Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    A third of the forum, I do not hold much use of the public WoW forum, but if I recall, the needed subforums are already there, the 3 role forums though could just be spread out, as they said, they have some threads with redirecting into the needed forums.
    Except it makes no sense to discuss a lot of stuff on the Class forums, there's no inter healer discussion or anything like that at all. All you get will be people from your own class, most of whom play a different role. Also by that logic, why aren't they closing down the US Heal/DPS/Tanking forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    What pisses me off is the fact that the EU blues aren't good representatives of the company as a whole, what they post boils down to pre-determined guidelines.
    Most of them post nonsense in nonsense threads that nobody cares about.

    And when they do post something 'serious' it's a copypaste job from what the developers/US CMs have already said.

    Just scrap it entirely and let EU post on the US forums.
    Agreed, it's mostly just there to pay lip service anyway by now. They don't care about the feedback from there, they don't care about properly moderating the forums, often they don't even announce stuff there anymore cause they can't be bothered.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Some days when I am feeling down about myself I'll happen to come across a post like this and feel so much better about myself again. People losing their minds and acting like it's some conspiracy over how a video game forum (that nobody cares about or reads) is used. Yes yes OP, Blizz clearly for no reason at all hates the EU, and clearly values American and Asian money over your money. I'm perfectly sure there is zero reason Blizz doesn't pay much attention to the EU boards, it just has to be that they literally hate Europeans and are purposely out to screw you guys over and possibly lose business/money while doing it. OP, you say "they don't even bother to post valuable Blizzard information on the EU forum anymore which they at least did in the past by copy pasting those posts"...in like 9 years of playing I have never went over to the official forums to get "valuable blizzard information"...and if they are copy and pasting posts then hmmmmmm I don't know...perhaps try looking at source page where they always copied from anyway? Seriously, calm the hell down. It's a video game forum that barely anyone uses, Blizz actually doesn't hate you people or is out to get you...I promise.
    "Hey, let's ignore all this criticism most of which can be proven true by comparing the EU and the US forums and how they're being handled and instead try to make it out to be some lunatic conspicary theory!". The US forums are in effect completely useless to EU people, it's read only for us. We can't participate in discussions there, we can't give feedback, we can't voice our concerns or critic or do anything at all, only read them. It makes their existance all the more frustrating.

    The last three blue posts on the EU forum were one day ago, them announcing the closure of three subforums they'll keep around in the US, 6 days ago on the Deathknight class forums telling them that there are too many sticky requests for them to deal with (seriously?) and 9 days ago the copy and paste announciation of Cross Realm Raiding. All three are by Takralus all three are "read only".

    Meanwhile on the US you have the "writers challenge" in a subforum that doesn't even exist on the EU forum, some challenge by Critho for pet battlers and some feedback on the gear issues in PvP. Meanwhile the issues the merge with the Russians caused are either completely ignored, there's no feedback whatsoever or threads are just being closed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You can discuss healing/damage/tanking issues under the relevant class forums. Half the time, threads in them forums were "what is the best DPS", "what should I roll?", "Warlocks are OP", "Paladins are rubbish" threads, and I can't say any of them are constructive or healthy for the community; having questions and feedback posted in class forums not only makes the posts and replies more relevant, but also more informed.

    EDIT: Looking through to see if anyone has made a "lose a raid tier" comment since it's pretty much the standard for any Blizzard QQ thread now.

    EDIT2: Pahh, no-one has made one, guess I'll have to do it.

    OP What would you rather: They close these sub-forums so they no longer have to moderate them OR they continue having to moderate them and you lose a raid tier?!??!
    I'd rather lose a raid tier. Alternatively close the EU forums and merge us with the US giving english speaking people the ability to partake on those forums. The whole seperation doesn't even make sense anymore anyway.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where the vikings roam! so not the US
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You can discuss healing/damage/tanking issues under the relevant class forums. Half the time, threads in them forums were "what is the best DPS", "what should I roll?", "Warlocks are OP", "Paladins are rubbish" threads, and I can't say any of them are constructive or healthy for the community; having questions and feedback posted in class forums not only makes the posts and replies more relevant, but also more informed.

    EDIT: Looking through to see if anyone has made a "lose a raid tier" comment since it's pretty much the standard for any Blizzard QQ thread now.

    EDIT2: Pahh, no-one has made one, guess I'll have to do it.

    OP What would you rather: They close these sub-forums so they no longer have to moderate them OR they continue having to moderate them and you lose a raid tier?!??!
    #1 why are the corresponding sub forums left in the US?
    #2 given that the thread title literally is: Close the EU forums, that doesn't make sense, but fine shut down the entire EU forums, That gains us a tier!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is actual data of accusations and convictions.
    You can link me the legal definition of "rape" all you want.
    Those are the actual conviction statistics.
    Proverbs 12:23

  3. #23
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,191
    Why do they even have separate eu and usa forums.. mmochampion seems to work ok with it 0o

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why do they even have separate eu and usa forums.. mmochampion seems to work ok with it 0o
    Fairly sure back when the game first came out the internet connection was still an issue, so they created seperated servers for EU/US, I think even the US had different realms/hosting servers for East/Westcoast in the past at least for Wc3 that was still the case.

    Nowadays it doesn't really make sense anymore, especially since they included South America into the US by now anyway and people from Australia/New Zealand also seem to be part of the US hub and they recently "improved the European PvP experience" by merging them with the Russian one's for Arenas/BGs.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    They should just merge the EU/US forums. Splitting a community like this is pointless.
    Agreed, this whole BS of it causing a Europe vs America constant flame-bait is just a myth.

