Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's pretty cool that hydras will be tamable, hopefully they give a cool raid buff so it'll actually be useful. I'm pretty sure it will be BM only though sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Not that excited tbh. Think a lot of people will use them for a few weeks then just abandon them in stables. I mean how often do you see people using Jormungar's, rhino's etc ? Very rarely. Once the novelty wears off Hydra's will be no different unless they provide some amazing utility.

For them to interest me they need to make them a pain to get due to rarity like the WOTLK rare pets or give us some interesting taming challenges along the lines of the Catacylsm Molten front rare pets.

If someone likes a pet enough, they'll keep using it solely because hunters need to have a pet for optimal play. If you don't like pets but Hydra are your thing, you'll still use the Hydra more than whatever else you got. Of course you can choose to play petless in WoD, but you know what I mean.

Also, those kinds of pets are added constantly, but that doesn't mean every pet has to be a challenge tame or rare. That's just stupid. Plus.. the "rarest" pets are the least unique. Everyone and his mom runs around with Loque. Have yet to see more than 4 people use the Aurokk/Silithid Ant model.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

who cares if it's Exotic, i thought all the SV/MM hunters out there hated having pets and just want to take the With or Without you: Lone Wolf talent anyway....?
    #HyperbolicStrawmanning

anyway, i am glad, very glad. looks like there will be some interesting new skins, i wonder if they reanimated the hydra... i remember i think way back some dev saying that hydras had not been made into pets for so long because they didn't have proper animations for several pet abilties (e.g. charge) and they had never had never got around to the revising and adding onto the hydra's animation repertoire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Not that excited tbh. Think a lot of people will use them for a few weeks then just abandon them in stables. I mean how often do you see people using Jormungar's, rhino's etc ? Very rarely. Once the novelty wears off Hydra's will be no different unless they provide some amazing utility.
    (snip)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If someone likes a pet enough, they'll keep using it solely because hunters need to have a pet for optimal play. If you don't like pets but Hydra are your thing, you'll still use the Hydra more than whatever else you got. Of course you can choose to play petless in WoD, but you know what I mean.
    (snip)
    Plus.. the "rarest" pets are the least unique. Everyone and his mom runs around with Loque. Have yet to see more than 4 people use the Aurokk/Silithid Ant model.
    They day we will have truly won is the day when we can swap pet special abilities between pets. so that what a pet looks like and what raid buff or utility spell it brings to the table will be decoupled, like a new version of the old teaching pets mechanic.

Then i could have my most favored green Beetle bring the Melee/Ranged haste buff instead of the useless (to group play) damage reducing cooldown.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I remember releasing my rhino after I finished the flag defending achievement in AB. His name was Ringout. And he was the hero of the Lumber Mill.

I agree with Grubjuice though. I'd love to be able to take a Crane or Spider to raid instead of Sporebat every single night.

3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

Yeti's. I want tameable Yeti. Hell, just make them part of the ape family, I don't care. Every single arena, monster menagerie, or 'most dangerous game' scenario in WoW they have captured yeti, I want mine.

Bet hydras have a crappy ass tank pet special like turtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpPKgi-niI
    How I feel about healers that try to DPS

Hunter pets need a big revamp in general but we won't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    It's pretty cool that hydras will be tamable, hopefully they give a cool raid buff so it'll actually be useful. I'm pretty sure it will be BM only though sadly.
    I still highly doubt it will be considered exotic, and we'll see about the buff, I think they'll still make it a crit buff? Whoop.

All Hunter Raids ~Drunken Tier 14 Community Raid the 6th~ Hunter IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I still highly doubt it will be considered exotic, and we'll see about the buff, I think they'll still make it a crit buff? Whoop.
    Making it crit would be pretty boss, but only time will tell. If they don't make it exotic I'll be fairly surprised (and happy). That being said, I don't like to get my hopes up when it comes to Blizz and pets.

I'v been waiting for hydras for a long time, Now all they need is to let us tame those damn Beavers!!!!!!!

I'm from canada and want a damn beaver as my pet!!!!