifies break on damage. They already have their own DR category, I dont see the need to not break on damage.

OT: I doubt they will nerf anything class related. We might get a hotfix on someone that seems out of control but nothing really stands out since a lot of things are ridiculous right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Health: 10% extra hp and that goes for the whole team. Same with warriors and priests.

Heals: One 2minute cooldown that heals 12 x ~12000. Thats 144k evert 2 minutes. Hardly as many heals as a healer.

Squishyness: Probably the caster with the most damage mitigation. Not even remotely hard to counter tho. Kill pet, kill lock.

DPS: Perhaps a Destruction Warlock that can freecast 4 chaos bolts and shadowburn has alot of dps. Affliction (which the majority
    of warlocks specs) does not have high dps.

Pet: Everyone and their mother has pets.

All I see is QQ based on ignorance. Try learning the game and you might have a better time
    Stop trying to defend your class, i saw a destro lock heal for 15 million in a 2's fight, my affliction warlock had a hard time trying to bring down the destro lock below 10%, and it was a 1vs1 situation where my partner killed his other partner.

And my affliction lock has his prideful wep with 20k pvp power, just not fun when ember tap heals for an absurd amount.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2014-03-28 at 03:58 AM.

WoD will reduce control across the board so it while be a whole new world when it launches anyway.

Not to mention the healing/HP scaling changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I mean warlocks...ffs..as much health as tanks, as many heals as healers,
    Shields. Not many heals. Their control is out of control though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well mostly I think it will stay the same, and if any other class actually gets stronger they will just nerf back down.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Locks passively heal alot through siphon life, sac, or soul link. They also have healthstones and a healing CD. Destro can also ember tap for more healing. Locks heal ALOT, thinking they don't is ludicrous.
    Ember Tap yeah okay, though it costs you a lot in damage to use. Healthstones? I can't remember ever in my life worrying about a lock using HS lol. Sac is a shield, not a heal.

They have passive heals yes but low level passive stuff is of little use in PVP which is all about burst.

Their shields are very strong, but once their shields are down those heals won't save them. Except that they can control you to oblivion.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with most of what you said but that's nonsense.

There are other classes that have too much control apart from Warlocks, but that doesn't mean Warlock control isn't OP. That's why control is getting reduced across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There are other classes that have too much control apart from Warlocks, but that doesn't mean Warlock control isn't OP. That's why control is getting reduced across the board.
    I wish the control for other classes would be like mistweavers have right now, you can cc people, sure, but you can not keep them cced all by yourself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some pretty crazy outliers for dps and healers at the moment, but I highly doubt there will be any big changes.

weird things like fists of fury doing 375k+ damage during it, 175k+ RSK, warlocks getting off a chaosbolt shadowburn (Off a pet is the easiest way, and havoc onto someone else) combo, rogue burst, mage burst, resto shaman healing at the moment (though they do get focused fairly easily by double melee teams, they are so good against casters it is freaking insane)

I'm sure i am missing some things, but honestly I had more fun in season five then this, and that was my previous least favorite season

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, warlocks are EXTREMELY good right now, mostly affliction-they work in a ton of comps as well.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shields. Not many heals. Their control is out of control though :P
    I just have to ask but what shields are we talking about? All I can think of is Dark Bargain which is a 3 minute cooldown and Twilight Ward which only absorbs around 50k spell damage on a 30 sec cooldown ( which ain't a lot when you have 600k health).

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Stop trying to defend your class, i saw a destro lock heal for 15 million in a 2's fight, my affliction warlock had a hard time trying to bring down the destro lock below 10%, and it was a 1vs1 situation where my partner killed his other partner.

And my affliction lock has his prideful wep with 20k pvp power, just not fun when ember tap heals for an absurd amount.
    Yeah, guess what, PvP ain't balanced around 1v1 (nor 2v2) and compared to Destruction, Affliction just sucks at 1v1.

Well... not including the stamina buff they bring, they also have an extra 10% health passively over other classes and also let's not forget to mention if they use Soul Link & Grimoire of Sacrifice they gain another 20% health (though not many locks do this from experience). Then there's using Grimoire of Supremacy with a Voidwalker and using Shadow Bulwark to increase your maximum health by 30% (temporarily).

You probably forgot to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Ele shamans are the real tanks of the game, Massive Cannon, Massive Defense, except they also have high mobility.

U w0t m8?

I guess the 'tunnel the blue' tactic employed in all 3v3 arena's is a myth, agree with the massive cannon bit ofc though.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-28 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, here are the few things that need nerfs and buffs and then PVP will be fine. This is a compilation of many topics on Blizzard forums, not just my words:

NERFS:

Druid

*Symbiosis with some classes, which granted too many defensive CDs and CCs, is changed to grant damaging abilities and various short-term buffs instead. This includes Divine Shield (Feral from Paladin), Deterrence (Rdruid from Hunter), Ice Block (Rdruid from Mage), etc.

