I need exotic leather!

where is best place to farm? Im a 546 lazer chicken or a 565 tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Turtles on a high pop realm. Don't even need to kill them, just skin and keep skinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=72120/ex...ather#comments

lots of useful info in the comment section...

Deleted
    I get lots from chests when farming NPC's with Potion of Luck.

Sit on Timeless Isle skinning all the turtles!

As others have stated, go to Timeless Isle and just run around.

One thing I've noticed is that on a Tuesday, there will be a huge influx of non-skinners killing mobs for quests and thus the level of skinnable corpses will be through the roof. Towards the end of the week, less people go there and the ratio of other skinners increases (as they are the only ones who tend to go back each day). There is a brief resurgence on Saturday and Sunday as people try and finish the weeklies on alts, though. So your terget times as a skinner to go to Isle are Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. My warrior usually hearths off the island after an hour on a Tuesday with 10 stacks of leather, 2-3 stacks of scales and if I'm lucky a hide.

You may find you have a lot of skinning competition on the beaches. If that's the case, switch to tigers as most people kill them out of annoyance of getting knocked off their mount going from one part of the island to another, and most skinners tend to stick to the beaches since that's closer to the flight paths.

Edit: Additionally, if you don't want to deal with the Isle on a PVP server you can switch to the Windward Isle. Particularly on days where the Cloud Serpent dailies direct you to kill the tigers, you'll usually find a large amount of skinnable corpses. If that isn't the case, you can farm them yourself as they are pretty low HP and come in big packs. As a bonus, if you are a class that uses rage/energy/RP/focus you can kill the sprites for a buff that reduces your resource costs by a large amount and stacks. This is probably less useful for a boomkin, but pretty awesome for a bear if you wanna go that route.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-04-03 at 02:51 PM.

If no1 skins them and it's busy: Timeless Island.

If you do decent aoe damage: The hill where a lot of dailies from Halfhill market (Tillers) send you. The Goats are the ones you're looking for. They respawn insanely fast and you can easily pull and kill 6-8 at a time, and they give between 1-3 leathers per mob. Also sometimes people will do dailies and leave some dead bodies. Only issues are that there are some patrolling mobs, but you can kill them pretty fast if they aggro onto you and the usual PvP issue (allthough it will probably not be as competitive as Timeless Isle, so don't worry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    If no1 skins them and it's busy: Timeless Island.

If you do decent aoe damage: The hill where a lot of dailies from Halfhill market (Tillers) send you. The Goats are the ones you're looking for. They respawn insanely fast and you can easily pull and kill 6-8 at a time, and they give between 1-3 leathers per mob. Also sometimes people will do dailies and leave some dead bodies. Only issues are that there are some patrolling mobs, but you can kill them pretty fast if they aggro onto you and the usual PvP issue (allthough it will probably not be as competitive as Timeless Isle, so don't worry.)
    Ah yes, completely forgot about the goats. Be warned that they can easily knock you off the plateau if you're not careful, and they hurt. Otherwise, great spot if you're a secondary miner because trillium spawns up there frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the farm on my alts and plant Raptorleaf seeds, or use the seed bag that does 4 plots at once. They buffed the drop rate considerably, and I think I get like 45-55 pieces of leather a day per toon. For about 5 minutes work a day that is not bad. Also, if you have a toon that has no use for motes of harmony, and thus spirits of harmony, trade them at Danky <Spirit of Harmony Vendor> for Horde outside the shrine, or Krystel <Spirit of Harmony Vendor> for alliance. 1 spirit for a stack of 20 exotic leather.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, geared as you are, you can ROFLstomp the rares all around Pandaria, but especially in the Vale, and they frequently drop a cache that can contain leather, or any valuable mats for various profs.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I use the farm on my alts and plant Raptorleaf seeds, or use the seed bag that does 4 plots at once. They buffed the drop rate considerably, and I think I get like 45-55 pieces of leather a day per toon. For about 5 minutes work a day that is not bad. Also, if you have a toon that has no use for motes of harmony, and thus spirits of harmony, trade them at Danky <Spirit of Harmony Vendor> for Horde outside the shrine, or Krystel <Spirit of Harmony Vendor> for alliance. 1 spirit for a stack of 20 exotic leather.
    This is probably the worst answer. Everyone with a farm looking to make gold knows that Snakeroot is what you plant. Guaranteed trillium ore on each plot is just too good to pass up. Also, you should be using SOH on Golden Lotus.