Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is PVP at its worst in Wow history?

Out of boredom I have been doing some arena these last few weeks and after most games I'm just laughing how ridiculous -everything- is. Some classes are completely out of whack (hunters), damage is out of control on anything. CC is absurd. Your hp drops regularly in a blink of an eye.

Does Blizzard simply not care anymore? Whoever is in charge of pvp should be ashamed.

Quite the opposite. Every single class in the game has at least one viable spec for arena (some even have 2/3). That indicates greater balance than ever before. That being said, the amount of CC in the game right now is incredibly frustrating and could use some pruning.

Deleted
    Yeah, cc is pretty absurd, but every one has it. That being said, you're a Warrior and saying things are ridiculous, wait wha-wha-whaaat?

compared to s4, you have control of your character 88% as much

that's what's funny. the more they give everyone, the less you get a chance to do lol

it's not overall bad, but CC just got way out of hand like everyone told them it would 3 years ago when they didn't listen.

Well, that depends.

1. Did you play Warrior/Druid in S1, S2 or S3? Then the answer is "yes".
    2. Did you play anything other than Warrior/Druid in S1, S2 or S3? Then the answer is a resounding "no".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its better then two seasons ago, and most of cata. But then I was a warrior in Cata, so Im pretty biased against it what with the whole half of season of OP, then 2 seasons of being complete garbage.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Things are bad, dunno about worst ever.... but all the guys who do pvp balancing are working on Draenor, they don't care about this last tagged-on season, it didnt even have new set imagery. I am looking forward to the WoD changes though, I still have faith!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Things are bad, dunno about worst ever.... but all the guys who do pvp balancing are working on Draenor, they don't care about this last tagged-on season, it didnt even have new set imagery. I am looking forward to the WoD changes though, I still have faith!
    I would love for them to just put it live right now. Fuck the season, fuck it all. Just put it live. I will pay to play that beta for 6 months!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst in WoW history? No.

Having one or two specs or classes that are out of control are not remotely close to "out of balance." Try in the beginning of BC, or in Vanilla if you want the "most class imbalance." And then through WotLK and Cata.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst in WoW's history? Not a chance. There have been many unbalanced things in the history of WoW... for example MoP stampede bug where it would one shot anything for an entire season.

You're a warrior, lol, what the hell are you Complaining about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata wasn't that bad. Warriors were pretty OP though, but I mean, what else is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    You're a warrior, lol, what the hell are you Complaining about?
    Being a warrior doesn't mean you can't complain about the overall state of pvp. And warriors are notorious for getting nerfed to dog shit and then overbuffed over and over again. They're in a good place now after the nerfs already. No double interrupt and no double reflect now unless you don't want to break out of snares. But if you don't play the class, you'll never know how awesome it was to be complete shit for an entire xpac...and whole patches...over...and over...and over.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Can't be as bad as when every warrior had a Stormhearald and Rogues pummeled people to death as Combat Mace spec. Just thinking about those days stuns me.

Pretty sure he's talking about the metagame and not just how many specs are viable. I don't even have my prideful weapon but I'm able to do 40% of a warriors health in one global with a aimed + chimera combo. Ele's can global people with rng. Pretty much everything that isn't a dot spec can near global someone. Then you have comps like LSD which are complete scum and pillarhump until dampening kicks in and the ele can 1 shot someone. It's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Can't be as bad as when every warrior had a Stormhearald and Rogues pummeled people to death as Combat Mace spec. Just thinking about those days stuns me.
    Lol and Shadow Priest Blackout. The good old days.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    It's not.

This expasion had the most balanced seasons in the games history.
    Prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    It's not.

This expasion had the most balanced seasons in the games history.
    Prove me wrong
    if only the game wasn't a shit storm of CC and 1 shot macros, i'd agree with you. the reality of the situation is pvp is actually the worst it's ever been regardless of the increase in viable specs. wow sub has went bye bye months ago, just waiting on WoD.

Deleted
    WoW PVP is a paradox and always has been. It's always at its worst and at the same time it's as good as it ever was.

I'm not even joking, blizzard are wizards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most painful season was orange dagger and vail rogues. And orange staff aoe shadow bolt trinket casters. It hurt
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done