Which Belt is better? (mastery vs haste)

Hey this is kinda of a two part question in itself. I just coined a heroic warforged Ashen Wall Girdle even though I have a heroic Demolisher's Reinforced Belt. With proper reforging and gemming the ashen wall girdle gives me 39.81% haste and 53.7% mastery while the demo belt gives 41.72% haste and 51.90% mastery. Is the mastery gain out way the haste loss? I'd also like to refer to elitestjerks article where they state that haste is king for 1 to 2 targets while mastery passes near 3ish 4. Also does mastery favor fights where there isn't much sustained dps? Sorry for the back and forth questions but any good advice is welcome.

(Im ret)
    Last edited by JaimeKingslayer; 2014-03-28 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Since haste caps at about 50%, demolisher's belt? and also, you should probable state if your prot or ret

sorry im pretty clumsy. Im ret.

Deleted
    Ashen Wall Girdle since 39.81 haste is enough for ret's cleared gcd rotation with 4p and i think you still have the added hammer while bursting

So whats the difference of the gcd 40% haste cap to the 50% hard haste cap? Also, isn't getting 50% haste unbuffed a difficult thing to do even with heroic gear?

Keep Demolisher's Reinforced Belt, if you are over the haste "cap" (which isn't a cap*) then change one of your expertise + haste gems to expertise + mastery.
    You want at least 17k haste rating because that allows you to get one more hammer of wrath off during each cycle of wings.
    * to explain the 17k haste rating:
    Haste doesn't become bad after 17k rating, the value simply falls very close to what mastery and crit is which means you can go all three ways, mastery/haste/crit (after 17k haste). The difference in the 3 ways to gear (again, after AT LEAST 17k haste rating) is minimal but they have their strong points, Haste is very slightly better for single target and Mastery is very slightly better for AoE (which is 80% of SoO) ...crit is crit, if you like it you like it. Crit isn't "bad" but rng is rng.

Now the "why" haste drops in value is due to the T16 (SoO) 4set bonus.
    As a ret your goal is to use as many mastery triggering attacks as possible: Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Templar's Verdict, Divine Storm and Hammer of Wrath.
    Now with the T16 (SoO) 4set you gain another way to use a mastery attack which means Mastery gets a higher value than it had without 4set, the 4set also allows you to use 1 less Judgement/Exorcism (non mastery triggering attacks) which is a big dps increase.
    There's rets in top guilds who's gone to 50% haste with 4set and done well with it, same with mastery and same with crit. The difference is almost nothing, you'll see some differences in aoe depending on your reforges but that's about it.

Link your armory or something and I'll take a look if you want.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-03-28 at 01:53 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'd go for the AWG HWF because I really don't feel that haste makes a difference when you're already around 17k. I've actually got it HWF (and heroic DRB), but I can't afford the hit by already sitting at 9%.

Deleted
    yes choosing one of those two is quite simple! it really only depends if you need hit or not, but there are plenty of hit pieces and there's also a blue socket on the hit belt

the best choice for pure stats is AWG but you'll certainly benefit more from DRB whether or not you choose to go 17k haste or more (we just don't know because we can't see your character) but huntingbear said it all

sorry just back from work. Here is the armory for my character at this moment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AEme/simple

Deleted
    keep your belt