Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Year: 2001-2005
    Fashion: Trench coats, Wide bottomed black pants (usually with straps), wallet chains, metal band t-shirts. Don't think any of those were "hip", but that's what the crowed I hung out with wore (me being the one in a trench coat).
    Music: Linkin Park, Godsmack, Lacuna Coil, System of a Down, Rage against the Machine, and Dream Theater.

Don't think there was anything particularly special about the lingo, except the usual Massachusetts: Wicked awesome, and "sick" being cool.

Don't forget about "kid". I guess not a lot of people from other places say that, people didn't know why I was always calling them kid in vent when I first started playing WoW, lol. "Sup kid" "Night kid" "wtf, kid". I still say them all the time but I've cut down xD
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I have no idea what was supposed to be popular, I don't think anything was really... People wore whatever clothes they wanted and listened to whatever music they wanted. I don't remember anyone ever caring about any of it.

I think that mostly had to do with our school system in The Netherlands. After primary school children can go on to 3 "levels" of schools based largely on test scores. I did the highest level. As a result we had no dominant groups, no popular kids to tell us what we were supposed to wear and no jocks beating us up in gym. Also the worst insult we used in class was calling people "farmers". I had an especially pleasant class, and I don't remember anyone actually caring what other people wore (well, except the girl who showed up in a top that was so small you could look in from above and below, that was much discussed)
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    2002-2006.
    Holland.

Jumpstyle
    Melbourne shuffle
    Energydrinks
    Frikandelbroodjes
    Mobile phones
    Ralph Lauren, G-sus, G-star, Replay, Levi's, Tommy Hilfiger, basicly any clothing piece costing more than 50 bucks a pop.

Oh, Björn Börg boxers. Especially in the summer, with wearing the bjorn borg logo above your swimmingpants.
    Like this:
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-03-29 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    :/ I went to fill it out. Then I realised I didn't give a shit about that crap then so never remembered what people dressed/acted like because I didn't pay them any attention. Was in the early 2000s. Either that or I just have a terrible memory.

I have never understood what is the point in dressing up outside of jeans and a shirt or a suit. Everything else seems rather pointless.
    Aye mate

From The Netherlands:
    Marbles, rollerskates, pokemon cards (and throwing them as close to the wall as possible, as a 'duel', and whoever got closest won the other card), football, street hockey, baseball, and lots of other silly things. Like Scoubidou ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Best band ever, can't believe they didn't get the votes for Rock and roll hall of fame.
    no shit!? that's mind blowing. they're so good and have influenced a lot of people.

Year: early 90s
    Fashion: goth, grunge, african chic, the bigger a girls hair was the more popular she thought she was, ball caps to the back, and you're welcome for pants hanging down below a guys junk.
    Music: industrial, metal, punk, the golden age of rap, trance/house, country(for some)
    Last edited by Monoxyde; 2014-03-29 at 11:37 AM.

Year ( if you feel comfortable ) - graduated 1993
    Country ( same as above) US
    Fashion - oh god dont laugh =P but I was fairly fashionable here.. reebox or LA gear shoes, folded or pinned pant legs and 1-3 pairs of these big colorful socks but mind you this was working outside clothes so not the best representation.

Music - light rap/pop like en vogue and sir mix a lot(yes the ever famous baby got back =P).. metal like nirvana and guns n roses
    Lingo - cool, awesome.. nothing really stands out to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Year: 2001
    Fashion: Whatever, me rocking sweatshirts from my dads company (from 5 year in school to this day) and jeans. also steel toe working shoes since 7th year to this day... some odd ones went with skater style pants and we used to call them lead shitters.
    Music: Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, Helloween etc in my friends group.

PS this was in a machinery heavy highshool, and yeah i skipped last year of it and started working instead.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

No idea, don't think anything was. Maybe pokemon cards, or some other fad.

Basicly toys. When WoW released I lost all sence off belonging inn my 1st school, and just stayed with a few friends, who luckly got me into wow and we still play together - Atleast they play Diablo now. Before then I was playing Pokemon, or Diablo2 or other PC games.

Nerd all the way, and still a nerd...gaming nerd ehm...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Funnily enough, that fashion evolved to Phats. Very popular with ravers/Melbourne Shufflers.
    Good god, the cyber kids. I think it might be the worst type of trend that ever existed. Raves has always been good fun though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Years: '96-02
    Fashion: those fucking awful "skousers" (trousers with a skirt attatched), tracksuit bottoms which had pop buttons down the outside, Kickers shoes, Sweater Shop jumpers & baggy jeans. (skousers & kickers were acceptable uniform oddly enough)
    Music: Boy/Girl band crap, nu-metal & pop punk
    Lingo: for some strange reason everyone was referred to as "betty" & other than that just standard west coast of Scotland stuff!

Yep, I may be old, but I got out before schoolies started properly dressing as prostitutes!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Years: '09-'13
    Fashion: All-Stars, hoodies (SO MANY HOODIES), jeans with holes in them (you could even BUY jeans with holes in them). Button-down shirts were popular with ladies.
    Music: Lots of pop and hip-hop. During my upper-classman years, dubstep became pretty popular as well.
    Lingo: "I CAN'T," "swerve," I'll add more when I can remember.