Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Really makes you wonder just how many people are afraid to admit what happened without being blown off or laughed at by society. Sad video, but sends a good message.
    I don't know if this is still the case (especially after the mens' hockey team gangraped a girl while at an away game), but at my university, more men are raped than women, according to security services.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    The point of this video went way over my head.

I'm actually confused about it.
    Dude was raped.

Because nobody takes his trauma seriously, because he was raped by a woman when he was a kid, he has to act like it wasn't traumatic at all, or deal with society's rejection of him on top of that trauma.

So he "has" to think his rape was "sincerely hilarious".

He's talking about the mask he's forced to wear because most people are completely unwilling to accept how badly that experience traumatizes someone, just because he's a dude and she's a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    are conservatives gonna get upset over this just like with the Colbert thing?
    What in the world does being conservative or liberal have to do with either this or that thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    I just can't see a guy being "raped" as bad as a girl. Barring horrible things like diseases, her getting pregnant and suing for child support, there shouldn't be any short or long term damage (assuming it is by a woman). You can tare a girls insides if she not "in the mood" minimally, plus make her scared of men. You can't do that to a guy. I doubt there is a guy afraid at any given moment a girl may rip his pants off and start sucking.
    You think that a rape is more damaging to girls only because you think girls need a protection, that they're all defenseless and vulnerable beings. Here's something new, maybe you've never heard of it ever before in your entire life, but I'll tell you that. Boys/guys have emotions too and a rape is not any less damaging to them than to girls. They just have to "deal" with it. And that's why you don't hear about it that often and you think it's not comparable to when a girl is raped.
    Does he look happy to you in that video?

Emotional trauma is emotional trauma, regardless of sex and gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I think the video might have went over my head too. I just don't know what to think about it. Men can get raped just like women, it's just viewed much differently when it's a man..

Deleted
    Rape is only funny until it happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    I think the video might have went over my head too. I just don't know what to think about it. Men can get raped just like women, it's just viewed much differently when it's a man..
    No, you pretty much understood the point of the video. The guy was talking about how someone he should have been able to trust in middle school raped him and how all his friends were like "DUDE U BANGED THE HOT TEACHER! /BROFIST" like idiot teenage boys.

Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Rape is only funny until it happens to you.
    This guy, however, missed the point of the video.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape is rape, whether it's done to a female or a male, and whether the perpetrator is male or female.

It's still rape.

And it's not okay, and it's not hilarious, and the fact that society views rape of boys and rape of girls as somehow "different" pisses me off.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Heh

I just can't see a guy being "raped" as bad as a girl. Barring horrible things like diseases, her getting pregnant and suing for child support, there shouldn't be any short or long term damage (assuming it is by a woman). You can tare a girls insides if she not "in the mood" minimally, plus make her scared of men. You can't do that to a guy. I doubt there is a guy afraid at any given moment a girl may rip his pants off and start sucking.

This is so right, i mean, when i was 12, and my moms friend duck-taped me to my bed, threatened to kill me, and than used me as her "powerless toy" it didnt cause any issues with me. No, i functioned fine, being unable to connect with a female, and i have a great relationship with my mom, because her friend showed me the joys of sex.

Hell, i am not even having a panic attack right now even thinking about this, and knowing people will make fun of me for it. I mean, 4 years of therapy and 10 years healed it all, nope, no damage, my eyes are just watering... Yeah... Allergies...

Bad actor. Also, not an interesting or compelling point.

I'd be afraid of a woman drugging me and doing things to me. Violation of the body regardless of gender is a scary and disturbing act. Try to think about it less as a sexual experience and things become a bit more clear. It's not the sex for both genders, it's the act of doing it without consent that traumatizes the victim. The sex of course is part of the trauma, but the focus is around the violation.
    Last edited by Mitobunny; 2014-03-29 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Lol what??
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    I'd be afraid of a woman drugging me and doing things to me. Violation of the body regardless of gender is a scary and disturbing act. Try to think about it less as a sexual experience and things become a bit more clear. It's not the sex for both genders, it's the act of doing it without consent that traumatizes the victim. The sex of course is part of the trauma, but the focus is around the violation.
    Absolutely Correct. It's about having complete control over another person. That leaves a feeling of helplessness that may never leave the victim even years later...

Bad Troll. Also, not an interesting or compelling point.
    Changed to apply to your post.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2014-03-29 at 06:21 AM.

Super contribution, Eviscero. Would you like to expand on your viewpoints, or are you content with having stated your brilliantly concise opinion as objective fact and going on your merry way?

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's speaking from his own life experiences and the reality of how that is handled by many, good on him... One of those people who speak when so many will not.

Some women are hardly innocent and certainly should be held equally accountable.

Hell, last week my house got some robo-call informing us that some woman the next street down in the next neighborhood over was listed as a sexual predator. Was honestly kind of surprising right around here, but glad the bitch has been listed and whatever system it is let people know.

I guess your post and the video have something in common then.
    ( ; , , ; )

I didn't see him as a bad actor at all, in fact I thought it was very good acting to be honest. It is a very interesting and compelling point, men are apparently incapable of being raped by women in many people's minds. Honestly even if you went to court over being raped by a female as a man they'll either get off free or with a very light sentence compared to a man raping a woman. This argument shouldn't be about who is hurt more 'physically' but 'mentally' the worst thing about it isn't how they can be harmed physically but traumatized, and apparently men are not allowed to be mentally distraught from it.

In my opinion a man who would be mentally distraught from rape is more likely to suffer than a female because a woman says she's raped everyone gathers their pitchforks and torches and she receives love and support. Of course all of this should happen, the problem lies with if a man did the same thing people shrug and be like 'dafuq you complaining about? free sex lulz'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was molested by a family friend when I was eight, man on man (Well boy I guess)

I used to be upset about it and think it made me some kind of freak but honestly as I got older I just kind of got over it. I guess I was one of the lucky people that can see it for what it is, a monstrous person doing something terrible, but there is nothing I can do to change what happened, and it was not my fault, so I do not linger on it any more.
    You're a towel.

Sarcastic humor is dull and awkward.