How do I figure out what's taking up so much space on my SSD?

I can't figure this one out. My windows folder is 28gb, there's 1 game on it taking up 31gb, and out of 111gb I only have 19.3gb free. When I go through all the properties of the folders I can only get everything to add up to 65.3gb, so where's all this lost space at?

I've also cleared out all my downloads, my browsing history, etc, and I did a disk clean and deleted everything.

WinDirStat is what I use! Fully free and legal too

Sadly it's just showing me what I already know. Something I can't find is taking up a lot of space.

It doesn't add up to 98.6gb. There's 38gb missing...There's no hidden folders that I saw.

I know it wasn't always like this. I use to be able to have 2 games with enough space to not have to worry about the little things adding up, but as it is now there's only space for 1 game.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2014-03-28 at 01:06 AM.

That list only shows folders and sizes. My guess would be some system file in your root C:\ taking up the space. Hibernation file more than likely.

Control Panel > Folder Options > View

Uncheck hide protected operating system files
    Select hidden files, folder, and drives.

Open up Windows Explorer and go to the root C:
    Set the display to "details" and sort by "Size" descending

You should see a pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys

If it is neither of those, Google how to truncate your Windows Search Index.

Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
    That list only shows folders and sizes. My guess would be some system file in your root C:\ taking up the space. Hibernation file more than likely.

Control Panel > Folder Options > View

Uncheck hide protected operating system files
    Select hidden files, folder, and drives.

Open up Windows Explorer and go to the root C:
    Set the display to "details" and sort by "Size" descending

You should see a pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys

If it is neither of those, Google how to truncate your Windows Search Index.
    hiberfil.sys is 12.5gb, and pagefile.sys is 16.6gb

so can I just delete those?

Two things.

1) Disable hibernate. It is under power options if I remember right.

2) Reduce the size of your page file. I don't really remember where this is, though.

Put pagefile on another drive if you have one. You can also disable indexing if you aren't searching for emails and files constantly.

Woo, that's better. Pagefile is only 2gb now. Hiberfil is gone too, and there's 45gb free'd up now. Thanks all. I'm pretty sure I did all this once but completely forgot about it all when I rebuilt my computer.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2014-03-28 at 04:21 AM.

Yeah I'd lay money it's your page file.

That or uninstall some games :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I see you've already found your major culprit but I like to use Sequoia View anytime there seems to be large amounts of space gone on my computer.