All immunities, additional CC and teleportation abilities are removed from Symbiosis altogether.

*Nature's Swiftness no longer makes Cyclone and Entangling Roots instant.

Warrior

*Deep Wounds damage is reduced by 50%.

*Sitting in Defensive Stance now gives a passive penalty of 20% to all damage dealt.

Mage

*Presence of Mind no longer makes all normally casted CC abilities instant

Hunter

*The talent "Narrow Escape" is changed to work every SECOND Disengage to be less mandatory and OP than it is now.

*Using Deterrence from now on results in state of Exhaustion, which lasts for 30 seconds and prevents using other Deterrence in a row.

*All pets and minions' damage is toned down by 20% for MM and Survival specs.

*When in melee range, Hunter's damage suffers a 25% penalty

Warlock

*Demonic Gate is now unusable in Arena and Rated Battlegrounds

*Shivarra / Succubus auto-CC: now has a 15 second cooldown

Monk

*Transcendence is now unusable in Arena and Rated Battlegrounds

Shaman

*Mana cost of Purge increased to 200%

================================================================

BUFFS:

Priest - Shadow:

*Dispersion (spell changed) - in addition to previous effect, while dispersed and 2 seconds afterwards, Shadow Priest is now immune to all DoT and crowd control effects

Paladin - Retribution:

*Triumphant Glory (passive) - Word of Glory's healing is tripled when used on Paladin himself and is not on global cooldown, but now has a 10-sec internal CD. Does not work with Eternal Flame talent.

Rated Battlegrounds - general:

*All flag carriers in TP / WSG should drop the flag from now on when using any Sprint and displacement abilities (such as Heroic Leap, Dash, Blink, etc). This includes Rogue's talent Burst of Speed

Fixed PVP

- - - Updated - - -

Why Hunter got most nerfs in my view on balanced PvP?

Imho, today Hunters became the top OP class; this season, after ridiculous 10% flat damage buff to aspect (thanks to "PvE" reason, as always), they bypassed even Warriors in terms of retardedness.

100% uptime; all ranged and most instant CC on various DRs; spammable abilities; a Second-Wind like passive heal; very good survival and avoidance; huge damage overall, perhaps top damage in Arenas right now; unstoppable pets and minions which cannot be LoSed; this is overall too much. Hunters absolutely ruin not only Arenas, but also Battlegrounds, starting from level 15-19 and on to 90 and beyond.

Hunters need serious nerfs ASAP, even before Warrior and Resto Druid.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-03-28 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ your hunter nerfs, so what you are saying is you want hunters to be a free HK.

- Taking the 1 Defensive and cutting it's effectiveness in half
    - Also you are doing the same thing to narrow escape ( you can dispel it btw )
    - Cutting our dps but 25% while in melee is just lol ( why not by that logic just bring back the dead zone ) that made me cringe just typing it.

without our 2 deter's we would just get trained all day long ( our deter is the only reason we are not first target )

If you can't beat a hunter he either a) outgears you ( in this case hunters are not op your just undergeared )
    b) you just let him turret dmg into you without putting pressure out or ccing ( in this case it's L2P issue )
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-03-28 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Zone would be too severe penalty; don't you think it's better to deal 75% damage, than no damage?

After all, not only in most MMOs but also in strategy games (!) like Heroes of Might and Magic I've played for many years, all shooters suffer a penalty when are engaged in melee; and those who don't, usually have less shots or shoot with less damage.

Casters don't have this penalty, but they are interruptable and lockable with Silence. Hunters are not effected by Silence and cannot be interrupted. They are a ridiculous supercheater OP killing machine today.

It doesn't make sense that hunter deals SAME damage in melee range. Moreover, it's a total nonsense. It should have never happened.

P.S. Don't forget dispels have a 8-second CD today.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-03-28 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Dead Zone would be too severe penalty; after all, not only in most MMOs but also in strategy games (!) like Heroes of Might and Magic I've played for many years, all shooters suffer a penalty when are engaged in melee; and those who don't, usually have less shots or shoot with less damage.

It doesn't make sense that hunter deals SAME damage in melee range. Moreover, it's a total nonsense. It should have never happened.
    If im in melee range as a hunter we are already at a disadvantage ....... cause guess what? said melee is beating my face in. As a hunter it's really hard to put out good pressure with a melee in your face. I think that's penalty enough.

If i have a melee on me and hes putting out pressure with some snars/stuns/fears/sleeps or what have you, there is no way i can put out my normal dmg.

