Thread: Peanuts movie

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Peanuts movie

THATS IT!!! more sodomy of my childhood. charles schulz is rolling in his grave I hope they are happy! cgi snoopy looks so fake. is peppermint patty even in this movie!?!? oh its filmed in 3d so they can take more of my money fml
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a complete moron

Ye, have to agree tbh. Was somewhat crestfallen after seeing the clip

It doesn't look that bad. But they'll probably aim it more for kids instead of the adults that grew up on it.

I think the animation style really fits the characters. The subtle ear wiggles of Snoopy are great, and the hand-drawn "feel" are awesome.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    It's made by BlueSky studios so it'll be a hit, and get really good reviews, but, I've always hated 99% of anything related to Charlie Brown. Something I could never get into.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno... that didn't seem too rapey. For some reason, I was expecting some sort of action sequence set to dubstep.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Snoopy the Red Baron or is he hunting the Red Baron is the important question.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Looks really good, the CGI really captures the look of the character and does a good job of simulating stop-motion animation. I do wonder if Schultz's son and grandson are actually any good at emulating his work, or if they were just taken on as writers to tie the name to the product.

No idea if it will be good or not, I guess it depends on whether we get a Peanuts movie, or a bunch of slap-stick CGI spectacles featuring the Peanuts characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

No idea if it will be good or not, I guess it depends on whether we get a Peanuts movie, or a bunch of slap-stick CGI spectacles featuring the Peanuts characters.
    I dunno how much they'll do the former. The Christian overtones of the original Peanuts probably wouldn't sit too well with some audiences.

At any rate... there have been a pretty good crop of animated movies lately. The Lego movie was a total surprise to me in how completely awesome it turned out to be.

So... we'll wait and see.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.