Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Where does the intimidation come from? The fear of dying from a bullet to the head. A mugger doesn't walk up to someone and say "I'm going to put this gun in your face, but I'm not going to kill you. I just want your bike." If he said that, would he get the bike? No. Because there is no fear of dying. When someone puts a gun to your face the intent to kill is there. The victim is given a choice in whether to do as the mugger says or die.
    Yes, as a mugger, I'm going to take away my only leverage to get what I want from you. Said no mugger ever. Most people would rather not deal with the moral dilemma that is killing another human being over a motorcycle. Of course, that's not what most untrained civilians would think when the chance of death seems to be high if one doesn't comply.

There's a difference between a thief and a killer. This man (the one with the gun, hat, orange shirt, that got shot) was a thief. He pointed the gun at the rider multiple times, plently of chances to waste the guy if that was what he wanted. He gave the guy time to get the keys out of his pocket and give them to him.

I agree that the man deserved to go to jail. Probably to be shot, being that he was armed with a gun. But he didn't deserve to lay bleeding out on the ground as the ambulance sat behind him. No one deserves that. Without respect for each other like that, we are no better than beasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Can't wait to see Thrall's kid and Garrosh's kid in school together -"HAHA MY DAD'S ARMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DAD'S ARMY"

10+ Year Old Account
    He was probably shot because he was a dbag wearing sandals, riding bitch on a motorcycle, more than he was trying to steal a bike. Lol, but seriously, I laughed. Got what he deserved.

As a brazilian that lived in sao paulo for over a decade. Yes it's that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-Stormrage View Post
    There's a difference between a thief and a killer. This man (the one with the gun, hat, orange shirt, that got shot) was a thief. He pointed the gun at the rider multiple times, plently of chances to waste the guy if that was what he wanted. He gave the guy time to get the keys out of his pocket and give them to him.

I agree that the man deserved to go to jail. Probably to be shot, being that he was armed with a gun. But he didn't deserve to lay bleeding out on the ground as the ambulance sat behind him. No one deserves that. Without respect for each other like that, we are no better than beasts.
    This was what I meant to say. I apologize for my previous (deleted) post, I horribly misread what Garnier Fructis said. He very well had every opportunity to kill the motorcycle driver at the first sign of disobedience. But he didn't. Riddle me this: why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymichael View Post
    Yes, as a mugger, I'm going to take away my only leverage to get what I want from you. Said no mugger ever. Most people would rather not deal with the moral dilemma that is killing another human being over a motorcycle. Of course, that's not what most untrained civilians would think when the chance of death seems to be high if one doesn't comply.
    So now your saying that only an untrained civilian would think that a mugger would kill him for his stuff. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scum got what he deserved, he should be happy to be alive.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    This was what I meant to say. I apologize for my previous (deleted) post, I horribly misread what Garnier Fructis said. He very well had every opportunity to kill the motorcycle driver at the first sign of disobedience. But he didn't. Riddle me this: why?
    So he wouldn't be a murderer along with a thief. If he was caught later, he would only face theft charges. But just because he doesn't want to shoot doesn't mean he won't. Assuming a mugger won't shoot is suicide when facing someone with a gun pointed at your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he wouldn't be a murderer along with a thief. If he was caught later, he would only face theft charges. But just because he doesn't want to shoot doesn't mean he won't. Assuming a mugger won't shoot is suicide when facing someone with a gun pointed at your face.
    Perhaps. But what exactly is the alternative? The video itself says that the motorcycle rider was lucky their was a cop nearby. If you don't know what the mugger will do if you don't comply what do you? I'd bet comply. This is the purpose of intimidation with a lethal weapon.

If you were interested in robbing a convenience store or something, you would need to compel the cashier to comply in some way.Typically, force is the only way to do so. How ridiculous would it be if someone tried to hold you up with nothing at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. But what exactly is the alternative? The video itself says that the motorcycle rider was lucky their was a cop nearby. If you don't know what the mugger will do if you don't comply what do you? I'd bet comply. This is the purpose of intimidation with a LETHAL WEAPON.

If you were interested in robbing a convenience store or something, you would need to compel the cashier to comply in some way.Typically, force is the only way to do so. How ridiculous would it be if someone tried to hold you up with nothing at all?
    That is the part you aren't getting. Threatening someone with lethal force is showing an intent to kill them if they don't comply. Of course your going to comply with the threat of dying looking you in the face. That's why there are posters that are okay with the mugger getting shot. He threatened the guy with the bike with lethal force.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the part you aren't getting. Threatening someone with lethal force is showing an intent to kill them if they don't comply. Of course your going to comply with the threat of dying looking you in the face. That's why there are posters that are okay with the mugger getting shot. He threatened the guy with the bike with lethal force.
    I think he probably didn't have an intent to kill. Just like the officer who actually used lethal force probably didn't have an intent to kill. I suppose you think otherwise. It would seem pointless to continue debating because of this fundamental disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Instant karma!

Did he died though?
    That's not karma at all. Karma is having his own bike stolen.
    That kid did not deserve to die for trying to bike-jack someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    That's not karma at all. Karma is having his own bike stolen.
    That kid did not deserve to die for trying to bike-jack someone.
    Why not?

If he's willing to pull a gun on someone to rob them, they know the risks that they are taking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Why not?

If he's willing to pull a gun on someone to rob them, they know the risks that they are taking.
    No one deserves to die for their actions. I'm no Christian, but hate the sin, not the sinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he probably didn't have an intent to kill. Just like the officer who actually used lethal force probably didn't have an intent to kill. I suppose you think otherwise. It would seem pointless to continue debating because of this fundamental disagreement.
    The officer used lethal force because of the threat of lethal force from the mugger. The mugger already had a gun pointed at someone with the threat of murder. Big difference between the two. And I do think otherwise. You don't point a gun at someone's face and later say "I wasn't going to kill him." The threatening with lethal force is showing your willingness to use it. Hence, you have the intent to kill if you don't get your way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I get the thief got what he deserved, but anyone getting pleasure from this is sick. I got no pleasure from this, it was a little sad actually but I won't lose any sleep, but pleasure? Oh please

10+ Year Old Account
    The officer used lethal force because of the threat of lethal force from the mugger. The mugger already had a gun pointed at someone with the threat of murder. Big difference between the two. And I do think otherwise. You don't point a gun at someone's face and later say "I wasn't going to kill him." The threatening with lethal force is showing your willingness to use it. Hence, you have the intent to kill if you don't get your way.
    Sigh... if you insist.

You don't point a gun at someone's face and later say "I wasn't going to kill him.
    Prove he was going to shoot him then.

No one deserves to die for their actions. I'm no Christian, but hate the sin, not the sinner.
    Eye for an eye is perfect retribution,

- - - Updated - - -

Prove he was going to shoot him then.
    Or prove that he wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Why not?

I didn't say he shouldn't expect to not die. I said if he did die, it wouldn't have been deserved.

That doesn't really work though.

The person is commiting the action. The sin is in the intent, and if someone has evil in their heart, theres not much you're going to be able to do about it.