Thread: 100% Slows

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Perhaps all classes should have a proper slow, but let it to be a talent in a CC tree, meaning they'd have to give up another powerful form of CC in exchange for the slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well thats true but its still technically a melee class, and one with enough escapes & cc to be fine with losing disarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Last I checked only melee classes (and some pets) can disarm anyways, its not like disarms help ranged peel melee.

Shadow priests can disarm baseline as well, hunters and warlocks have pets that can, Druids, shamans and Mages don't have access to a Disarm. That's 3/6 ranged that CAN disarm.

Out of melee shamans, druids, rets, and DK's can't disarm. Warriors, monks, and rogues can. hat's 3/7 melee that CAN disarm.

So technically a higher percentage of ranged classes can disarm compared to melee, and equal numbers of both can disarm.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-04-01 at 02:03 PM.

I'm happy for all melees to have slows, even with permanent 30-50% movement speed slows it's tough to stick on some targets with bad latency. Only when everyone I fight is also on <30ms ping will I be comfortable not having slows to hit a target as melee.

Think of slows less as a peel for melee, and more of melees way of keeping on a target because of latency.

I still think base movement speed just needs to be reduced in pvp, high latency just ruins it for both sides when they are playing melee

Im a Ret pally and our "speed" boost still isnt as powerful as the other melee class instant gap closers. Without seal of justice or the talent we would still be hard pressed to catch any class capable of kiting i.e. mages and hunters. Our main problem is that we're getting blasted in the face while we're sprinting towards you while warriors (charge), Dks (grip), Rogues (stealth+shadowstep), feral (stealth+leap shit), Enhance (Frost root+ ghost wolf), get an instant, or in enhance case, a wayyyy faster than us, gap closer.

Once we catch you we need to be able to stay on you since most ranged/caster classes have twice as many escape abilities than our catch up abilities

I aint played or PvPed seriously in along time, So my answers could be lold at or just ignored. While i feel alot of classes have snares and alot of them are mindless "auto applying" i do feel we need slows in the game aswell as a way to remove them if needed. Ofc the remove will have a longer CD then the application CD, for example. Rogues can still have crippling poison, it dont auto apply only if they use shiv, 8sec CD but the debuff lasts 6secs. a 2sec window for the ranged or other player to get away if needed, on my boomkin with 100% slows i couldnt do shit 90% of the time, people just silence me and hammer into me (Mostly melee, rogues and warriors), If all classes had a spell what cost a small amount of resource like warriors hamstring but DO NOT AUTO APPLY or AUTO REFRESH, i feel the CC could be better. Problem comes with mages tho, frost spells have always slowed people so would there be an ICD on there frostbolts slow? or they need ANOTHER key to slow people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    as opposed to ranged classes who can you hit that entire time. Do you get it now. Do. you. understand. Warriors can hit hard because they are only hitting you half as often as a ranged class.
    What does that have to do with me finding it frustrating as a new returner to PvP playing a new class? Do. You. Make. Your. Own. Arguments.?

Hint: I didn't ask for removal or changes or claim its OP...just frustrating running at a snails pace while trying to heal.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-04-02 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Hey there.

I know that some classes need snares, most of them being 50% reduced movement speed. Without them, shit wouldn't go down.

What I'm wondering is why slows have to be constant, 100% uptime?
    Slows for the most part can be spammed by Warriors, Monks and Shamans

Some classes you don't even have to think about snaring a target, Ferals, Rogues, Rets /w Burden etc.
    Yes there is Freedoms and such to battle this but once you're out of those you're back to grandma marathon.

Should they have a longer CD? ICD maybe?
    What are your thoughts?
    Aren't you a hunter? Do you really want to complain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synagain View Post
    Aren't you a hunter? Do you really want to complain?
    /sigh

Yes, Hunter is the only class I have and only class I will ever play....

No I have many classes, and tbh doesn't matter what class I play as a main (Feral) the issue is still there

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    /sigh

Yes, Hunter is the only class I have and only class I will ever play....

No I have many classes, and tbh doesn't matter what class I play as a main (Feral) the issue is still there
    I also primarily play a Feral, mostly random BG's. I'll say that my inability to stick on certain targets is way more complicated due to the seemingly never-DR'd mix of Stuns (Charge stun x 2, Shockwave, Storm Bolt) or (Cheap Shot, Kidney Shot, Paralytic Poison) or the Fears that aren't treated as Fears (Blood Horror, Fear, Howl of Terror).

Slows as a Feral? Np. Power-shifting is like 75% of the reason I can even stand the spec in PvP.