Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

At what point is 'WPvP' Harassment/Griefing?

At what point are people reportable for harassment or griefing? When there is a group of people killing anyone that spawns in a graveyard for literally hours, is it not harassment? Are you really going to call that 'PvP'? Several times people would go and fight back, the people would disappear for 3 minutes and then they're back. Is it not griefing not allowing people to play just for your own lols?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'd say go to a PvE realm then. If you are on a PvP realm, you acknowlege the fact that people are likely to kill you on sight, regardless of level difference. In my opinion, there is no such thing as griefing when it comes to a PvP realm in the sense that you are talking about.

Basically, it comes with the territory when on a PvP realm.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    At what point are people reportable for harassment or griefing?
    When they start winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Honestly, I'd say go to a PvE realm then. If you are on a PvP realm, you acknowlege the fact that people are likely to kill you on sight, regardless of level difference. In my opinion, there is no such thing as griefing when it comes to a PvP realm in the sense that you are talking about.

Basically, it comes with the territory when on a PvP realm.
    It's really past the point of calling it PvP on a PvP server. It is CONSTANT and there is nothing you can do about it. PvP server means you're into some world PvP action. It doesn't mean you're ok with being harassed by people anytime you play. I've always played on a PvP server and have never had a problem like this until Timeless Isle. Which is why I think these actions specifically are reportable, because it is not normal gameplay. Anyone that doubts it let me know and you can come see what it's like on Timeless Isle on my server. It's to the point where they might as well remove all quests and world mobs on T.I because you spend the whole time being ganked by 3+ people.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-04-15 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's really past the point of calling it PvP on a PvP server. It is CONSTANT and there is nothing you can do about it. PvP server means you're into some world PvP action. It doesn't mean you're ok with being harassed by people anytime you play. I've always played on a PvP server and have never had a problem like this until Timeless Isle. Which is why I think these actions specifically are reportable, because it is not normal gameplay. Anyone that doubts it let me know and you can come see what it's like on Timeless Isle on my server. It's to the point where they might as well remove all quests and world mobs on T.I because you spend the whole time being ganked by 3+ people.
    PvP is just that, Player vs Player content. If you can't win, go elsewhere. It sucks for you, yeah, but it is part of the PvP Realm experience. I've been on a PvP server since Classic as Alliance, and STV was avoided at all costs for these reasons as Alliance. I didn't know that at the time, so I suffered through it for quite a while.

PvP IS normal gameplay on a PvP server.

Get friends or guildies to help. If you can't, sucks for you.

World of WARcraft, who would've guessed it was about a war between factions?
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Some people are just dicks and do it for the lawls, some bored people may also do it for "entertainment", you could always ask for help. or switch to your main and camp them for awhile. Alas you're on a pvp server, prepare to pvp whether you are ready, or not.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

It doesn't mean you're ok with being harassed by people anytime you play
    Yes it does. Go pve.

You guys aren't grasping the level of harassment...It is broken gameplay.

When you can't play the game normally, it's broken. When gathering a group and fighting back doesn't fix the problem, IT'S BROKEN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Yes it does. Go pve.
    I've been PvP server since 2007. Don't be dense.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-04-15 at 04:42 AM.

Any time you corpse camp or kill lowbies/people who can't or won't fight back more than once or twice, that's griefing*.

Might not get you punished in any way but that's what it is.

*(Unless they started it ^_^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At what point are people reportable for harassment or griefing? When there is a group of people killing anyone that spawns in a graveyard for literally hours, is it not harassment? Are you really going to call that 'PvP'? Several times people would go and fight back, the people would disappear for 3 minutes and then they're back. Is it not griefing not allowing people to play just for your own lols?
    When you pick your rlm as PvE or PvP blizzard gives you a run down on what they are, if you choose PvP then you cant piss and moan when you are ganked, be it once twice or fifty times, you click on the server with the understand that this thing may happen.
    So like everyone else suggested moved to a PvE server if it has become so much of a drama that you cant play any more.

