Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I feel ubber-weak !

Hello,

Just got back from a 4 month break and currently regearing. I'm ilvl 498 right now and I feel that my damage are super super low. (assassination spec)

I often encounter people with 520k HP, often healers etc and my rupture dots are ticking to 900 - 1500 dmg, I sometime have a 15k crit with Backstab, but that's all. I get my ass raped by pretty much anyone un BG and I feel useless.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amerone/simple

What is wrong ? I will feel an huge change after changing m'y 476 weapons ? Or my spec isn't fresh enought ?
    Last edited by mmoc81accee4c8; 2014-03-28 at 12:20 PM.

considering your weapons are almost 100 ilevels behind the curve the new base resilience is really going to hurt you until you get more pvp power

There's some silly ilevel scaling going on in the game at the moment that WoD is supposed to fix. Its definitely your gear

Changing your weapons and getting rid of your 476 gear. When you do that it'll be like night and day.

I just recently went from 498 Tyrannical weapon on my warlock to 550 Prideful and my damage output is actually a threat now.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Yeah, I can guarantee you'll feel a lot more powerful after you even just get the honor gear. You could be full 522 right now, and that's a pretty massive upgrade. The weapons alone will be way more than noticeable. You're currently using weapons from about 2 seasons ago, so you'd best get with the times.

Definitely a gear issue. Rogues need at least on par gearing to feel competitive.

PS: Pro tip for gearing up times (I always do this): Stamina gems and enchants. That might sound ridiculous, but imagine yourself playing a warrior or something and you spot a player with half the HP you have. Your first instict will be 'that's a 1shot', lo and behold you get gangjumped before you know about it. Just make sure you have some decent HP until you've got higher ilvl gear, unless you want to be target #1 every single BG or Arena meanwhile. Yeah, your damage will be hurting for it, but dead players don't do damage and they're certainly not having much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    There's some silly ilevel scaling going on in the game at the moment that WoD is supposed to fix. Its definitely your gear
    The ilvl scaling isn't silly and won't be fixed in WOD. They're just going to compress the numbers back to a more readable format. If you quit during the first season in WOD and come back in the last you'll still get destroyed in WOD just as hard, same with PVE.

Spec into every CC ability possible so you're not completly useless. You'll have to bear with it untill you get some good upgrades. Try upgrading your agi trinket asap for a big jump in PvP power, aside from that upgrade your weapons ofcourse. Looks like you have 2 prideful pieces so you should get the 7250 points this season stuff and get prideful weapons soon(getting grievous untill that happens might help).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    The ilvl scaling isn't silly and won't be fixed in WOD. They're just going to compress the numbers back to a more readable format. If you quit during the first season in WOD and come back in the last you'll still get destroyed in WOD just as hard, same with PVE.
    They've already mentioned they intend to flatten the curve.

- - - Updated - - -

As said, it's gear. Until you have some Prideful and the rest Grievous, you're nothing but a flag capping CC guy. If you do BGs which I assume you will for gear, don't even bother fighting unless it's to CC a healer, just go attempt to cap somewhere else. You'll get a better win ratio that way than if you joined the front fighting force. Also take burst of speed over shadow-step unless you're playing with someone else, it'll let you kite and still be useful running around in something like Kotmogu.

Quote Originally Posted by rebjorn79 View Post
    PS: Pro tip for gearing up times (I always do this): Stamina gems and enchants. That might sound ridiculous, but imagine yourself playing a warrior or something and you spot a player with half the HP you have. Your first instict will be 'that's a 1shot', lo and behold you get gangjumped before you know about it. Just make sure you have some decent HP until you've got higher ilvl gear, unless you want to be target #1 every single BG or Arena meanwhile.
    Heh, rogues can compensate that quite nicely with stealth and personal CDs. A bit of skill can go a long way.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are pretty weak in PvP even if gear is the same. Without gear, it is worse then worse so to speak
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Assasination feels useless btw. You might want to go Sub. At least on dance + trinkets you can put some pressure. Or a regular stealth opener, to a lesser extent.

There's never enough uptime for assasination damage to matter

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    They've already mentioned they intend to flatten the curve.
    That's a misunderstanding, they are flattening the curve for 1-90, at 100 it will start to grow again (no flat curve), lvl 100 will be a lot like wotlk was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    That's a misunderstanding, they are flattening the curve for 1-90, at 100 it will start to grow again (no flat curve), lvl 100 will be a lot like wotlk was.
    A blue posted last week that not to worry that PvE gear will be as strong as PvP gear, you'll still need full PvP gear to compete at the higher levels.... which goes to say, if you show up 2-3 seasons late, you're not going to be as strong.

