Question Brewmaster Challenge Mode questions

Hello,
    I've just started working on challenge modes with some friends, with the intent to eventually sell runs, and my dps is very low. I know that I am not getting/abusing vengeance properly, do you have any pointers? Maybe an example of what you would do on a big challenge mode pull? My talents are momentum, chi wave, chi brew, leg sweep, diffuse magic and RJW. I switch out leg sweep with ring of peace for mobs that can be disarmed / lots of casters, and I picked up chi brew instead of ascension so I could get my defenses up faster and safer.

I have tmw's to keep track of my cds, buffs etc. so there is no issue there. When is the right time to kite trash instead of tanking for more damage, just when your cds are out or is that for specific packs of trash? Thank you for your help! Also, I'm running with a disc priest / ele shaman / surv hunter / frost mage so we're a pretty ideal group.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tsunda/simple
    Last edited by Grinthe; 2014-03-27 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added my armory link

If you're going for efficiency, there's never a right time to kite trash, you always want to be damaging them, and if you pulled three or four packs at once, simply call out cd rotations to use on you or the mobs to keep your damage intake reasonable.

The trick to doing more damage is the same as dps classes, even a bit simpler as a brewmaster because we don't have procs to watch out for - simply press the highest damaging button available at any given time, while making sure you don't die. Keg Smash > RJW > BoF > other stuff. There's no real vengeance abuse in 5man dungeons - no significant fire to stand in, or 1-shot abilities to zen med, etc. Your vengeance simply goes up the more stuff you pull. Just pull more stuff until your survival is stressed, then stop there and aoe, repeat.

Also, temper your expectations. In a challenge mode with only a few aoe pulls, like shado-pan maybe, expect to do only about 50% more dps than your average dps, but do insist on doing double the dps' damage in dungeons with a lot of aoe.

Thank you for your reply! Sounds like above all I just need to dial back the suck and start hitting my buttons properly, duly noted!

Deleted
    You need to kite when you can't tank it i.e when there are no cooldowns up for you or you will need them soon for another occasion.

You can abuse Vengeance pretty hard,especially as a BrM. With a Disc Priest it get even worse as you can pull a lot with Fortifying Brew+ Pain Sup + Bubble.
    A good example for that would be Scarlet Monastery where you can pull the whole room at the last boss.

You definetly need the 15% exp cap and I'd strongly recommend to optimize your gear a little more (there is a BiS list here on mmo-c)

As far as Talents go, I'd drop Chi-Brew for Ascension. Ring of Piece can be very useful for some pulls.
    Don't take Dampen Harm as most Bosses don't hit hard enough for it to trigger.
    I would definetly recommend droping glyph of fortifying brew as the extra hp helps a lot more.
    Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere can be useful in some cases but it's just a good glyph in general and there are no other glyphs that are really worth it.

If you want to do them really seriously or even want to go for Realm Firsts You will need to go Engineering+Leatherworking even though Engineering is way more important

What's the idea behind Leatherworking, apart from the 500 stat bracer enchant (which is a gain of 320 main stats just like every other profession)? Engineering is definitely king but for the second prof I'd say Blacksmithing for twice as much crit in gems will benefit you higher than LW.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterQT View Post
    What's the idea behind Leatherworking, apart from the 500 stat bracer enchant (which is a gain of 320 main stats just like every other profession)? Engineering is definitely king but for the second prof I'd say Blacksmithing for twice as much crit in gems will benefit you higher than LW.
    Drums of Speed

Thank you NanoXID, I didn't know about going for the 15% expertise cap in particular. The gear is a WIP, it'll get there I'll change around those glyphs too, ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Drums of Speed
    Ah, thanks a lot for the clarification. Had no idea that drums of speed are only usable by LW. Thought they work like drums of panic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterQT View Post
    Ah, thanks a lot for the clarification. Had no idea that drums of speed are only usable by LW. Thought they work like drums of panic.
    grrr.. knew I knew your name from somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoe View Post
    grrr.. knew I knew your name from somewhere...
    LOL! you're haunting me in my sleep now