Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I think Richard Dawkins could write a whole new book about those Half-life-3-like theories.
    Wasnt the God Delusion about Gabe Newell?

@topic
    No. But we should be getting a beta pretty soon! And then we can have some predictions on the release date based on the state the WoD content is in. Should be more interesting to read.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Yes, I know, it is kinda stretching it abit, but the pieces fit to me.
    I think it's an interesting catch. Kudos for coming up with it. I hope you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    However and most importantly: September 9th is my birthday. There.. it's comfirmed. I'm so awesome Blizzard simply wants to give us WOD at that day to celebrate the anniversary of me being born.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

They said release during Fall. They also used December 21 as the last possible day of Fall because it is the technical date of it(source: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...76799426093056 ) meaning it can only be at September 23 at the earliest making 9/9 impossible. Why? Because: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=first+day+of+fall

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like a half life 3 confirmed thread.. rofl

People who Thinks Everything is a hint with a message, i love u guys

Nein, nein.

Wait - that's a double negative – so yes, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you unfamiliar with blizzard? They never get anything done on time, their delays are what they're famous for. To think they could forecast an important event months and months in advance is bordering on lunacy, they've been nothing but vague and wishy-washy about when WoD will launch or if content will even be finished by then.

while i normally love a good hidden message conspiracy, i really dont see any connection to WoD, or even a connection to a date in general here.

i think it just means that there were probably 9 shaman about to attack that farm.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this all turns out to be right and you all get to come back in here and edit your comments to sneak onto the bandwagon.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol, so something they first implemented prior to mists coming out (I guess?) is the release date for WoD? Somehow, I highly doubt that, nothing more than a coincidence.
    Oh and by the way, you should check out the number 23..... or even 9 11 for that matter....many coincidences....

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Are you unfamiliar with blizzard? They never get anything done on time, their delays are what they're famous for. To think they could forecast an important event months and months in advance is bordering on lunacy, they've been nothing but vague and wishy-washy about when WoD will launch or if content will even be finished by then.
    Then let me show you this: according to WoWpedia, Operation: Gnomeregan's second announcement, which had the "12.7%" quote, came up on 8 April, 2010, 8 months before the launch of the expansion, and a little under 3 months before beta began (30 June, 2010).

Deleted
    9/11 or may planes rain down from the sky somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They said release during Fall. They also used December 21 as the last possible day of Fall because it is the technical date of it(source: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...76799426093056 ) meaning it can only be at September 23 at the earliest making 9/9 impossible. Why? Because: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=first+day+of+fall
    A large number of business in America consider Labor Day as the last unofficial day of summer (schools, both primary and college, are back in session, stores put focus on fall clothes and Halloween by this time, etc.).

Also, September is the last month for Q3. They will want to try to bring out the expansion before Q4 begins in order to boost their bottom line to what is, in my opinion, expected to be a poor Q3.

But, like others have said, problems do crop up, and delays happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    2014/9/9 - the start WoD beta?
    It will be beta release date
    Even being cynical, which I typically am not, this is being unrealistic unless something catastrophic happened.

A loss of data or something like that, but then there would be probably bigger problems to worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Minor pet peeve, but...

"Peaked" is the new "Loose."

(it's "piqued")
    Welp, that's fixed in the OP.

Thanks!
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2014-03-30 at 04:41 AM.

Well,ya know, 9/9/2014 is still better than x/x/2015, right?

(the reference to 15 is also in the short story, for those who have not read it)

Blizzard didn't write that story.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Then let me show you this: according to WoWpedia, Operation: Gnomeregan's second announcement, which had the "12.7%" quote, came up on 8 April, 2010, 8 months before the launch of the expansion, and a little under 3 months before beta began (30 June, 2010).
    It's entirely possible that the 12.7% quote was just a random number the quest writers pulled out of the air randomly, and the connection with the actual Cata release date was just a coincidence. It's highly unlikely they would have a set decided on release date 3 months before beta even started, just like it's highly unlikely they have one yet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It's entirely possible that the 12.7% quote was just a random number the quest writers pulled out of the air randomly, and the connection with the actual Cata release date was just a coincidence. It's highly unlikely they would have a set decided on release date 3 months before beta even started, just like it's highly unlikely they have one yet now.
    It's very likely they had a planned release date, and given how much content was cut from cata - it seems very likely they chopped firelands from release to meet that schedule.

Normally gamers like when companies delay a game as needed - but it's silly to assume there isn't a planned release date right from the get-go. "it's done when it's done" doesn't really fly with the businessmen.

You're also suggesting a 1/1000 coincidence is more likely. Maybe if were just 12%...

OT: 9/9 for release date would be awesome... for... reasons.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-03-31 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's very likely they had a planned release date, and given how much content was cut from cata - it seems very likely they chopped firelands from release to meet that schedule.

Normally gamers like when companies delay a game as needed - but it's silly to assume there isn't a planned release date right from the get-go. "it's done when it's done" doesn't really fly with the businessmen.

You're also suggesting a 1/1000 coincidence is more likely. Maybe if were just 12%...

OT: 9/9 for release date would be awesome... for... reasons.
    Firelands was never supposed to be part of the original Cata release; T11 was a full 13 boss/3 instance tier on it's own. It's highly unlikely they were planning a 20+ boss first tier. What they cut was Abyssal Maw, which was supposed to be released with Firelands as the second raid tier. You could tell even from the Firelands itemization (some specs didn't even have upgrades in all slots that tier) that it was a very rushed decision.

A 9/9 release date would never happen, if for no other reason (including the fact that it's not Fall) than Destiny releases the same day and Activision is not going to want to overlap both games, regardless of how potential little customer overlap there is.

I can't be bothered finding the original, but firelands WAS intended to be on release, and was announced as such. It says similar (although without source) on wowwiki

http://www.wowwiki.com/Firelands

But given you though 12.7% was a likely coincidence.. I guess this is a coincidence too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."