So yeah, a fresh 100 =/= a geared 100.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Malevolent daggers won't cut it especially if people still feel weak with Grievous ones. You need prideful weapons if you want to see a change in damage.

thanks for posting omegear

I felt completely worthless playing my rogue too so I canceled my subscription. I wonder how long it will take everyone to figure out just in what way they are going to fix the class to make the game fun again.

will it be how they think it should be or what is actually needed to fix the class to make it fun again. I have put many hours into my own thoughts to make the class balance and yet fix the rogue experience so far no one cares about my ideas so why should i care about their wallet.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regularcustomer View Post
    thanks for posting omegear

I felt completely worthless playing my rogue too so I canceled my subscription. I wonder how long it will take everyone to figure out just in what way they are going to fix the class to make the game fun again.

will it be how they think it should be or what is actually needed to fix the class to make it fun again. I have put many hours into my own thoughts to make the class balance and yet fix the rogue experience so far no one cares about my ideas so why should i care about their wallet.

Hmmm I've been playing my rogue since the release of vanilla and I still have a ton of fun on him, could be just me.

As for dps I haven't yet tried pvp this expansion, but from a pve stand point we are the top melee dps and 2nd in overal dps! Sad to see not many people play the rogue class, but it happens when changes aren't made like other classes.

PS: Bring back windfury totems for melee!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    Hmmm I've been playing my rogue since the release of vanilla and I still have a ton of fun on him, could be just me.

As for dps I haven't yet tried pvp this expansion, but from a pve stand point we are the top melee dps and 2nd in overal dps! Sad to see not many people play the rogue class, but it happens when changes aren't made like other classes.

PS: Bring back windfury totems for melee!
    PvP: (Caveat, I'm not complaining, I like my rogue in PvP... I find it fun)
    From what I've heard for a lot of players is that rogues have one of the highest skill caps to be "good." I'm by far not the best rogue player in the game, but one of the main issues I see, and read, with rogues damage wise is the amount of setup time or burst windows you have in addition, self buffs, and energy you need to make sure you're tracking. Additionally, unlike other classes, we can be CC'd during it.

Example, if I pop Shadow Dance/Shadowblades without cloak up, I can get sheep, feared, cylconed, disarmed, ect... whereas a warrior pops CDs and starts Bladestorming and he can't be CC'd. Not talking smack, it's just an example.

That said, the stuns, disorients, silence (garrote), smoke bomb, stealth, restealths make it to where I believe it's extremely hard to balance damage vs. utility.

PvE:
    Like Nightman said, rogues are doing very well in PvE as far as i can tell in every spec. Obviously some specs are better at some fights, but overall I'm pretty sure you can succeed at any spec for all of the current content.

Quote Originally Posted by rebjorn79 View Post
    Definitely a gear issue. Rogues need at least on par gearing to feel competitive.

PS: Pro tip for gearing up times (I always do this): Stamina gems and enchants. That might sound ridiculous, but imagine yourself playing a warrior or something and you spot a player with half the HP you have. Your first instict will be 'that's a 1shot', lo and behold you get gangjumped before you know about it. Just make sure you have some decent HP until you've got higher ilvl gear, unless you want to be target #1 every single BG or Arena meanwhile. Yeah, your damage will be hurting for it, but dead players don't do damage and they're certainly not having much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Heh, rogues can compensate that quite nicely with stealth and personal CDs. A bit of skill can go a long way.
    I can see the stamina helping a lot though. Its not a matter of skills to compensate for the lack of gear... Its about not becoming a high priority target because you have much lower health than what a geared player would have. Much easier in group situations for people to stomp the lesser geared people first, and then beat the better geared by out numbering them... rather than out play the better geared people while you have the lower geared people still around.

Going into BGs now (especially after the introduction of the level 90 boost), I definitely click through the list of enemy players and check their health. Anyone with less than 500k is going to get stomped pretty fast, and anyone with less than 400k is going to spend almost all their time in the graveyard.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

Rogues are very underwhelming even in prideful gear. The whole "rogues scale with gear" thing was true when our specials actually did reasonably damage and we didn't have to rely on a armor pen gimmick to do anything. That isn't to say rogues are useless; unless you're doing serious 2v2 or 3v3 rogues are perfectly fine.

Regarding gearing up, I'd just play mutilate and multidot as many people as possible whilst playing very defensively. No point playing sub until you have prideful weaps.