Deleted

Need some advice on what to do next (Crusader)

Hey all,

I've recently came back to Diablo 3 (Played first few weeks of release) and made a crusader once the expansion hit.

My profile:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/38843006

Now, I'm curious how the hell I'm seeing people run around with 500k-1m damage on their sheets. I can't seem to find gear that would boost me that much.

So, my question is, is all that damage they have from paragon levels? Or something else? Also, what should I aim for doing next to boost my dps? Doin lower then torment adventure modes and hope for legendaries?

Thanks in advance!

Rag

High sheet dps is 90% based on crit chance and crit damage. I have around 50% chance and 300% damage and i have about 500k sheet damage. Make sure you have a green gem in your weapon, crit chance and damage everywhere you can. Damage rolls on gloves, amulet and rings, while chance rolls on helm, shield, gloves, bracers, amulet and rings.

Also look for items with elemental damage bonus. It wont show up on sheet stats but it adds huge damage. For example I use mostly lightning skills, and with my gear I have +50% lightning damage so my 500k sheet damage is more like 750k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have well over 500k sheet dps on my Crusader as well, and as Archaeon says it has a lot to do with Crit and Crit Damage. Also sheet dps isn't everything, make certain you get items with bonuses to Holy Damage, and the skill you are using (Blessed Hammer in my case).

When looking for items, get Rares that have good stat distribution, like say bracers with +Lightning Damage, +Str, +Crit, +Vit. Then enchant the Lightning Damage into Holy, etc. After awhile you get a knack for finding the right rares. Do rifts, and get Blood Shards, gamble rares in slots you are lacking, and look for those rares that are near perfect and enchant them.

Get a Weapon and enchant a socket on it. Weapons to look for are those with high damage, and high strength on them. Then you usually end up enchanting the fluff stat into a socket. An Emerald gem in your weapon alone is a big DPS boost. Try to farm Torment 1 as soon as possible, even in a group if you can't really handle it alone. I've noticed the rares feel better in Torment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack Speed doesn't show up quite as well on your sheet damage as the crit%/crit dmg combo but don't neglect it as a Crusader (imo at least).

15+ Year Old Account
    To get high damage on sheet you stack the following:

Strength
    Crit %
    Crit Damage

Items that can roll crit %(only rares):
    Helm(6%)
    Amulet(10%)
    Rings(6%)
    Shields(10%)
    Gloves(10%)
    Bracers(6%)

Items that can roll Crit Damage:
    Amulet(100%)
    Rings(50%)
    Gloves(50%)
    Weapon socket(130%)

If you want higher real Damage you also need +elemental dmg of your choice. Items that can roll elemental damage:
    Bracers(15% for rares, 20% for legendaries)
    Amulets(15% for rares, 20% for legendaries)

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    To get high damage on sheet you stack the following:

Strength
    Crit %
    Crit Damage

Items that can roll crit %(only rares):
    Helm(6%)
    Amulet(10%)
    Rings(6%)
    Shields(10%)
    Gloves(10%)
    Bracers(6%)

Items that can roll Crit Damage:
    Amulet(100%)
    Rings(50%)
    Gloves(50%)
    Weapon socket(130%)

If you want higher real Damage you also need +elemental dmg of your choice. Items that can roll elemental damage:
    Bracers(15% for rares, 20% for legendaries)
    Amulets(15% for rares, 20% for legendaries)
    Don't forget Mage fist can roll an +elemental affix ( though I have only seen fire thus far)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Don't forget Mage fist can roll an +elemental affix ( though I have only seen fire thus far)
    Ye. I was mentioning rares mostly. And no rare fist rolls elemental dmg. If you want to list legendaries that can roll crit dmg, crit%, elemental dmg and so forth you are all over the place