Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Been playing the game for 7 years. I have every single Battleground achievement (with the exception of Deepwind Gorge) as well as Conqueror and Battlemaster.

But, I don't have a single arena or RBG achievement on the account that I think arenas and RBGs are terrible. Last time I did arena was season 2, and that was for a handful of games. I prefer lone-wolfing when I PvP.

Normal BGs have always satisfied my PvP fix, but I have not enjoyed PvP since WotLK due to the insane amounts of CC in the game. If it weren't for the achievements, I probably wouldn't have bothered with PvP at all over the past two expansions.

I like what I see with WoD though, so hopefully they finally address the problems so I can enjoy it once again!
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-04-11 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At times. I love doing them with mates and when you get a good team it's also good. The other side of the story is how bad they can be and how they can really get tiresome quickly when no one listens and fights in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, they are more fun, less stress. And there aren't as many geared people so I don't get owned constantly.

Balancing around arenas / organized groups / 'full gear' are all flawed concepts because WoW is an RPG, in RPGs battles are inherently unfair -- thus trying to make them so in a small-scale organized environment is simply a bad idea. That's why we'd have us a much better game if they balanced around BGs / class uniqueness with some underlying tweaks to prevent abuse of synergy -- rather than this abstract idea of 'we balance around 3v3, when you're fully geared and stars align'.

In that sense I much prefer BGs and World PvP concepts to arena / rbg. In actuality BGs are unplayable due to shitty balance, too much emphasis on gear and one too many healers giving one team unbelievable advantage.

It all honestly comes down to this - if we take points / rewards / gear out of the equation, would you honestly bother with arenas / organizing groups or would you much rather just queue up for a map / stumble across and join a world battle to just have some fun? If you answered 'no' to the second then you should seriously reconsider why you're playing this game.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-04-11 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    #6 all day!! Especially as a Holy Paladin. I heal and heal and heal till they finally stun me, then bubble then run, then heal and heal and heal. I remember doing Eye once and just ran into a tower with 5 alli, they couldn't kill me so I eventually freedom / speed of light away and looked to see all the alliance chasing me to a horde tower. They must have been so pissed. Shit like that makes godmode healing fun

NBG's also give you KB and HK's which I need for 100k kills achieve. Also in reg bg's you do get those great comebacks or those great node defense battles. Seems like RBG's are so coordinated that it becomes borderline pve raiding. I still did RBG's, its just more competitive, as normal bg's are relaxing to a degree. You also learn in normals, how to play your class completely. All bg's have too much CC, but thats a dead horse.

Honestly my favorite bracket is two's. I get to use all my cooldowns, play to their strengths/weaknesses. Time my CC with my partner and work for a HK. I feel in two's I have the most control over the win / loss of a match.
    God that sounds so sad.....

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I love normal Battle Grounds, if and only if, I have people I know queing with me. Doesn't have to be a full five man team, but at least one other person, that way I know I have somewhat of a chance of winning.
    RBGs are fun, I have never done them on a top end scale... or even a middle of the road scale really, but I have been apart of guild RBGs and sadly the YOLO RBG posts in trade. Guild RBGs were a blast because of communication and everything the YOLO nonsense sucked because it was like normal RBGs just more likely the other team actually had a premade.
    I will say though since I don't play as often and if I am PvP'ing that likely it is late(r) at night and since ToT came out or so it has been horrendous, if I solo que.
    I have practically quit que'ing as a healer unless I am with friends though...

Of course I prefer regular BGs, I would argue that by far most people that pvp prefer regular BGs.

You know it's a double edged sword really.

I love doing normal bgs, I have the most fun there, but I do want some high ranking glory as well.

Unfortunately, whenever I have gotten near that 2k rating, I find that I don't like the people I have to play with. You know the type of dumb fucks who put shit like "QT" in their name, but is really some kid living in his parents basement with too much free time?

dumb fucks who put shit like "QT" in their name, but is really some kid living in his parents basement with too much free time?
    Sadly that's the kind of person current WoW pvp systems are most suited for. It's not 'high glory', it's for the most part just tryhards who figured the system out and spent weeks / thousands of gold min/maxing to the end, as opposed to having actual fun with actual battles.

This is a unique and strong thread.

For me personally I'd say arena > bg > rbgs. Rbgs piss me off because all the grest llayers only play with each other like they are avoiding a plague.

Arenas are the most fun because you have the most control in them, and reward the best gear.

Ahhh bgs, the relaxing ownage of scrubs and good players. I turn up the music pop coolies and kill 8 people at a time.

If you can't handle dying then. Bgs probably aren't for you, if you can handle it then play bgs. Having a pocket heal on my ele and doing 20+million everygame is hilarious and I have a blast doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.

Deleted
    I love RBg's when they are guild related, otherwise i'd rather go for random bg's ^^
    Arena with mates is always fun

Arenas are fine if you have a stable team, bgs are amazing for casual players, especially before you hit 90 as the gear level is more or less equal.

I run rated rbgs with guild (1500g weekly for raid repairs). The only other pvp I do is "some idiot doesn't know that he shouldn't start something with our guild; let's go finish it".

I play a healer. Random bgs are horrible because people focus and CC healers but don't peal for healers. Arenas aren't any fun either.

I've found myself taking quite a liking to RBGs once I started doing them on my Warlock. I never felt this way about it on my Warrior or Ret Paladin.
    Somehow it feels almost magical on my warlock, it's taken the wrong turn now though. I now like it so much that I despise doing normal BG's and I find them boring and dull because there are no teamwork or coordination. Normal BG's are just every man for him/herself. No one is the boss of me attitude.
    Not that people should be bossy in BG's ofc.
    But it's chaotic rather than magical.
    Ironically my Warlock prefers Order. While my Ret Paladin prefers Chaos. (meaning I prefer normal BGs on my ret paladin)

But overall due to my very positive impressions on my warlock, I prefer RBGs over BGs. But I guess it's a matter of WHO you play with.

Deleted
    I've found myself taking quite a liking to RBGs once I started doing them on my Warlock. I never felt this way about it on my Warrior or Ret Paladin.
    RBGs are highly in favour of ranged, they are flawed by design

Honestly the biggest thing I dislike about RBGs at the moment is the perceived requirement for a guardian. Playing on a low pop PVE server it not possible to get a stable RBG group so I'm stuck with Oqueue, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that it can take 30+ minutes to find a guardian. Yolos and low MMR pugs will go without one, but once you start trying to push 1700+ your team will be at a distinct disadvantage if you don't have one and the enemy team does. Wasted 3 hours last night trying to find a team in my rating range due to a lack of healers and guardians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Honestly the biggest thing I dislike about RBGs at the moment is the perceived requirement for a guardian. Playing on a low pop PVE server it not possible to get a stable RBG group so I'm stuck with Oqueue, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that it can take 30+ minutes to find a guardian. Yolos and low MMR pugs will go without one, but once you start trying to push 1700+ your team will be at a distinct disadvantage if you don't have one and the enemy team does. Wasted 3 hours last night trying to find a team in my rating range due to a lack of healers and guardians.
    That's one of the reasons I almost never do RBG. Who has time for that? It's not like I don't play enough Wow already.

Deleted
    I've never done an RBG or Arena. Battlegrounds suit me fine! They're quick and easy - if sometimes irritating. But unliked RBGs and Arenas you can tell yourself you're done for today and log off without annoying anyone else!