Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wow, I had a completely different experence.

I think alot of it is what exactly you are "majoring" in when you go to a community college. If you are looking at liberal arts or something non-technical that may be the case, but the Electronics courses I was enrolled in were extremely competitive.

I recommend CC for anyone that doesn't want to take out 50k in loans. You can get all your Generals out of the way I.E. English, maths etc etc.
    Yeah I wish I enrolled in the heating/AC classes, THAT would have taught me some great lessons and a trade to fall back on. If your college offers a trade school program, take it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did horribly the first few years due to not giving a shit, now I'm paying for it. 2 1/2 yrs at a community college has me at a 3.5 degree wise, but working multiple jobs and volunteering with full time classes... probably not a wise decision, but oh well. At least the hardest quarter is over here.

I started out at a private college back in 2000 straight out of high school, messed around for a year, didn't take it seriously, had a horrible GPA, and dropped out. Worked off and on for the next decade or so and traveled, and last spring started attending a 2/4 year public college nearby. First semester was a little rough, but I have a 3.63 right now and had all A's at midterm this semester so hoping for close to a 3.8 after this semester. I'm transferring to a 4 year school about 2 hours away with an excellent history program this fall, to do the last 3 years of a 4+1 BA/MA program.

I concur with all the gen ed haters here. I could live without my human bio lab course, and the adolescent psych class I got stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    10 classes?! How long are your semesters? o.o
    A little less than 4 months lol.