Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoD - Hydra Pets, Niuzao Temple Hotfix, WoD PvP Blog, Connected Realms Update, Story

Level 70 Builds Collection, Part 2

Fight Night S5E5 Finals Decklists, Jotto's Tournament Review, NESL $500 Cup Sunday + Decklists

Game Systems Blues: Hero Quest, Queue Time Boredom, Ping Interface

Warlords of Draenor - Hydra Pets Tameable
    It appears one of the new Hunter pet families in Warlords of Draenor will be hydras!

Upcoming Siege of Niuzao Temple Hotfix
    You asked, and Watcher delivered! Siege of Niuzao Temple is going to be hotfixed to let you start the waves on Vo'jak faster.

Warlords of Draenor - Upcoming PvP Blog Post
    Holinka mentioned that we will get a blog post about PvP gear changes in April.

Patch 5.4.7 - Arena Rating Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We recently implemented a hotfix to address a bug that allowed Personal Ratings to exceed Matchmaking Rating. As a result, some players may notice that they do not gain or lose Personal Rating in the wake of a match. As more matches are played, these ratings will normalize and converge to the correct rating, and Personal Rating will then rise or drop accordingly.

In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments if necessary.

Make-A-Wish® Charity Pet: Thank You!
    Thanks to the epic outpouring of generosity from World of Warcraft players around the world who purchased an Alterac Brew Pup pet, we’ve raised $1 million to benefit Make-A-Wish in their continuing efforts to grant the wishes of children throughout the world with life-threatening medical conditions.

Last November, we announced that 50% of the Alterac Brew Pup’s $10 purchase price would be donated to Make-A-Wish, and the WoW community rushed in to lend their support. Thanks again for helping to make a difference in the lives of children.

Learn more about Make-A-Wish America at wish.org and Make-A-Wish International at worldwish.org.

EU Connected Realms Update - 28/03
    The following realms are due to be connected next week:

English Realms
    • (PvP) Shattered Hand and Kor’gall/Bloodfeather/Executus/Burning Steppes
    • (PvE) Aggramar and Hellscream

French Realms
    • (PvP) Illidan and Naxxramas/Arathi/Temple Noir

German Realms
    • (PvE) Ulduar and Gilneas

The following realms are scheduled to be connected after the realms above:

English Realms
    • (RP) Darkmoon Faire and Earthen Ring

German Realms

• (PvE) Rexxar and Alleria

Hello, can you please answer one question? Are you done with our group Darksorrow/Genjuros/Neptulon or you are planning to add more realms?
    Yes we're done with that group for now.

Was wondering if the Darkmoon Faire/Earthen Ring connection means we will have a 2 way and a 3 way connection of the smaller 5 RP realms (as opposed to the 5 way most were expecting).
    Still waiting to see how things pan out, but we're not currently planning to add more realms to the Darkmoon Faire/Earthen Ring connection.

Ok, I have to ask because the wait is driving me crazy; Will Steamwheedle Cartel ever get connected?
    Current plans are to connect it, yes. But as I always stress, nothing is set in stone; we have to carefully analyse how things go as we proceed

Thats a shame really.. I seen server be merged into fives.. that would help the 5 minor Role Play servers if they became one. Seems a lot are hoping for this to happen.
    Connecting all five of the EN RP realms would result in mild queues at quiet times for players on those realms, and hours of waiting to log on at busy times

Would it really be the case if all except AD were connected, it'd make queues? I always thought all except AD were suffering in a minor way.
    You're right, apologies, I edited my post to clarify I was talking about the low/medium population realms. Argent Dawn often has queues by itself so it won't be connected to any others. But yeah as I said, the others aren't as small as, say, some of the PvP ones we've been connecting.

US Connected Realms - Update 3/28
    Future Connections
    We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, April 3 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Borean Tundra and Shadowsong
    • Dath'Remar and Khaz'goroth

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, April 10 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Drenden and Arathor
    • Nagrand and Caelestrasz

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.

• Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council

Postponed Until a Future Time

• Alterac Mountains and Balnazzar/Gorgonnash/The Forgotten Coast/ Warsong
    • Elune and Gilneas
    • Sisters of Elune and Cenarion Circle

*Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

New World of Warcraft Short Story: The Untamed Valley
    In Pandaria’s Valley of the Four Winds, modest farmers have worked the land for generations. They are the true backbone of Pandaren society, feeding an empire with an honest day’s work...scant preparation for war.

Though Garrosh Hellscream has been defeated, the flames of his hatred still rage in the hearts of his followers. When the worst of these descend on Pandaria, closely followed by Alliance heroes Maraad and Lyalia, the humble Tillers find their farms transformed into battlefields.
    The Tillers are committed to their homes and the earth they cultivate, but will they give up their lives to protect them? Worse, will they give up their lives for nothing?

The answer is in the 7th Pandaria faction story, “The Untamed Valley,” written by Robert Brooks. It’s available now on the Destination: Pandaria site as a free download. Enjoy!
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-03-29 at 08:13 AM.

I'll be tamin one of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might mean we're getting a new hydra model. If I recall, their main contention with the old hydra model is how... rusty... it is.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I'll be tamin one of those.
    Probably I'll not. Freaking ugly creatures.

I've had a Hydra pet, it was a bug where you could get a hydra or a slime. It's not really knew since the bug has been around since Wrath... Yeah, no hype at all... /yawn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I've had a Hydra pet, it was a bug where you could get a hydra or a slime. It's not really knew since the bug has been around since Wrath... Yeah, no hype at all... /yawn!
    They removed the ability to tame it like that midway through WotLK.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What? Connecting Earthen Ring and Darkmoon Faire ... Where does that leave SWC? It's practically a ghost town! If anyone needs a connection, it's SWC.

Was informed that you can turn off the theramore crater phase, by talking to an npc at the far end of the west bridge leading out of Theramore. It turns off the phasing for Alcaz Island too. Wasn't aware. :P Thanks, and sry to others.
    Last edited by CrazyEyez315; 2014-03-29 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was literally flailing my arms around when I saw this pop up on my facebook. I was talking to someone perfectly normally and then I flipped.

So excited. I adore hydras.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Might mean we're getting a new hydra model. If I recall, their main contention with the old hydra model is how... rusty... it is.
    Yeah that makee sense. It also means that there is a possibility of updated rigs with more elaborate animation. Same deal with chimeras. The iron skyreaver mount is a likely prototype. (like heart of the aspects)

Also means we may get an iron chimera boss encounter.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-03-29 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna get Chimaeron. Hell yesssssss!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And people say Blizzard never listen to Feedback.

Siege of Niuzao changes after just 1 day of polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEyez315 View Post
    For those unaware, it is still possible to get the black ones in Dustwallow marsh, it's a bit tricky yet simple.

I was able to snag ones attention using a Warrior's Mocking Banner and dragging it out of the phased area.
    ...Do tell?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Lol, typical doomsayer is ready to QQ when something in game changes even if he don't know the content change affects. The gong is already there in challenge mode so fortunately he won't rage about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 you need to be beast master to use them...

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
    What? Connecting Earthen Ring and Darkmoon Faire ... Where does that leave SWC? It's practically a ghost town! If anyone needs a connection, it's SWC.
    I've officially given up on SWC now, waited long enough for blizz to pull their heads out of their asses and connect our dead realm. So now I feel I have 2 choices, either un-sub and wait until it is connected or pay £15 and move my main to another far busier realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hydra pets: ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tamed one in woltk....but it was a crocodile

15+ Year Old Account
    You wanna know how much attention I pay to hunters? Until now I never knew hydras weren't tamable.

It's good to see Maraad around again.