Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dota vs dota 2, which do you like better?

I've tried to play dota 2 recently but i cant seem to get into it. It just doesnt feel right to me.
    i still love the old dota game and dont think dota 2 will ever replace that for me

which do you prefer?

I've been playing dota 2 for the last 2 years or whenever beta started, played dota 1 for 5-6 yrs before that and they're basically the same game to me, just dota 2 has better graphics and systems, same game just improved a bit imo.

Deleted
    Played dota for a very long time, played HoN when it came out and when DotA beta first got available I started switching to DotA.... it was hard as hell to get into it, really had to force myself.

Now I can't play any other moba and to be honest it's the real heir to dota. It's basically exactly dota, but with its own engine, so the same game....better.
    Play a few games, get yourself into it and you'll see you'll enjoy it

DotA 2 is far and away better than DotA 1 for me at this point. The graphics are much nicer, and the engine allows more to be done. It's basically the same game but nicer looking and with minor improvements.

I see no real reason to ever go play DotA 1 anymore, mainly because matchmaking in DotA 2 makes actually playing real games so much easier. In DotA 1 you had to either get lucky and find 9 people that didn't just leave after their first death, or you had to use websites and find people to play with. Just a pain to do.

I will say though, I miss -aremdm, that was awesome, tons of gold and getting different heroes all the time. Buy all carry items, die, respawn as a support. Was great.

Deleted
    I think Dota2 is alot better, just the ability to change the keybinds is enough for me to never play Dota 1 again

DOTA1. More versitile. The Chinese DOTA2 servers are so terrible. I have better bandwidth in my fecal matter.

Deleted
    Dota 2 has a very poor engine compared to Dota 1, which is rather sad tbh

I much prefer DotA 2, for three primary reasons:

1. It is much faster to get a game.
    2. None of that 'quiz' bullshit.
    3. No latency delay or 'unresponsive movement' (typically).

Additionally and perhaps because of that, players tend to be much nicer because they're not so elitist or easily pissed off. Sure, things can get heated, and occasionally you deal with a prick, but I've yet to encounter anyone that I actually wanted to reach through the internet and kill. Can't say that about original DotA, that's for damn sure.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2013-09-17 at 08:01 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    I've tried to play dota 2 recently but i cant seem to get into it. It just doesnt feel right to me.
    i still love the old dota game and dont think dota 2 will ever replace that for me

which do you prefer?
    League of Legends one.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-17 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfresh View Post
    League of Legends one.
    dota >>>>>>>>>> LOL

unless u're some kind of casual
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I like original Dota more because of art style. Dota2's art is quite bad imo. The games may be the same but it's actually not 100%. If you played a lot of Dota 1 you will know that it does't feel exactly the same because they use different engine. I don't play any Dota-like game anymore though.

Dota has to stretch itself to get ability mechanics working exactly as it wants to because it is running the Warcraft engine, Dota 2 can just implement anything however it likes and that makes it much smoother

dota i love it old

Deleted
    When i first played Dota 2 i was amazed at how well they managed to keep the feel of Dota 1. It felt exactly the same, but better.

The only thing i didn't like was the loss of the Warcraft theme to it. E.g. Nyx was Anub'arak, loss of Sentinel vs. Scourge (Radiant and Dire as concepts are still a bit weird to me) and Roshan took an ugly turn for appearance. That said, it was nice to see the development of Dota's own lore.
    Last edited by mmocde130d5497; 2013-09-18 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only like Dota 2 more of one reason only. I actually am allowed to play the darn thing. Every time I tried getting into it there was always this bullcrap about having to download the game manually to even be able to play with others (people always kicked me if I downloaded the mod when joining) and the amount of versions of the game made it hard to catch up with what was actually going on with the mod, so I never got an honest chance of playing it properly.

However, I dislike how much Dota 2 plagiarised Blizzard's game by having near identical models for the heroes. Heck, some of them even directly quote stuff from the WarCraft 3 heroes, like Omniknight for example. It just doesn't sit right with me how awfully similar Dota 2 is to WarCraft 3 in areas that could easily have been divergent from its source material.

dota 1 because of nostalgia mostly, both are good though.

Deleted
    Dota 2 for playing dota, Wc3 for playing any other map (As it should be)

Dota. Dota2 actually looks worse graphically than the WC3 Engine... somehow. That said, Dota2 is more polished despite many things that I personally dislike so much that I can't bother playing it. I do play another MOBA occasionally, which is leagues ahead in polish.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Dota is a game.
    DOTA 2 is a competitive game.

I prefer Dota

I dunno why but i just couldnt get the same sense of play style from dota 2.

maybe i just got into all those wc3 mechanics and stuff

but dota has its own downsides like...."player has left the game", oh better remake game and hope none dcs

anways dota>dota2 transition was hard so i had a go with Lol and yea....XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!