[Wizard] Pro tactix

Post some pro wizard tactics, interesting item/skill interactions and what not.

Currently, what is making a big difference is when I am using disintegrate, instead of dragging the beam through areas with no monsters, I let go and click. it looks cool and it saves a ton of ap in the end because you stop casting for even a second and let some ap regenerate at no cost to damage

Black Hole works with Mirror Images. Which means epic CC everywhere.

Use Frozen Orb. Best tactic yet :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Use Frozen Orb. Best tactic yet :P
    especially with 20% colddmg on weapon, bracers, offhand and neck + helm and boots ~11% frozen orb dmg.

100%+ frozen orb dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    especially with 20% colddmg on weapon, bracers, offhand and neck + helm and boots ~11% frozen orb dmg.

100%+ frozen orb dmg.
    frozen orb sucks :P i have +arcane damage with disintegrate and loh.
    i never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    frozen orb sucks :P i have +arcane damage with disintegrate and loh.
    i never die.
    :-s Where, in t1/t2? That doesn't seem like a "pro tactic" for t3+
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2014-03-29 at 04:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    :-s Where, in t1/t2? That doesn't seem like a "pro tactic" for t3+
    I'm doing it in T3 with disintegrate and mirrors/blackhole with illusionist passive. The full loadout is Magic Weapon (deflection), Mirror Images (duplicates), Storm Armor (power of the storm), Familiar (Arcanot) and Blackhole (event horizon) and Disintegrate (chaos nexus) as the AP spender. With enough + disintegrate/arcane damage you can just hold stuff with multiple black holes from images and completely melt them.

Deleted
    Ensure you apply total face to keyboard for best results?

huehue

Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    Ensure you apply total face to keyboard for best results?

huehue
    You could say that for every class in the game except Crusader 'cause they're so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm doing it in T3 with disintegrate and mirrors/blackhole with illusionist passive. The full loadout is Magic Weapon (deflection), Mirror Images (duplicates), Storm Armor (power of the storm), Familiar (Arcanot) and Blackhole (event horizon) and Disintegrate (chaos nexus) as the AP spender. With enough + disintegrate/arcane damage you can just hold stuff with multiple black holes from images and completely melt them.
    basically this but i run tele instead of mirrors and slow time stun for black hole

Magic missile with conflag + mirrorball (2 extra missiles per cast source), enjoy 50 mil conflag dot rolling on durable mobs aka elites,bosses on t3+. You can also use magic weapon ignite for the ultimate dotception fire wizard. Probably the most overpowered combo currently dps wise.

Currently doing t4 and it took roughly 2 mins to kill adria which had 2.3b hp with the combo above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Magic missile with conflag + mirrorball (2 extra missiles per cast source), enjoy 50 mil conflag dot rolling on durable mobs aka elites,bosses on t3+. You can also use magic weapon ignite for the ultimate dotception fire wizard. Probably the most overpowered combo currently dps wise.

Currently doing t4 and it took roughly 2 mins to kill adria which had 2.3b hp with the combo above.
    hmm thats very interesting, i'll have to try that at some point, not heard of it at all.

personally i generally use the frozen orb build atm but I have had fun running black hole with the increased cold dmg, then whilst theyre grouped magic missile iceicle to stun and then frozen orb for nice damages.

Speaking of fire Wiz, I just had this drop:

Says it's a big DPS loss, due to my current offhands stats, but I can't enchant the Spectral Blade damage off my wand for something useful. Tempted to give it to my Enchantress, but then I lose my AP regen from the Templar, which ruins my current build anyway (Arcane Face tank).

The above fire spec sounds interesting so may give it a go with this Maximus.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2014-03-30 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Post some pro wizard tactics, interesting item/skill interactions and what not.

Currently, what is making a big difference is when I am using disintegrate, instead of dragging the beam through areas with no monsters, I let go and click. it looks cool and it saves a ton of ap in the end because you stop casting for even a second and let some ap regenerate at no cost to damage
    Black hole with absolute zero, hit 50 enemies and start oneshotting blues, yellows and bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Speaking of fire Wiz, I just had this drop:

Says it's a big DPS loss, due to my current offhands stats, but I can't enchant the Spectral Blade damage off my wand for something useful. Tempted to give it to my Enchantress, but then I lose my AP regen from the Templar, which ruins my current build anyway (Arcane Face tank).

The above fire spec sounds interesting so may give it a go with this Maximus.
    Try the crafted fire weapon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/devastator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Nice, hopefully I get a recipe drop. Just had a http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blac...duncraig-cross drop in the last 5 minutes that rolled 18% fire damage, IAS and LOH, so if I can get some INT on there, along with a few other banked Fire pieces I move away from Arcane might be on the cards.