Report them and if blizzards deems it harassment its harassment, if not its ignored. PVP= player vs player if you are a player killing another player then its pvp no ambiguous meaning you try to attach to the phrase will change that. If it has not crossed into the realm of harassment then players are allowed to "grief" which stops progression for the receiving end at the players discretion.

At no point.

You either

a) chose to flag yourself for PvP

or

b) chose to play on a PvP server

You guys aren't grasping the level of harassment...
    Yes we are. I've suffered that before, and I've done that before too. Like a previous poster said, in vanilla there were zones were you couldn't level if you were on the wrong side. There were level 40-60 that camped the crossroads for hours, graveyard included. There were guilds that did only that, ganking. There were no flying mounts. No escape, nothing.

Go pve.

Blizzard isn't against griefing behavior when there's a PvP remedy (if you can get together a group of allies to trounce the offending party or simply kill all the mobs quickly, the problem is solved), but when the griever is impossible to attack (is not set PvP, or is of the same faction as his targets), there is no such PvP remedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a PVP server, it doesn't matter if the factions are horribly unbalanced. Or if your faction doesn't give a shit about wpvp, or if there is a guy multi boxing the questing town. Or people are camping your corpse, the spirit healers, for hours upon hours upon hours on end. It doesn't matter if they log onto a level 1 toon of the same faction you are on to mock you while they camp you. Or spam your mail, or your whispers, until you block them and then they make a new toon to taunt you. It is a pvp server, you just have to roll over and accept the assholes who make things so unfun that you don't bother with a pve realm you just quit the game. Then they come onto the forums like so and bitch about how the game is dying.

Just roll on a pve server. PvP is broken ever since blizzard decides to do crossrealm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    PvP IS normal gameplay on a PvP server.
    I play on a PVP server, and it's rare to see corpse camping. The kind of GY camping he's talking about... I don't think I've ever seen that.

Ganking lowbies who can't fight back isn't PVP. Doing it once or twice, yeah okay, it's not PVP it's being a dick but fair enough. Doing it more than that is crossing over into outright being a griefing asshole.

It's actually never a problem for me though, if someone kills me more than once I log a character of the opposite faction and whisper to them:

"hey buddy"
    "er... yes?"
    "can you do me a favour?"
    "what?"
    "stop ganking my ally alts"
    "haha... okay"

^ I've done this many times, it has never once failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Blizzard isn't against griefing behavior when there's a PvP remedy (if you can get together a group of allies to trounce the offending party or simply kill all the mobs quickly, the problem is solved), but when the griever is impossible to attack (is not set PvP, or is of the same faction as his targets), there is no such PvP remedy.
    There isn't a PvP remedy though. Like I said in OP, some of your faction will gather and kill them, the attackers will disappear for 3 minutes, and then they're back as soon as your group dissipates.

So it's either you can't play the game because you're being killed, or you can't play the game because you're fighting the attackers. Therefore, you can't ever actually play the game, therefore, broken gameplay.

Also, this is a special case in Timeless Isle. I've never had a huge problem in the rest of the world with PvP. Timeless Isle is a unique situation with the way you respawn and the limited area you have to get away. That's why I don't think the usual 'PvP on PvP server' excuse applies here. It is 100% most definitely griefing.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-04-15 at 04:49 AM.

There isn't a PvP remedy though. Like I said in OP, some of your faction will gather and kill them, the attackers will disappear for 3 minutes, and then they're back as soon as your group dissipates.

So it's either you can't play the game because you're being killed, or you can't play the game because you're fighting the attackers. Therefore, you can't ever actually play the game, therefore, broken gameplay.
    Ok your right. Still, go pve.

Also, this is a special case in Timeless Isle. I've never had a huge problem in the rest of the world with PvP. Timeless Isle is a unique situation with the way you respawn and the limited area you have to get away. That's why I don't think the usual 'PvP on PvP server' excuse applies here.
    Play a different character, stay out of the immediate area, so something instanced. There are a plethora of options available to you, because you choose not to take them does not mean its broken gameplay.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2014-04-15 at 04:53 AM.