Thread: Houses in wow?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Houses in wow?

Ok to first state. I'm not talking about Garrisons here.

Since I started playing this game I always thought it would be a cool idea to allow players to build their own houses.
    The idea is pretty simple and sort of revolves around Runescape rules. Have a few portals around Azeroth that you can enter alone or with a group of people.

It could be a new secondary skill called "Woodworking"

Pretty much to build your house you'd go around Azeroth and collect "said" items, such as wood, sand(glass), metal..etc and lvl up from collecting and crafting.
    AKA like Minecraft and the Skyrim expansion.

You'd be able to make things like a chest(limitations of course), A target dummy, a dueling area, some cases for you display your transmog gear or armor sets and weapons, a cooking area...and other things!

What do you guys think?
    What other idea do you have that you could craft for your house?
    Selling myself out below

Garrisons are going to be the housing of World of Warcraft. They may not be as personal as a little cozy house, but they are way more pratical. They also give our anonymous characters a higher status, since we are the ones (sort of) giving the orders now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Garrisons are going to be the housing of World of Warcraft. They may not be as personal as a little cozy house, but they are way more pratical. They also give our anonymous characters a higher status, since we are the ones (sort of) giving the orders now.
    Oh I know man. This would be a more "for fun" side thing for wow to add in.
    People in this game tend to love customization.
    Plus maybe if you built a house and logged out in bed you'd get 250% rested xp or something. Like Skyrim.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Oh I know man. This would be a more "for fun" side thing for wow to add in.
    People in this game tend to love customization.
    Plus maybe if you built a house and logged out in bed you'd get 250% rested xp or something. Like Skyrim.
    Well, they said something about us being able to place some boss/achievement trophies. They also talked about player statues. So customization seems to be one of their goals, just not the main one. But speculation is fun, nothing stops them from making a player house building inside the garrison after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, they said something about us being able to place some boss/achievement trophies. They also talked about player statues. So customization seems to be one of their goals, just not the main one. But speculation is fun, nothing stops them from making a player house building inside the garrison after all.
    Oh yeah I know that. But everyones house will look the same and eventually everyones Garrison will be the same. The house aspect was to allow you to make something of your own. you build your house in the shape you want it.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    ... They give you a FORT and you still want houses?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    ... They give you a FORT and you still want houses?
    Yes, I think it would be a neat aspect of the game. Where everyone doesn't have the same shit.
    Transmogs where popular cause it allowed players to stand out, Custom house building could do that too. yeah?
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know I think garrisons will serve it well. It kind of sucks it's going to be the same for virtually everyone on the same progress as you, but at least it's a step in the right direction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    I don't know I think garrisons will serve it well. It kind of sucks it's going to be the same for virtually everyone on the same progress as you, but at least it's a step in the right direction
    Yeah, That's not what I'm looking for. Eventually there will be some people who will post "Best possible garrison set ups" and people will build in that direction.
    Selling myself out below

Probably sometime within the next few expansions, they originally said no houseing, yet it seems with the farm and now the garrison we are getting closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm not interested in player housing at all. I hate to be a stick in the mud about it but to me it serves no real purpose.

AKA like Minecraft and the Skyrim expansion.
    I will have to pass. Garrisons should be just fine.

Honestly, I'm not particularly happy about Garrisons being implemented, so houses would be something I would pretty much hate.

I get that there are people that would like this feature, I really do, but I've never liked the concept. I would rather that development time is spent on things involving gameplay and game improvements as opposed to something without real game impact.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I'm not interested in player housing at all. I hate to be a stick in the mud about it but to me it serves no real purpose.
    I only wish the garrison came with a personalized banner, much like a guild tabard, but something that flies high on flags you designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    There are a shit ton of things that "server no purpose" in the game. This idea was more for people who would WANT to do it. It would have a benifit. Extra storage(would cost a lot in mats and farming) Target dummies(set in boss or groups for aoe), Dueling areas for you and your friends/guild members.
    Selling myself out below

Blizzard worked on Player Housing in WoW Alpha I believe but it didn't work out so they scrapped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think it would be a neat aspect of the game. Where everyone doesn't have the same shit.
    Transmogs where popular cause it allowed players to stand out, Custom house building could do that too. yeah?
    The world is dead enough as is. We don't need more phased shit. If you want to build a house go play the sims.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The world is dead enough as is. We don't need more phased shit. If you want to build a house go play the sims.
    I do play The Sims. My goal is you build one SUPER ULTRA MEGA POPTART GAME! Next, I'll suggest we add an FPS Nazi zombie feature.
    Selling myself out below

Player housing has come and gone over the years. I like how Blizzard is mixing it up and trying the garrisons.

saw the thread title, immediately thought of Game of Thrones.

Varok of House Saurfang, first of his name........

Garrisons basically fits this bill does it not?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.