Is there a caster class

That doesnt multi dot or react to trink procs?

Excluding hunter ofcourse since they are more so a ranged physical damage dealer. But now that i think about it there doesn't seem to be one caster that doesn't multi dot or uses CDs and dot refreshes/chaos bolt based on trink procs...

Deleted
    Elemental shaman probably. Flame shock isn't that strong, and their big hitting skill lava burst shouldn't be delayed. Still they should multidot to some extent, but less than the other casters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    That doesnt multi dot or react to trink procs?

Excluding hunter ofcourse since they are more so a ranged physical damage dealer. But now that i think about it there doesn't seem to be one caster that doesn't multi dot or uses CDs and dot refreshes/chaos bolt based on trink procs...
    Elemental shaman is what you are looking for. There is no need to multidot, you need to keep flameshock on your current target but otherwise it's shit
    Last edited by mmoce7e9c6a114; 2014-03-27 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class lines up procs/cooldowns with trinkets, that's kinda the point of trinket procs; to keep gameplay dynamic rather than a rotation or priority list of macros to whack everything the moment it comes off cooldown. It creates that skill delta that's so often referred to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't having flame shock on multiple targets increase the chance for the instant lava burst though?

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Doesn't having flame shock on multiple targets increase the chance for the instant lava burst though?
    Yes. If you arent multi dotting with flameshock you are a bad ele shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Yes. If you arent multi dotting with flameshock you are a bad ele shaman.
    might be, I just play this as an alt and took that from the elemental guide on mmoc

"It is not worth using Flame Shock on additional targets if you're facing 2-3 targets. This is because the damage output of Earth Shock at 7 charges is roughly the same as Flame Shock & Lava Burst, and when using Chain Lightning to cleave you'll be generating more Lightning Shield charges than normal."

So I guess if they are spread out it is worth it when you can't use chain lightning
    Last edited by mmoce7e9c6a114; 2014-03-27 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaeed View Post
    might be, I just play this as an alt and took that from the elemental guide on mmoc

"It is not worth using Flame Shock on additional targets if you're facing 2-3 targets. This is because the damage output of Earth Shock at 7 charges is roughly the same as Flame Shock & Lava Burst, and when using Chain Lightning to cleave you'll be generating more Lightning Shield charges than normal."

So I guess if they are spread out it is worth it when you can't use chain lightning
    This is right. If mobs are spread out, you'll multidot, if not, you'll just chain lightning. It also has a 6 second cooldown, which makes multidotting a lot harder, as many adds don't live past 10 or so seconds. Also the shaman's priority doesn't depend on trinket procs.