Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters can't be nerfed for pvp because we're too weak in pve. The class has been broken the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Hunters can't be nerfed for pvp because we're too weak in pve. The class has been broken the entire expansion.
    Indeed. Hunter damage is possibly the poorest among the pure dps classes in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I was trying to research this "rolling dot tech" you are talking about. All the references that I have found so far maintain the weaker applications of the same DoT effect nerf the previous clipped DoT.

Again regarding armor. Wouldn't it be more logical to improve Physical damage dealers damage against heavy armored targets by moving damage away from pure Physical to other effects, instead of nerfing D-Stance and exposing Warriors to all other none physical damage dealers which include every single caster/Bleed damage/poison damage/Death Knight damage dealer? Just move some of the Monk/Hunter/Paladin damage away from physical to things like Fire/Holy?

rolling dot just does this:

i fire skill A it lasts for 5 seconds and does 100 damage over 5 seconds

I fire skill A again 2 seconds later, there's 60 damage left on the first application and I add another 100

therefore I now do 160 damage over 5 seconds and it continues.

Well then you might as well just not have as much armour instea of arbitrarily giving all the other classes ways to penetrate it, but that would then break pve.

Right now Warriors synergize so well in 3v3 because of how good Stormbolt/Shockwave is.
    No warriors synergize too good because they are too good at too much. Mobility, survival, control/utility, burst dmg, sustained dmg and spread dmg. They have the answer to it all. There's classes that and burst and have control or burst and mobility etc but warriors are the main ones that can really do it all while also being braindead easy to play. Even after the nerfs in s14 and coming into s15 whats the #1 rep'd spec still arms....
    Again Defensive Stance has by default nerfed damage. You get rage starved by every single Slam and Overpower is not even an option. Just keeping up Hamstring negates the passive rage generation in D-stance.
    You are bad if d stance rage starves you because the only time d stance rage starves you is when you don't need to be in it lol. And if D stance really rage starved warriors at all times and not being in d stance made you glass then warriors would be either just dead or do no dmg and neither are the case. Which means they are in d stance doing real dmg.

Pls just stop trying to defend warriors we've had to deal with this over tuned bs 75% of expansion. Most warrior posters think like this s13 was terrible for warriors and were balanced the other seasons. Warrior logic 5-6% rep warriors are broken (s13) 15-22% rep warriors are balanced ( the rest of mop...)

Now before someone blows up at this post I am not saying warriors are just unstoppable killing machines but they are just too good at too much and they aren't the only class like that (looking at you hunters and mages). Classes are meant to be about strengths and weakness warriors lost to many weaknesses in mop as did many other classes and it needs to be corrected but we'll have to see what wod will do. But given past history it will be just as fail.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-03-28 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Hunter is currently the 5th best DPS class around according to raidbots. Also you can simply nerf their insane amount of CC instead, silence shot could be removed from the game, for instance.

They will probably wait for people to get full gear, but I am pretty sure they won't touch in the game untill WoD, Holinka already said they are limited to hot fixes...

Warriors will hopefully get the nerf they deserve. Damage is fine, but their control and sustainability is just... insane. I'm amazed that after all the years of "we don't listen to complaints", they chickened out on the Charge nerf.

Will any of this happen in time to matter? No, probably not.

Deleted
    Bleh. From the PoV of a UH DK, PvP would be in a lot better place if casters had to actually, you know, cast.
    As a melee I am already at a disadvantage because I need to be within arms reach to do damage (Well, one of the main boons of UH is ranged pressure, that I admit, but try landing a kill without NS/SS/SR >_>) while a caster can just wail away at me regardless of where he is. Not to mention the sheer amount of gap openers/mobility the top casters have compared to any melee that is not Lolwarriors or Rogues. Trying to kill a Mage or a Rdruid is an exercise of frustration.

IMO Nerf Warrior mobility then nerf gap openers so other melee have a chance. Then nerf CC and interrupts so casters can cast and then nerf the amount of instant casts.

that'll go a long way of helping PvP. I won't even start on hunters though.

EDIT: Also, this is from the PoV of a new guy to PvP trying to get to grips with it. So I am bound to be mistaken. but thats just how I feel.
    Last edited by mmocaef2e27220; 2014-03-30 at 04:15 AM.

What they need to do is just separate PvP and PvE class balancing. It really needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What they need to do is just separate PvP and PvE class balancing. It really needs to happen.
    Never will happen but really needs to so many times some class gets some pve buff and screws pvp. And they don't even have to go crazy on this and make it everything if they balanced classes dmg/healing in pvp and pve things would be so much better. And they can't even say the crap they've said against separate pve and pvp balance in the past like "that would make it like two different games people have to learn".

They already have to do that pvp dmg/healing is already different from pve. The only difference is res and battle fatigue are blanket nerfs which we know are always terrible for balance. They could remove both and balance every spec in pvp in its place like they try to do in pve but they will never do that.

Wouldn't count on it, sub didn't get nerfed in 4.3, shadow didn't get nerfed in 3.3, sub and resto were just plain stupid for like 2 seasons in TBC,... Highly doubt they'll make any big changes before WoD, maybe some minor damage tweaks.

That would make way to much sense....

Deleted
    This point has been raised multiple times since season 1 and blizz has responded that they wont do it
    because it would make the game more complicated and harder for casuals.

So basically this means that pvp is unbalanced because of bad gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Hunter is currently the 5th best DPS class around according to raidbots. Also you can simply nerf their insane amount of CC instead, silence shot could be removed from the game, for instance.
    >raidbots as a valuable and appropriate source of information to base around damage standings overall for this current tier

Honestly not surprised people are crying again, about hunters, in pvp, when you never in an RBG want more than one, they're weaker in 2s, and oh no 3s is only trivial at best, same with 5s, but hey man that hunter in that random bg killed me so hard im going to forum complain and fight to nerf them!

I agree. They really need to nerf DK's. Especially frost. They are just so good at everything right now. Also nerf piercing howl to 8 yard radius. I'm sure that will nerf warriors significantly.

Should probably buff mages and windwalkers while they are at it. And resto druids are far too easy to kill, with no mobility and no way to get out of snares and roots.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-03-31 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    >raidbots as a valuable and appropriate source of information to base around damage standings overall for this current tier

Honestly not surprised people are crying again, about hunters, in pvp, when you never in an RBG want more than one, they're weaker in 2s, and oh no 3s is only trivial at best, same with 5s, but hey man that hunter in that random bg killed me so hard im going to forum complain and fight to nerf them!
    In theory you shouldn't want more then 1 of any pure dps class in RBGs. Also Hunters are doing very well in arenas. It's not LolStampede anymore, but they are very strong both 2s and 3s (nobody pays attention to 5s) especially as they enjoy excellent synergy with Warriors.

Perhaps people(including Devs) should acknowledge that the majority of PvP happens outside of 3s and 5s?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-31 at 11:02 PM.

You're right. Leave Hunters exactly as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I agree. They really need to nerf DK's. Especially frost. They are just so good at everything right now. Also nerf piercing howl to 8 yard radius. I'm sure that will nerf warriors significantly.

Should probably buff mages and windwalkers while they are at it. And resto druids are far too easy to kill, with no mobility and no way to get out of snares and roots.
    Sounds good. Warlocks definitely need their old armor buff back too, they are far too squishy. Spriests on the other hand are way too tanky, they need some survivability nerfs. Only other thing I can think of is making aimed shot nature damage as well since hunters damage is too low. Make some changes like that and we are in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Sounds good. Warlocks definitely need their old armor buff back too, they are far too squishy. Spriests on the other hand are way too tanky, they need some survivability nerfs. Only other thing I can think of is making aimed shot nature damage as well since hunters damage is too low. Make some changes like that and we are in business.
    Shadowburn and Chaos Bolt still aren't hitting hard enough either. Better buff damage and survivability on Warlocks, wouldn't want their representation to dip!

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    This point has been raised multiple times since season 1 and blizz has responded that they wont do it
    because it would make the game more complicated and harder for casuals.

So basically this means that pvp is unbalanced because of bad gamers.
    Even if they did separate the two they would still find a way to fuck it up... Just throwing that out there.