Page 1 of 2
LastLast

'Guaranteed' Heirlooms Across Different Difficulties.

So as we all know, the first heirloom you receive from Garrosh will always be for usable for your current loot specialization.

Now someone said to me the other day that this is also true across different difficulties (which I didn't know/believe).

For example: I kill Garrosh Normal as Elemental, woop woop I got an heirloom staff or something.

I now go and kill Garrosh Heroic as Elemental, will my first heirloom from Heroic be random (because I've already received my guaranteed loom) or appropriate for my loot specialization again (since I haven't received an heirloom for heroic)?

To make it easier to find the answer, if anyone could also just comment that they got an heirloom from normal and then got an heirloom that WASN'T appropriate for their loot specialization from heroic then we can clear this up (since it could just be coincidence if it was appropriate).

Also: fucking loom drop rate

Fairly certain its always role specific on first drop and each difficulty setting is independent of the others so you will always get a role specific heirloom from each difficulty. They also answered this multiple times in tweets iirc, which is why I'm answering this way, if you really want to go searching for it
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-03-27 at 02:12 PM.

Yeah if you do Flex/Normal/Heroic, if you get an heirloom weapon, it will be guaranteed to be for your spec and it's separate for each difficulty. So for example (not sure if this is how it works) you could end up with 3 caster staffs for your elemental shaman for each difficulty.

You will get a Elemental(or any spec you select) Heirloom for Flex, Normal, Heroic all are seperate. My lock and pally got the same item(same spec selected) on flex/normal/heroic.

Killed Garrosh 11 times, one of these kills was on heroic. I still didn't get my heirloom.

*shrug*
    *sigh*

I got the healing mace in normal and flex, and got the caster staff in heroic first.

So, either I've been lucky, or it's guaranteed to be for your spec.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Unfortunately normal/heroic share the same loot memory. If you've already gotten your guaranteed spec-based heirloom from Garrosh on normal, you can get anything random from your first heroic heirloom.

See our Garrosh kill video for proof (link): a warlock (Dpsonroids) received a strength sword (Hellscream's Doomblade).
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2014-03-27 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ghostcrawler made a post on this a while ago. The BoA weapons will be for your spec the first time it drops for you per game mode, it's all separate; meaning you don't have to skip doing it on flex.
    Correct! So go Flex to your heart's content. (Source)

Considering Blizzard has given the answer that each difficulty is independent, and I would assume anybody reporting otherwise may have killed it and Blizzard had some bug

The example I provided was not the only one I've known of or experienced, but other ones don't have video proof. I think one happened as recently as two weeks ago. My belief is that normal/heroic are clumped together in the same "difficulty" setting because they originate in the same instance. So there's 3 spec-guaranteed heirlooms - first time you get one from LFR, flex, and normal/heroic.

I derped, move along
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-03-28 at 09:12 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no LFR version of the heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    Killed Garrosh 11 times, one of these kills was on heroic. I still didn't get my heirloom.

*shrug*
    *sigh*
    I feel your pain...drop rate on heirlooms is terrible...oh well, maybe next week...

can you bonus roll them?

Quote Originally Posted by thedinosaur View Post
    can you bonus roll them?
    No.

You can't coin them, theres a blue about it somewhere.

Some people think they did, but likely got confused as it's placed into your bag ala LFR style.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    The example I provided was not the only one I've known of or experienced, but other ones don't have video proof. I think one happened as recently as two weeks ago. My belief is that normal/heroic are clumped together in the same "difficulty" setting because they originate in the same instance. So there's 3 spec-guaranteed heirlooms - first time you get one from LFR, flex, and normal/heroic.
    Have those players created tickets about it? Because Blizzard said multiple times (e.g. here, that one is even specific on normal and heroic) that they should be seperate per difficulty, so this seems to be a bug.
    Last edited by cremor; 2014-03-28 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Have those players created tickets about it? Because Blizzard said multiple times (e.g. here, that one is even specific on normal and heroic) that they should be seperate per difficulty, so this seems to be a bug.
    Or people not realizing they're in the wrong loot specialization. For example; my Warrior changes to Protection when we do Paragons in hopes of getting a heroic warforged 1h or heroic tier pants (assuming I can get the trash gloves to ever drop) as both would be a direct upgrade to what I'm currently using for my Fury set.

As for OP's question: the blue post Aquamonkey linked is Blizzard's official answer. Only other thing that needs to be said has also been said in this thread; You can only get Heirloom weapons from Flex, Normal and Heroic.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-03-28 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Or people not realizing they're in the wrong loot specialization. For example; my Warrior changes to Protection when we do Paragons in hopes of getting a heroic warforged 1h or heroic tier pants (assuming I can get the trash gloves to ever drop) as both would be a direct upgrade to what I'm currently using for my Fury set.
    it was a lock getting a sword

Unfortunately normal/heroic share the same loot memory. If you've already gotten your guaranteed spec-based heirloom from Garrosh on normal, you can get anything random from your first heroic heirloom.

See our Garrosh kill video for proof (link): a warlock (Dpsonroids) received a strength sword (Hellscream's Doomblade).
    Pretty sure this was a bug and an exception instead of the rule.

Was he using the glyph that lets the pet display it? I wonder if it could have actually been a bug with that.