Post Some Poignant Qs about the MMR Adjustment

((as posted on the wow forums by me))

1. Why did CM_Lore and Brian Holinka need to "Look into it" and "Investigate" (just read their twitter posts) upon first hearing about the zero gains in rating?

2. Was the Lead PvP Designer not consulted or informed about this 'hotfix'?
    It seems like it would fall under his purview.

3. If Holinka WAS in the know, were the implications fully explained to him as to HOW these CR/PR to MMR corrections would be made?

4. Given that SOMEBODY knew, why was the community not given a heads-up that this correction was coming?

4a. would that not have been a good idea? (to let us know what was about to happen!?!)

4b. Seriously, why was this not in the patch notes / why no word of it until after players tweeted Devs, and Devs did some investigating?

5. Who is making these changes to the game without letting CMs and Game designers know what's about to happen? and Why?

6. Is there still a need to have a (hidden) Personal MMR separate from your displayed Current Rating?
    Last edited by Romney; 2014-03-29 at 07:23 PM.

You should probably ask these "poignant" questions in a place where a Blizzard employee will actually see it, aka not here. Also, you should probably go outside and get a breath of fresh air before coming back.

I did

(and got banned for it)

//oi61.tinypic.com/s2qibl.jpg
    Last edited by Romney; 2014-03-30 at 02:00 PM.

I can only respond to the fact that Lore is not someone I hold in high regard. He always came off arrogant and after the whole "MONKS ARE DOIN IT WRONG, NOT TELLIN YOU HOW" thing I pretty much just wrote off anything he said or thought.

In terms of the rest of your questions - who knows. It's a big company with a lot of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I can only respond to the fact that Lore is not someone I hold in high regard. He always came off arrogant and after the whole "MONKS ARE DOIN IT WRONG, NOT TELLIN YOU HOW" thing I pretty much just wrote off anything he said or thought.

In terms of the rest of your questions - who knows. It's a big company with a lot of hands.
    He was the first CM to respond to the community on this issue though. He let us know it was being looked into.

As far as a "big company" "Lot of Hands" ..... my question #2 still stands.... the Lead PvP Designer had no idea of this ahead of time??!

And now my post has been twice deleted on the WoW forums (even after removing names) and my account suspended.

//oi61.tinypic.com/s2qibl.jpg
    Last edited by Romney; 2014-03-29 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    What was that in regards to? I don't read many blue posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    What was that in regards to? I don't read many blue posts.
    Some stupid shit where he said Monks weren't doing as much damage as they should be. The suggestion was to focus more on FoF/Energy Brew use which doesn't work in any of the content they've created. They've since backpedalled on their statements but the guy always took a step beyond confidence and waltzed right into arrogance when I watched him stream. I guess that's just his demeanor.

Deleted
    If you try to come across intelligent by using words like "poignant"... You're gonna have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    If you try to come across intelligent by using words like "poignant"... You're gonna have a bad time.
    Just value the strength of the post based on its content; regardless of vocabulary.

10+ Year Old Account
    They fucked it up, that's what they did. RBGs and arena are as good as dead now, nobody wants to q anymore.