    You don't see English and Scottish constantly going at each other or Germans and English

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    397
    Cos Blizzard are a business and if they know they can get away with reducing the quality of their service, thereby reducing cost expenditure, without impacting their profits, they'll take it. Basically, TDGAF.
    Not trying to sound like a dick, but the only way to make your voice heard, is by hitting them where it hurts: their pocket. Unsubbing is the only genuine voice you have, much like the voting system - it has a direct impact, whereas any alternative doesn't.
    “How many people long for that 'past, simpler, and better world', I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?” - R.A.Salvatore
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Dr. Richard Dawkins

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why do they even have separate eu and usa forums.. mmochampion seems to work ok with it 0o
    I remember at some point they said it has to do with the various languages supported on the EU forums. Or something, it was quite a while ago.
    Which still doesn't answer the question of why they can't merge the english forums (the ones used by the majority of the community) and have employees from Europe maintain the localised versions.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Cos Blizzard are a business and if they know they can get away with reducing the quality of their service, thereby reducing cost expenditure, without impacting their profits, they'll take it. Basically, TDGAF.
    Not trying to sound like a dick, but the only way to make your voice heard, is by hitting them where it hurts: their pocket. Unsubbing is the only genuine voice you have, much like the voting system - it has a direct impact, whereas any alternative doesn't.
    Honestly I'll just get the 27k conquest achievment and maybe Rival this time around before I just quit and wait for them to allow flight in WoD. I've finished challenge modes, proving grounds, most of the PvP stuff I wanted to do and basically everything I wanted to have before WoD hits and there's currently no good reason for me to keep playing anymore and since I'm absolutely putt off by no flying they'll miss out on my fee for a about a year as it currently stands and I'm not even sure at this point if I'm all that interested in WoD anymore. :|

    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I remember at some point they said it has to do with the various languages supported on the EU forums. Or something, it was quite a while ago.
    Which still doesn't answer the question of why they can't merge the english forums (the ones used by the majority of the community) and have employees from Europe maintain the localised versions.
    They merged the Hearthstone forums, they merged US with South America despite the language barrier, they throw together EU people on battlegrounds and so on despite the language barrier. It's a bad argument when they most of the time don't care about it anyway.

  9. #29
    That is just how scaling down a service works in this business. They do not want to make big waves.

    Not like the blues on EU forums provided anything meaningful besides moderation. They just had to keep the place clean and repeat the their script of empty promises, like listening to EU player,
    working on your problems and just preparing a solution that is soon to be released.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    They merged the Hearthstone forums, they merged US with South America despite the language barrier, they throw together EU people on battlegrounds and so on despite the language barrier. It's a bad argument when they most of the time don't care about it anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3490?page=3#59
    Ok found the topic I was referring to (see reply #59).
    It's from during the Cata launch, and the main argument for the segregation was basically "we like it like this for now", so the door was left open for the possibility of merging at some point in the future.
    We simply have no plans to change how it is now: our forums are split based on region and then again on language.
    So you're welcome to keep discussing this for now if you like, as long as you realise that we are continuing with how we have it setup currently.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,124
    Who remembers Crezax and Mucow here?

    Let's see who is a veteran player.

    OT: Nobody who is serious posts on the EU forums. The Devs don't read them. The moderators are Nazis and they are full of rabid Blizzard fanbois. The only forums that do matter re the NA forums, and of those 3-4 sub forums matter the most.

    If you have any thing constructive to say abt the game post it here, most of Blizzard read these forums regularly.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    OT: Nobody who is serious posts on the EU forums. The Devs don't read them. The moderators are Nazis and they are full of rabid Blizzard fanbois. The only forums that do matter re the NA forums, and of those 3-4 sub forums matter the most.

    If you have any thing constructive to say abt the game post it here, most of Blizzard read these forums regularly.
    Its not like people from EU have choice of posting on US forum, you know.

  13. #33
    Warchief Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    OT: Nobody who is serious posts on the EU forums. The Devs don't read them. The moderators are Nazis and they are full of rabid Blizzard fanbois. The only forums that do matter re the NA forums.
    Wowww.

    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Its not like people from EU have choice of posting on US forum, you know.
    ^

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    They should just merge the EU/US forums. Splitting a community like this is pointless.
    Honestly I don't think the Europeans are really comparable to Americans. I hope they are never able to pretend to be our equals. They can have their ghetto forums.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Except it makes no sense to discuss a lot of stuff on the Class forums, there's no inter healer discussion or anything like that at all. All you get will be people from your own class, most of whom play a different role. Also by that logic, why aren't they closing down the US Heal/DPS/Tanking forum?
    You can discuss that stuff in the Raids and Dungeons or PvP forums; whichever is most appropriate. That's actually a big confuser in the threads that actually make up most of those forums that are just "Which is the best?" anyway. Given the higher traffic in those forums, you might actually get more useful replies too.

    I'd rather lose a raid tier. Alternatively close the EU forums and merge us with the US giving english speaking people the ability to partake on those forums. The whole seperation doesn't even make sense anymore anyway.
    Honestly don't see the harm in that, they always said there were technical limitations as to why that never happened though and why we had our own PTR/Beta forums rather than be able to post in the US ones.

    Frankly, as it's been pointed out already, posting here is probably more productive for EU players since these get read by Blizzard, or if not, stuff worthy of discussion usually gets linked and carried over to the US forums anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •