Deleted

New PC (€800-900)

Hello everyone,

I would like to get a new PC to get ready for WoD.

Budget: € 800-900 (around the same in dollars)
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: I would like to play WoW on high/medium settings comfortably, while raiding Mythic.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): None
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS?: Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

The only part that's probably set in stone is the i5 4670k, wouldn't mind overclocking it a bit as well. I would also like to put Windows and WoW on an SSD, as for the hard drive a 500 GB one should probably suffice. I will mostly be playing WoW, so I guess I could be able to save some money on the graphics card.

Hopefully I gave most needed information, if any more is needed please ask .

Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to get a new PC to get ready for WoD.

Budget: € 800-900 (around the same in dollars)
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: I would like to play WoW on high/medium settings comfortably, while raiding Mythic.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): None
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS?: Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

The only part that's probably set in stone is the i5 4670k, wouldn't mind overclocking it a bit as well. I would also like to put Windows and WoW on an SSD, as for the hard drive a 500 GB one should probably suffice. I will mostly be playing WoW, so I guess I could be able to save some money on the graphics card.

Hopefully I gave most needed information, if any more is needed please ask .

Thanks a lot in advance!
    https://www.alternate.nl/html/cart/print.html?

Is probably something I would go with, due to some items having reduced prices and whatnot, also the case has plenty of room for upgrades as does the PSU wattage due to the card barely drawing any power.

EVGA 750ti is better, however also more expensive either way both will run WoW just fine.

212 hyper evo allows a mild overclock, at least.

The case could be swapped for a cheaper one to save that bit you need to get to that 900 range. I wouldn't cheap out on much else, possibly motherboard, though do you want on-board wlan? - Then that'll be more costly.

Windows is expensive. *cough* Other*cough*Methods*cough*

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

Sadly the link doesn't seem to be working, but to answer your question: no I don't need WLan on the board.

Edit: if the budget is not that feasible I guess I would be fine spending a bit more, I do plan on having it for quite a while .
    Last edited by mmoc2f3989ad45; 2014-03-29 at 01:50 PM.

http://tweakers.net/reviews/3443/4/d...mesysteem.html

Just a start maybe, you can go with cheaper gpu and wihout ssd.

Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    http://tweakers.net/reviews/3443/4/d...mesysteem.html

Just a start maybe, you can go with cheaper gpu and wihout ssd.
    That GPU is way, way overkill for WoW, 750ti will do fine. WoW doesn't need a massively good GPU, at all. - Anyway no clue why the link didn't work. That build is about the same as the one I did link, however with 750ti from msi and only a 120gb SSD from Kingston. That 240gb is a bit overkill for WoW and OS, also that one didn't include an OS. With those changes you can easily get to the budget range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    That GPU is way, way overkill for WoW, 750ti will do fine. WoW doesn't need a massively good GPU, at all. - Anyway no clue why the link didn't work. That build is about the same as the one I did link, however with 750ti from msi and only a 120gb SSD from Kingston. That 240gb is a bit overkill for WoW and OS, also that one didn't include an OS. With those changes you can easily get to the budget range.
    Yeah cheapout on the gpu, even the PSU, a xfx 550 is cheaper and really good. Even a cheaper case will do. The rest is quite good for WoW, want to play other games awell? then you might go for better gpu like a 760.

Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    Yeah cheapout on the gpu, even the PSU, a xfx 550 is cheaper and really good. Even a cheaper case will do. The rest is quite good for WoW, want to play other games awell? then you might go for better gpu like a 760.
    Yeah pretty much this. Though 750ti, especially OC'd is more than capable to run some of the latest games on medium to high settings on 1080p, so yeah. Don't waste your money on r9 290, not for wow. The case is more of a matter of opinion, anyway. Take something you like with at least decent airflow, depending on how massive OC you plan on doing, you might want something like fractal design define r4, though that will suffice just fine or even cheaper ones.

Deleted
    Something like this than
    Got some room left for windows, if you are really tight you can swop out the 760 for a 750ti or 260/265 (I dont really know which one performs better at the moment), or you can go for a cheaper case.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/beste...ops=4#shoplist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Something like this than
    Got some room left for windows, if you are really tight you can swop out the 760 for a 750ti or 260/265 (I dont really know which one performs better at the moment), or you can go for a cheaper case.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/beste...ops=4#shoplist
    That one does look very good . Thanks a lot for the help everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    That one does look very good . Thanks a lot for the help everyone!
    I'd take a GTX 770 since you said you can pay 900 euros.
    It's better buying a good GPU now than replacing for alot more money in about a year or two..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noam1134 View Post
    I'd take a GTX 770 since you said you can pay 900 euros.
    It's better buying a good GPU now than replacing for alot more money in about a year or two..
    The OP also needs an OS, and which is another 80-90 euro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    The OP also needs an OS, and which is another 80-90 euro's.
    Depending on the edition it can be over 100 euros easily, sadly. Also to the poster about the GPU, if the main goal is to play wow he won't need to replace it for quite a few years yet, regardless if its 760 or 750ti.