If we do end up having to use our deter - our dmg output goes to 0

Stop blaming a class for your L2P issues.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-03-28 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    If im in melee range as a hunter we are already at a disadvantage ....... cause guess what? said melee is beating my face in. As a hunter it's really hard to put out good pressure with a melee in your face. I think that's penalty enough.

If i have a melee on me and hes putting out pressure with some snars/stuns/fears/sleeps or what have you, there is no way i can put out my normal dmg.

If we do end up having to use our deter - our dmg output goes to 0

Stop blaming a class for your L2P issues.
    Stop lifting blame from your class and telling people to l2p. Idk that I'd support less damage in melee range but let's not deny Hunter OPness.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-28 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hunter it's really hard to put out good pressure with a melee in your face. I think that's penalty enough.
    For this you got a pet hitting like a truck, dazing the melee from behind and sometimes CCing your opponent as well. And also Dire Beast talent and our all-time favorite Stampede. AND the worse and most annoying of them all - the damn pet is also taunting my attack OFF you.

How hard is to survive a 20-seconds melee's attack till next Disengage + Narrow Cheat-Scape is off when you got x2 Deterrence, pet is constantly taunting off, + Feign Death to go out of combat + Scatter in enemy's face?

No wonder only Boomkin or incredibly good WW Monk can beat a Hunter today if it happens that you left vs. a Hunter alone in the Arena. No one else can do anything. On top of OP damage and instant CC and uptime - absolutely disgustingly top OP class in any 1vs1 situation today. Never was that OP before.

P.S.

Also, DoTs for Survival continue ticking as nothing happened. Will the DoTs hit less or prevent you from dealing huge damage to attacker when you are engaged in melee range?

P.P.S. Stop with this "L2P" thing. "L2P" responses clearly define forum trolls. It's a troll's favored trademark.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-03-28 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Stop lifting blame from your class and telling people to l2p.
    I would sir if it wasn't a L2P issue

Stop, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-28 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Littlepinch, reported for meaningless trolling.

Either present a valid opinion and give reasons why Hunters are not OP, or stop trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    For this you got a pet hitting like a truck, dazing the melee from behind and sometimes CCing your opponent as well. And also Dire Beast talent and our all-time favorite Stampede. AND the worse and most annoying of them all - the damn pet is also taunting my attack OFF you.

How hard is to survive a 20-seconds melee's attack till next Disengage + Narrow Cheat-Scape is off when you got x2 Deterrence, pet is constantly taunting off, + Feign Death to go out of combat + Scatter in enemy's face?

No wonder only Boomkin or incredibly good WW Monk can beat a Hunter today if it happens that you left vs. a Hunter alone in the Arena. No one else can do anything. On top of OP damage and instant CC and uptime - absolutely disgustingly top OP class in any 1vs1 situation today. Never was that OP before.

P.S.

Also, DoTs for Survival continue ticking as nothing happened. Will the DoTs hit less or prevent you from dealing huge damage to attacker when you are engaged in melee range?

P.P.S. Stop with this "L2P" thing. "L2P" responses clearly define forum trolls. It's a troll's favored trademark.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but our pet's don't hit like trucks while in deter lol ( we can't even kill command ) so all your getting hit by is basic attacks and such.

Also with the base resil, at best you will get off a 80k crit KC

If i have to use 2x deter with a melee on me, guess what? right after said deters are done ( if said melee stays on me ) I am one dead hunter shortly after deter goes down ( war's say hi with all those gap closers )

I do have to agree with the WW monk statement ( even with all of our mobility a ww monk just won't let you get away )

there is almost 0 surv hunters in arena atm - 90% of what you will see is BM and MM ( MM does have some nasty burst potential )

Trust me when i say i'm not here to troll, i just don't like people tearing down a class that is no where near OP - people just don't deal with us correctly

Dispel has a 8 sec CD yes but in most cases you have more then 1 class with dispels in 3's

- - - Updated - - -

Littlepinch, reported for meaningless trolling.

Either present a valid opinion and give reasons why Hunters are not OP, or stop trolling.
    you haven't been reading my posts then as i have been giving you said reasons ( you just don't like to listen i guess )
    All you saw was my L2P statement and ignored all facts afterwards - I apologize for the L2P stuff but in no way am i trolling maybe count to ten and take a deep breath before hitting the report button because you don't like what i have to say.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-03-28 at 01:39 PM.

I guess Blizzard moved all their efforts to WoD and give a big middle finger to everyone currently playing (great costumer treatment). Hunters are completely out of whack, that class is so ridiculous. I wont deny warriors are stupid right now either.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything needs to go, it's warlocks sleep pet with 0 CD on it ........ that coupled with fears makes me want to rip my hair out.