10+ Year Old Account

multi strike for blood

Could this become one of the best stats for blood dk's? With a high chance of double death strike? Or would it be too unpredictable?

Thoughts?

It really depends on how/if they let it proc the heal/shield. If it can proc both, it could be really strong, if they decide that would be OP they will do something different and we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Could this become one of the best stats for blood dk's? With a high chance of double death strike? Or would it be too unpredictable?
    If that is how it works out, it is much more likely the new avoidance -- stack it for some defensive value and some DPS value. You might see more hurt out of, eg, crit, but you see less defensive value there. Heck, in this case I would pretty much exactly compare it to parry/riposte, since it gives unpredictable damage reduction.

That said, today the FPP suggested that current developer thinking is some sort of SoB or Crimson Scourge type effect for it, so I suspect they don't want to make it the direct replacement for parry/riposte. Not that I blame them, honestly, since that feels pretty band-aide-y.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    It really depends on how/if they let it proc the heal/shield. If it can proc both, it could be really strong, if they decide that would be OP they will do something different and we'll have to wait and see.
    Because if there's one part of mitigation that I thoroughly enjoy, it's a random chance to be of random value.

Probability of 1 MS-DS = MS% - 0.5 * (MS%)^2
    Probability of 2 MS-DS = 0.25 * (MS%)^2

E.g. 60% MS:
    1 : 42%
    2 : 9 %

Or, graphically:
    http://i.imgur.com/aQpDUQ5.jpg

Depending on the MS% levels expected, I don't think you'll be specifically shooting for MS to try and maximize 2x MS. Even at 100% MS, it's still a 25% chance for a 2x MS-DS. I wouldn't bank on that.
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2014-03-27 at 05:30 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

So I just asked Celestalon, how Multistrike appears in the combat log, if it was like current trinkets triggering "multistrike" damage or would each spell display its own multistrike damage.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...07688687591424

I also specifically asked if Multistriked Deathstrikes would trigger the healing and bubble effects twice on a multistrike:
    https://twitter.com/Kalrell/status/449670659783028736

So the result of this thread is "Nope." Death Strike Multistrikes won't trigger extra heals or absorbs.

Guess we have to wait and see in which other ways Multistrike will benefit tanking.

IIRC they said something like it would affect passives? Thus, an additional SoB stack or something?

ITT: Senseless speculating to kill time until beta
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing