View Poll Results: Do you identify as a centrist, right-wing, left-wing, or other?

Voters
130. This poll is closed
  • (moderate) Left-wing/center-left

48 36.92%
  • Centrist

10 7.69%
  • (moderate) Right-wing/center-right

21 16.15%
  • Far-left.

23 17.69%
  • Far-right

9 6.92%
  • Other

19 14.62%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't identify as anything. I approach each issue from a neutral standpoint and I do my best to understand the concerns of all sides. I do this mainly to avoid being branded with a label that leads to people making assumptions about my opinions.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2014-03-29 at 11:31 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I said what I want to say right now, I'd be banned from this website for life.
    My result, btw

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.92

Life is short Glory is eternal

Interesting, those are mostly my political views, too.

- - - Updated - - -

we'll go with "on the right."

Anarchism can be right or left.

EDIT: That's my result:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    it's hard to tell if it's really a right wing or left wing thing. on one hand, it's anti-establishment and pro-freedom and interested in questioning power, but the late form of anarchy would be simply another establishment by those with power (whoever has the guns, or brute strength, or cunning to trick and swindle people would win), and new governments would inevitably be set up in dictatorial, anti-democratic fashion.
    But the second someone gains power over others, it's no longer anarchy, is it?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Chart says the Dalai Lama agrees with me.

I am in favor of things like Universal HC, a minimum income for all house holds to get people above the poverty line "Cushy" prisons with rehabilitation. Aqueduct education funding for schools and universities. Increased funding to scientific research to combat human aging and other diseases, NASA and other physics related funding. Reforming tax payer foreign aid to be more efficient at promoting education. (there have been cases in which foreign aid actually kills jobs there, and the military arms we give actually will be used against innocent people. There is a right way to do foreign aid and a wrong way).

However, I am critical of excessive surveillance, excessive copyright protections from the government. Legalization of marijuana. Decriminalize simple possession of ownership of ALL drugs. I support cutting the US military budget over time by 47% and closing many of our foreign military bases which are expensive to maintain. Strongly against life sentences for all offenders under the age of 21, against the death penalty since it goes against the philosophy of containment and goes into the category of excessive force and revenge.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/prin...2.38&soc=-7.08

Economic Left/Right: -2.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2014-03-29 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    But the second someone gains power over others, it's no longer anarchy, is it?
    I guess anarchy is sort of self-defeating isn't it?

Heh, would never guessed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a shade too far left to be considered center-left.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

just slightly to the left

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess anarchy is sort of self-defeating isn't it?
    Yeah, there will always be someone with the will and means to rise to power.

Deleted

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64

I've done this test a few times, seems to be going more and more to the left every time...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm apart of the "All the parties can go to hell party" so...

Some of these questions are kindof ridiculous, though. Like the astrology question.

Looks like I'm pretty much where Gandhi was :P
    Interesting
    I'm actually kind of surprised how far left my results came out. I remember sitinctly disagreeing with a handful of "leftist" statements in the quiz. Figured I'd be more center-left.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2014-03-30 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean honestly they come up at least once a month. How many times do I have to say I am left center?
    But thegravemind personally needs to back up his anecdotal observations of "our community" with something more... anecdotal.

On topic.. I'm a mmo-champion is no community, even it were who the fuck cares how they lean politically, and like fuck a volunteer pole could accurately sample a forum like this leaner...
    Last edited by openair; 2014-03-30 at 12:38 AM.

I am not super far from center but have leanings that push me to the right economically and up politically.
    Last edited by Immorality; 2014-03-30 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so. I went to fill that out...

I don't understand "Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races." What the hell am I comparing humans to? We are the only intelligent race on earth that I know of... I can't even skip that questions and I don't understand it one bit.
    Aye mate

I don't like the poll choices.
    I think most people have a party or ideology they agree with frequently, but ultimately are independent, which is very, very different than centrist.
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever people want to make of this...

I consider myself a libertarian with left leaning tendencies

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.