Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot about newgrounds, man I use to go on that so much. Even for the little animated series people would make. Damn have not been on there in yearsss.
    Good old days of the internets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot about newgrounds, man I use to go on that so much. Even for the little animated series people would make. Damn have not been on there in yearsss.
    NewGrounds was good for All Your Base Are Belong to Us.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Tech: Razor phones, iPhones, iPod nano, net books
    Fashion: collar shirts for girls, pink polos for guys, capris, Bermuda shorts, hoodies, oversized glasses, pajama pants, side bangs
    Other: Starbucks, Jamba Juice, MySpace, Facebook,
    X

dude, the only things i remember about highschool are the girls i DIDN'T sleep with

you want honest advice? nail them all
    because you will regret it if you dont

on second thought, dont nail the dirty ones...they might have diseases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    dude, the only things i remember about highschool are the girls i DIDN'T sleep with

you want honest advice? nail them all
    because you will regret it if you dont

I feel like you are kind of a bad person somehow ¬_¬

I don't really remember much about highschool, what age is that anyway? Like 14-18? I guess really bad eyeliner, my chemical romance and that sort of thing were the in thing when I was that age I guess. For me, WoW had just come out when I was 14 I think so that was just my life. I remember getting a boy in my class to bring me homemade food in for lunch for like a week for 25 gold per day. Good times.

Lets see, 95-99 in the USA

Grunge was a big deal in my high school. A lot of dirty kids wearing flannel and dirty leather jackets.

The music that reminds me most of high school...White Zombie, Six Pence None the Richer, Cher, Bush, Green day, Foo Fighters, Blues Travelers, GooGoo Dolls, Blink 182. lol ok those are just some of the things off the top of my head...in a very interesting order.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Year- 1985

I envy you so much. Almost everyday I wish I were born earlier as far as the 70's so I could experience the awesome 80's and 90's. Instead I was born in 1991 and hardly got a chance to enjoy the 90s.

2005-2009
    I lived in an area where rap and hip hop basically covered everything from music to fashion. Every once in a while there would be a different popular hip hop song amongst the kids and you would hear it every single fucking day for like at least a month and as someone who hated rap and hip hop (still do) it was so fucking annoying. As for the popular style of clothes, ghetto clothing. Baggy pants, wearing them below your ass so your underwear would show, wearing some random ghetto shirt with some "gangsta" design or whatever on it, and wearing those flat billed hats tilted as if they're about to fall off your head. The lingo there was basically shit like nigga, wilin' (or however you spell that, sounds like wylin' or wallin'), conceded, ignant (the ghetto gangstas liked to use big words that they just learned about when fighting with someone to make themselves look smart which they weren't), and just all your basic ghetto language.

High School wasn't very enjoyable except for my Computer Maintenance class I took up at my tech school because it was fun and my classmates were cool. Some of them became the friends that I hang out with today.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-03-28 at 04:39 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    skinny jeans and hipster hair
    Is it hipster when it's fashion?

2009-2013

Lots of Converse and jeans tucked in high sneakers.

Lots of Dance music.

10+ Year Old Account
    96-00
    Central NJ, USA
    You could typically find me in Adias snap pants and other jock type clothing.
    Didn't personally follow any type of music in my younger years.
    Don't really remember any specific lingo from the 90s.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Graduated high school back in '97... (Well I feel old now.) The only main thing I really remember, prob because it was a bit annoying, was those damn wide leg jeans on boys...that kept getting wider and wider. That started up in the end portion of my high school years. I don't think they quite reached their maximum wideness while I was still there, but I think that trend stuck around a while. Grew to the point they may as well have been walking around in long skirts because there wasn't much difference at that point.

Some youngerish ones in the U.S. here may remember that nonsense if they started high school before that trend faded. If you wore them, well... you have my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    The likely irony is strong here...

Edit: Middle school, early 90s... those darn spots team Starter Jackets everyone had to have for some reason.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-03-28 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Graduated high school back in '97... (Well I feel old now.) The only main thing I really remember, prob because it was a bit annoying, was those damn wide leg jeans on boys...that kept getting wider and wider. That started up in the end portion of my high school years. I don't think they quite reached their maximum wideness while I was still there, but I think that trend stuck around a while. Grew to the point they may as well have been walking around in long skirts because there wasn't much difference at that point.

Some youngerish ones in the U.S. here may remember that nonsense if they started high school before that trend faded. If you wore them, well... you have my sympathy.

The likely irony is strong here...
    Yeah I remember those. Also came with lots of chains and random zippers, right?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

grunge, flannel, techno

look out the years yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    For me, WoW had just come out when I was 14 I think so that was just my life. I remember getting a boy in my class to bring me homemade food in for lunch for like a week for 25 gold per day. Good times.
    What a deal. That's pretty funny actually.

Also my high school was a mash up of like everything, there was no clear cuts on anything, but I did only graduate in 2010, so meh.

2013-2014 Texas, US I'm a freshman
    Girls:yoga pants skinny jeans hoodie
    Guys: hoodies basketball shorts with Nike shoes and elite socks . And Levi jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

1992-1996. Alternative and grunge, early sample-crazy electronica, MTV as your only source of music videos; Converse All-Stars, T-shirts (with flannel for the burnouts), cargo pants on girls, unfaded jeans on guys, unisex necklaces, longish hair on everybody; Aeon Flux; being in marching band; then-still-retro Star Wars; Bill Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Year ( if you feel comfortable ) - Graduated 2008
    Country ( same as above) - Canada
    Fashion - "Scene / Emo clothes", band shirts and black - Same as OP
    Music - Fall Out Boy, Underoath, Alexisonfire
    Lingo - Nomnomnom, You mad bro?

I guess I went to the same highscool as OP haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Yeah I remember those. Also came with lots of chains and random zippers, right?
    Yeah, I remember them being a little more basic, though I think as it grew more was added over time.

At an age group everyone wants to be taller someone got kids into a fad that made them look like they're shrinking... lol

Year 2006-2009
    Country USA (Utah)

Fashion - There wasn't a vast difference in what people wore at my school. A majority of people wore like abercrombie and hollister. The next most was 'cowboys', they wore cowboy boots and comouflage all the time. Then there were skaters (which was a minority) and metalheads/emo kids (very few). I hung out with pretty much everyone, but cowboys. I was somewhere between skater and metal kid. I wore a lot of black and had long hair, but I wasn't emo lol.
    Also for some weird reason it was cool to play WoW at my school, our whole football and lacrosse team played. I used to play with the lacrosse team a lot (I was on the lacrosse team too).

Music - Pop and stuff like fall out boy and all time low also a lot of country. Also a lot of stuff like The Devil Wears Prada and other warped tour bands. Mostly skaters and emo kids listened to this.

Lingo - I just remember people started using the word sick a lot.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-03-28 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Yeah, I remember them being a little more basic, though I think as it grew more was added over time.

At an age group everyone wants to be taller someone got kids into a fad that made them look like they're shrinking... lol
    Oh god I remember these. This was also a thing I kept seeing while in high school. It was usually just the goths that wore these and they would have like a whole bunch of random chains, pointless zippers and all sorts of other bells and whistles. Was really stupid and they looked stupid in them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe