Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Siege temple. hate the 2nd boss, all else is okay for me - also don't like 1st boss in that place on 2nd thought..as a lot of people clear it too slow as they can't keep the buff going from blob buff

That's the most awesome wedding I have ever seen. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    World of Warcraft themed wedding? That's extremely tacky
    I think it's pretty cool. I'v ebeen to about 10 weddings in the last 3 years because i'm at that age where all my friends/cousins/siblings are getting married. All of them were the exact same damn thing. Very formal, Church etc. Would have loved to attend something that at least changed it up. I tell you, I am not sitting in another church for an hour going from standing to sitting to kneeling 100 times within that hour and listening to some guy read from the bible the whole time. Thankfully it looks like there won't be another wedding that i'll have to attend for at least a few years

Luckiest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I love the fact that people go mad about "rehashed content" when an old and awesome dungeon comes up to date, but then in the poll those dungeons are among the favorite dungeons (since is in the bottom of blacklisted dungeons). Me personally I love the vanilla and some of the Lich King dungeons, not because of mechanics but because of the settings, lore and the atmosphere . I am looking forward for the new BRD in WoD.

Most of all, I hope one day Blizzard will make all content scalable like GW2. Wow has a 10 years of content and we only play the last month addition everything below the last patch is inefficient/outdated content. That is a shame. Imagine you can go in any place in wow, in every dungeon/raid and be rewarded for your level... no more grey quests, no more outdated zones, just pick the zone that you like to go in the current moment and go play there!
    Just because people aren't voting for them doesn't mean they're liked. I hate that they keep pulling this lazy shit of remaking old dungeons instead of making new ones. But I voted for the one that was the longest and the most pain in the ass. The Scarlet ones are quick, doesn't change the fact that they're rehashed.

I'd blacklist them all.

I personally did not like any of the mists of pandaria dungeons.

Guys, I did some really different suggestions on PvP (I don't think I saw anything related to this) on that topic.

IF you guys can look and like the ideas (even it has flaws that would likely need a better apporach), if you could thumbs-up it I would really appreciate it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...665?page=9#178

I'm just trying to make the Dev's see my ideas, it may really improve our game quality on the PvP side.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd blacklist the one that I just got 3 times in a row, and un blacklist when I'm ready to do it again.

I can't believe someone made a replica of my all time favourite wow weapon - the Azuresong Mageblade!

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    2nd and 3rd boss have mechanics that make the fight go faster.

2nd boss: make the boss stand in the pool, he gets a stacking debuff that makes him take more damage.

3rd boss: more bombs = boss dies faster. Some people elect to pull the boss with the trash and kill the trash with the bombs.
    Exactly, the results of this poll show EXACTLY why players hated Cata heroics. The two dungeons that are ´winning´ all have bosses that require the DPS to do something other than tunnel dps the boss.

oh wait.. I have to drop these bombs on the steps? Oh wait, I was supposed to pick up the landmines and throw them on the shielded boss.

These two dungeons have the exact same problem as Cata heroics.. they become slow and annoying because 99% of the time, 2 of your dps are tunneling a boss that is immune and not doing the mechanisms that are required. As a tank, I can´t tell you how many times I did Seige where myself and the healer were the only two dropping the bombs on the stairs, while the dps were, well, dpsing the mobs running up the stairs one at a time. Or how many times I watched a hunter/pet stay tunneled on the 3rd boss who was immune, or had dps running around killing the adds and ignore the mines. Both the 2nd and 3rd boss are VERY fast if all the players do the right mechanisms.

The devs need to learn that the most they can do with bosses is add aoe avoidable damage and adds. Any type of clicking mechanisms or doing anything unique to an encounter like the evolution beams in Cata do not work with DPS. If there is a unique mechanisms, it needs to be able to be completed by one player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post

It's because the 2nd boss is the most boring and tedious thing ever. At least the RP event in Shado-Pan can be sped up by killing stuff faster, and you can even skip the 2nd boss's specials by zerging him fast enough. In Siege you are forced to sit there while the mantid slowly walk up the stairs. Melee can just go AFK.
    I love when someone proves my point... read your last sentence again... this is the reason why people hated Cat dungeons and these two MoP dungeons... because even a year later, DPS do not know the mechanisms.

hint.. all 5 people should be dropping sap.. nobody should be ´dpsing´ not ranged nor melee. if all 5 people are dropping sap, the platform is covered and stuff dies ultra fast. But again, like you stated.. instead we have afk melee and ranged who are dpsing the mobs one at a time.... and it takes forever.

Definitely block Seige and Gate, because good god I'd like to see a different random dungeon for once!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually dislike the 5 man dungeons with gimmicky vehicles, objects, and events. I know they're trying to do something different, but the mechanics usually end up being awkward and when you do them more than once it gets tedious. I prefer the classic dungeons where you just go in and kill stuff with your abilities (without the getting lost part).

Less than 2 years will be divorced

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the groom and WoW chest he made for the wedding was amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    if all 5 people are dropping sap, the platform is covered and stuff dies ultra fast. But again, like you stated.. instead we have afk melee and ranged who are dpsing the mobs one at a time.... and it takes forever.
    It still takes longer than it should because you can only kill the mobs as fast as they come in.

Cast your mind back to Zul Farrak's similar boss; standing atop the pyramid, a crowd of adds spawns. Only instead of waiting for each mob, if your tank and healer (and dps) were good, you could pull as many additional mobs as you wanted and make the encounter much faster. With this, all the mobs are non-interactive until they "activate", so even if you're a full 580 group, you can still only kill the mobs as fast as they join the fight.

Scripting in dungeons need to be something you can toggle at the start of the instance, or make it normal mode only or something. After your 100th time running an instance, listening to a 25 second speech is kind of wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    It still takes longer than it should because you can only kill the mobs as fast as they come in.

Cast your mind back to Zul Farrak's similar boss; standing atop the pyramid, a crowd of adds spawns. Only instead of waiting for each mob, if your tank and healer (and dps) were good, you could pull as many additional mobs as you wanted and make the encounter much faster. With this, all the mobs are non-interactive until they "activate", so even if you're a full 580 group, you can still only kill the mobs as fast as they join the fight.

Scripting in dungeons need to be something you can toggle at the start of the instance, or make it normal mode only or something. After your 100th time running an instance, listening to a 25 second speech is kind of wearing.
    If you do that part of the encounter right and have the lower ramp covered with sap and hit the ones who are supposed to explode, it goes very fast because the packs are dying and the next wave comes.. It is the same way with the third boss, if everyone does the landmines, then the boss only has the shield up for a couple seconds.

The problem with that encounter is what I quoted above, the guy that thinks melee can AFK. When that happens, the waves are taking maximum time because they are getting all the way to the top platform where players kill them manually and then the next wave spawns in. You are literally adding 30-45 seconds on each wave by doing it like that. If you stack the sap at the far right part of the lower ramp, they die immediately.

But then I just disagree with the scripted parts. Sure, something like MT can be a pain when it is just an unattackable boss giving a speech, and I think the devs got away from that.. but as far as scripted encounters? they add something unique to the dungeon.. But I think it is silly that people are voting down a dungeon as taking too long, and then posting proof that they are ignoring mechanisms which make the dungeon shorter. Siege is getting the most votes because it has 2 such encounters. ´omg, the third boss takes so long, and I feel like I do nothing but kill waves of very easy adds that the tank could solo himself.´ well yeah, because the tank should be soloing those waves and you should be throwing landmines...

It would be funny if the Horde crashed their wedding.

My main one is Gate, mainly for all of that annoying smoke. I primarily play ranged characters, including a healer, and loathe mechanics like these. I do know that I can stand in the smoke as well, but I want to be ranged dammit, that is why I play a ranged class.

The second was Brewery for the final boss. Right now a lot of dps and competency can make up for not killing adds, but that wasn't the case when fresh 90s were running the place.

Congratulations nick and jen I'm blown away at your guys'wedding pictures very unique beautiful wedding. I do not know anyone in my life that has done a wow theme for wedding. very smart both of you.
    may both of you endure through the years just as both of you are now something very old yet made anew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what the drop rate is on a pants token there...