What do you think the new open world features of Draenor would be like?

Well we know that they have said we will have some new experiences at the open world of Draenor
    And we also know that they have banned flying for 'some' reason
    And I(and quite a few people) think these two are obviously related to one another

What I'm speculating is that they are trying to adopt other mmos' open world content ideas which actually 'do' have many good contents.
    But, thx to flying, they were having a hard time implanting it because other mmos do not have flying, and many of their contents would be useless if you can just fly over it
    So instead of not implanting these features, or trying to somehow harmonize these contents with flying, they simply banned flying because obviously that's the 'simple' way of solving that problem
    Otherwise all these mess with no-flying thing would basically make no sense at all. Just banning flying without any reason will accomplish nothing save for subscription drop(I don't think the numbers would be big, but it will drop for sure). It would be logical to think that they are planning on quite a change to make their precious world of Draenor into real SAVAGE and DANGEROUS place

But I'm uncertain about what kind of changes they would make though. It will certainly include something like TI, but what else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge monsters and creatures, lots and lots. Big Gronn, Earth giants, Plants. Elites that you HAVE to kill or interact with to reach a trasure or ''special event''. Etc.

Basicly make the world dangerous and savage.I Don't ask for anything more.

I'm curious as well. They plan for us to be out in the world obviously, or else getting rid of flying would be pointless. But without dailies, I'm interested in how they plan to go about accomplishing this. I know they have said several times that they plan for it to be a lot like TI but I'm not entirely sure what that even means. Are we going to be grinding mobs for rep to buy things? Are we going to be fighting our way through elites to get epics from chests? And how are they going to make the zones interesting at level 100 while still doable in the 90's. I imagine TI on a level 85 wouldn't be so fun.. phasing perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I'm curious as well. They plan for us to be out in the world obviously, or else getting rid of flying would be pointless. But without dailies, I'm interested in how they plan to go about accomplishing this. I know they have said several times that they plan for it to be a lot like TI but I'm not entirely sure what that even means. Are we going to be grinding mobs for rep to buy things? Are we going to be fighting our way through elites to get epics from chests? And how are they going to make the zones interesting at level 100 while still doable in the 90's. I imagine TI on a level 85 wouldn't be so fun.. phasing perhaps?
    Hmm..... I think there will be dailies, but it will be like Cataclysm I suppose

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it's worth all the drama and arguments it's started up over the choice for no flying until 6.1 and possibly later. But considering they want it to be like Timeless Isle, I'm not holding my breath. I would love for beta to prove me wrong, but who knows how long we have to wait for that.

I just don't want a timeless isle clone. TI was a very good idea but I want it to feel different to that.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerChinchilla View Post
    I just don't want a timeless isle clone. TI was a very good idea but I want it to feel different to that.
    Same, it would be a MAJOR disappointment if it is just TI v2

Deleted
    The idea behind TI was good, but the fact that it lacked new content (not really any new models or any real story) and ended up being an endless grind is not much fun. I am still camping some rares for the ''Going To Need A Bigger Bag'' achievement.

I hope they create events like the Battle for the Barnacle (on TI), but make it more interactive, less predictable and preferably visible on the map. Imagine: You can see on the map if an event is active. In my opinion this would be a big improvement for WoW. We know they have the tech for it, so why not use it?

Rare mobs spawning in set locations in the zones, that's probably it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not quite sure what TI did that was all that innovative for the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerChinchilla View Post
    Operative word being "idea" here. Implementation of said idea was a total failure. Using recycled props from Jade Forest to boot.
    Timeless Isle becomes so boring after the first visit, it makes you want to slash your wrists. The retarded Shaohao rep grind makes it even worse. This game clearly needed a classic style rep grind again. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd LOOOOOVE a new feature called Flying..
    Basically, it means that we are not forced to stay on the ground, but can move vertical too.

However, I think it's too hard for Blizzard's devs to implement, so we'll probably not see it for launch..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I will look and feel like MoP, but without all the Asian themed crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Basically, it means that we are not forced to stay on the ground, but can move vertical too.

However, I think it's too hard for Blizzard's devs to implement, so we'll probably not see it for launch..
    ^5 and amen to that buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    I would bet it's going to be soloable/one-shotable nonsense, like it has been for the last three years.

The Son's of Arugal weep.

Hopefully it won't come down to half the server sitting at the end of the bridge every 30-45 minutes waiting for a rare to respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post