Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemi13 View Post
    "The world isn't getting smaller, there's just less in it."
    what does adding new continents and zones and quests add if you have no way of progressing your character. If you progress your character through questing and quest gear, isn't that a different game completely?

    wow is all about the end game. its the lucky slots system of looting gear and getting new items and becoming more powerful. if you had to quest forever i think people would get pissed off.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Your point is like Waldo, I can't find it. make heroic gear as good as LFR gear, done deal.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Actually your "embracers" are the vocal minority on MMO champion

    100k used the boost so far? You realize that is like, nothing right?

    Heirlooms for JP was fine, paying gold for them was stupid. the whole 30% you had didn't do much
    100k that we can see from the gear they still had equipped, that is not the total, and it only reflected some of the pre-orders, not those who will be using it on a traditional purchase.
    Some may be waiting to use a boost, some may not want to.
    Some may yet pre-order.

    If the entirety of the gear was replaced quickly, then they would not be counted in those statistics.

    Embraced as shown pretty clearly in dungeons, and the in-game attitudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what does adding new continents and zones and quests add if you have no way of progressing your character. If you progress your character through questing and quest gear, isn't that a different game completely?

    wow is all about the end game. its the lucky slots system of looting gear and getting new items and becoming more powerful. if you had to quest forever i think people would get pissed off.
    Sorry if you took my Jack Sparrow quote out of context. I was basically saying that people have been playing this game for so long that there isn't anything left to be discovered. OP said the world was tiny, I was merely saying it was not, there's just nothing left to be discovered.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemi13 View Post
    Sorry if you took my Jack Sparrow quote out of context. I was basically saying that people have been playing this game for so long that there isn't anything left to be discovered. OP said the world was tiny, I was merely saying it was not, there's just nothing left to be discovered.
    Things don't have to be discovered. But they can be re-discovered. There would only come good things from using older content more, in a modern context with relevant and up-to-date rewards. It's not like people dislike old content, they just don't always like the thought of questing through it for the umpteenth time.

    Raiding the Icecrown Citadel for relevant rewards, however?
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Things don't have to be discovered. But they can be re-discovered. There would only come good things from using older content more, in a modern context with relevant and up-to-date rewards. It's not like people dislike old content, they just don't always like the thought of questing through it for the umpteenth time.

    Raiding the Icecrown Citadel for relevant rewards, however?
    And having to spend time updating old raid content with new class mechanics in mind, which would be a necessity for them to have relevant rewards, and it would likely take resources away from new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  6. #186
    Blizzard wont make wow hard though (in terms of being out in the world). They removed the vast majority of elites (Loch Modan Ogres) to put the final nail in world leveling parties.

    Tbh you dont even have to leave a city after you hit level 15. Although the dungeon finder tool is excellent, it also takes the social part out.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Blizzard wont make wow hard though (in terms of being out in the world). They removed the vast majority of elites (Loch Modan Ogres) to put the final nail in world leveling parties.

    Tbh you dont even have to leave a city after you hit level 15. Although the dungeon finder tool is excellent, it also takes the social part out.
    Elites or group quests only worked when the population was active.
    That was only during the initial levelling glut when it was new.

    They forced group cooperation, which is anything but social.
    Forced interaction does not make community, but the desire to work together on something.
    See someone struggling and you offer help, even though you get nothing out of it.
    That is what the community should be about, but instead it is all "ME, ME, ME, What do I get out of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I do think that levelling has become way too easy. It's really hard getting killed while questing. Then again, next expansion, there will be 100 levels for new chars. It might be super cool and interesting to grind all those levels out vanilla style (harder questing etc). But I'll pass.
    Levelling is too easy and fast perhaps, but I'll take it over 2 months of getting to level cap.
    Levelling is only easy cause you have done it before. Was it easy the first time you did it? I will have to call b.s if you say yes. I rember it being hard the first time and after watching my wife do it for the first time recently it brought back fawn memories lol. She was getting steam rolled by stuff most of the time lol. And before someone says its because she is a chic and chic's suck, she is a avid gamer before I got her into wow. I think the same applys to the cry babys that say raiding is to easy. Its not that it really is easy and more of that we have done it threw 16 tiers. If you havnt got to a point where it gets easier after that long I envy and pitty you at the same time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what does adding new continents and zones and quests add if you have no way of progressing your character. If you progress your character through questing and quest gear, isn't that a different game completely?

    wow is all about the end game. its the lucky slots system of looting gear and getting new items and becoming more powerful. if you had to quest forever i think people would get pissed off.
    This...Lets be honest lvling blows! Every thing you do till you lvl cap is in vein. Gear progression? whats the point ?its going to be junk when you get to the new zone. That is a very important part of a mmo, its the carrot to the stick and with out that its just a shitty game

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You mean the same world where you could just fly over everything dangerous?

    Think about how silly the phased Stranglethorn in Cataclysm was. Having a bunch of Lv.85 mobs in it didn't make it any more dangerous than it was before.
    Even with Flying what makes you think removing flying is going to change the people who stay in the major city and just que up for Instances/Raids? Like I said before in a post

    "Removing Flying isn't changing anything, because I'll still sit the major city as I que up, all removing Flying does is make me not want to finish the Zones I didn't touch once I hit max level."

    Next time you log on to wow, look at all the people in your major city and think, is no flying going to make these people wanna go explore more? simple answer = "Hell NO"

    All I know of Wow is how big my major city is. and that is all I care about how big the world should be.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-04-03 at 07:54 PM.

  10. #190
    I wish they would update the old world dragons. Those were pretty fun.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Raiding the Icecrown Citadel for relevant rewards, however?
    Oh my... I can't hide my excitement over doing the stuff we did for a year again...

    For the new players it might be a fun thing to visit old content in a somewhat intended difficulty (pretty much everything was different during ICC, dps, healing, tanking so it won't be exactly the same) but I'd rather have new content instead. Bear in mind that some of the old content is *really* old too. You can't expect too much from something which was available to people for up to 10 years being relevant again.

    Imagine if ICC was relevant for 4.5 years and you did it once -let's be generous- a month for whatever reason. Would you still be interested in raiding ICC for justice/valour/whatever points?

  12. #192
    Wow used to be the most social MMO ever but through time people kept complaining about how tedious and boring all the social and world mechanics were.
    Meeting stones, group quests, walking to the instance, making groups, joining guilds, world pvp, leveling, traveling.
    The result of this feedback was LFR, remove group quests, remove meeting stones, end any kind of world pvp and LFG-leveling.

    So basically "we" are the responsibles for this changes...

    Only now the developers realized how bad this changes impacted the world and what we have today is what i like to call "Timeless Isle content".
    I absolutelly love it because everything is there from exploration to world pvp and world bosses. It feels like "leveling" at max level but with awesome rewards.

    What i hate the most of this situation is the fact that A LOT of people still hate the social aspects of WoW (Timeless Isle haters), so basically this means that convenience cannot simply be removed to bring back "the world" because a lot of people just love "solo WoW" and dont give a crap about other players.
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2014-04-03 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by karspearhollow View Post
    I'm not interested in arguing with you about whether leveling has ever been "difficult," but you are 100% kidding yourself if you think leveling characters and raid gearing them could be done as quickly and efficiently as it can today.

    If it's true that you had 6 level capped, truly raid geared characters in vanilla, you are a member of a very small minority. Not because it was difficult, but because it was a grind.
    Well the grind was the same. It's not like you got gear slower. You could still full clear raids every week, and with only one difficulty and a good guild that wasn't that ridiculous.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

    Do you remember the old game, when World of Warcraft was a world, and not just a continent?

    Well, I do. I miss it. I am so sad about the fact that Blizzard only ever look ahead to the next continent and its new endgame content. If they'd only bring the old content with them, then we'd have so much more to do. The world would be so much bigger.

    Instead of wanting to pay to skip levelling up new characters, we should be overjoyed and excited about the prospect of adventuring in The Barrens and the Thousand Needles. Going to Desolace or the Arathi Highlands should be just as viable an option as questing in the newest zones.

    I'm sure we could enjoy playing through old content when levelling alts today, but there's honestly not much time to do so. You level so quickly, you never have the time to soak up the atmosphere of the zones, or to finish their stories.

    I think the solution is to stop seeing the old world as simply levelling content. It needs a greater purpose, goals and objectives that are relevant with every expansion.

    The first step would be scaling content so that the world remains menacing even after you've levelled up. Your power should have increased enough for you to notice a difference, but you should still have to stay on your guard when enemies are near.

    The second step would be to introduce content across the game which is always relevant. An example would be to grind old (now scaled) dungeons and raids for points. Another would be to spread the content of new expansions more evenly across the game world.

    What do you think on this topic - has Blizzard gone too far in neglecting the old world?
    You do realize that with your raid and dungeon idea that people are just gonna pick the most efficient ones right? So a lot of those old dungeons will be ignored. Also I am assuming that people also can choose to scale the raids and dungeons so people solo them if they want transmog gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Wow used to be the most social MMO ever but through time people kept complaining about how tedious and boring all the social and world mechanics were.
    Meeting stones, group quests, walking to the instance, making groups, joining guilds, world pvp, leveling, traveling.
    The result of this feedback was LFR, remove group quests, remove meeting stones, end any kind of world pvp and LFG-leveling.

    So basically "we" are the responsibles for this changes...

    Only now the developers realized how bad this changes impacted the world and what we have today is what i like to call "Timeless Isle content".
    I absolutelly love it because everything is there from exploration to world pvp and world bosses. It feels like "leveling" at max level but with awesome rewards.

    What i hate the most of this situation is the fact that A LOT of people still hate the social aspects of WoW (Timeless Isle haters), so basically this means that convenience cannot simply be removed to bring back "the world" because a lot of people just love "solo WoW" and dont give a crap about other players.
    There are still meeting stones. As for everything else, there was always exploration in MoP, you didn't fly til max. You explored while leveling. World Bosses existed before Timeless Isle in MoP so that didn't bring anything new. Timeless Isle didn't have IMO many if any social aspects at all. I never communicated to anyone on there at all if I was by myself. That rare mob, well I just killed it and others joined in. That isn't very social. Are you gonna bring up the Celestials and making a group for them is social, yea it is to a degree, but that is something that isn't new that Timeless brought either. There isn't anything on Timeless I saw that makes anything inconvenient. Also I am pretty sure you're wrong about people complaining about being social. It is true that there are anti social people, but it isn't the social aspect of making groups the problem people had, it was the TIME to make them. I never have seen a person go "god making a group for a dungeon was a pain, I had to TALK to people". No it was "god making a group for a dungeon was a pain, it took FOREVER". Yes you had a guild, but if noone was on or a tank or healer wasn't on or busy, then you look for one which could be a pain. Yes you can make a friend's list with good players, but you needed a TON to make sure you can grab one anytime you wanted. Make sure you play on a well populated server with your faction having lots of players. Don't confuse social with time wasted waiting.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2014-04-03 at 11:07 PM.

  15. #195
    Casuals don't care about the world, they just want to run through a raid and get their loot for that instant, easy and short-living gratification.

    So no, those times are long gone. Sadly.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

    Do you remember the old game, when World of Warcraft was a world, and not just a continent?

    Well, I do. I miss it. I am so sad about the fact that Blizzard only ever look ahead to the next continent and its new endgame content. If they'd only bring the old content with them, then we'd have so much more to do. The world would be so much bigger.

    Instead of wanting to pay to skip levelling up new characters, we should be overjoyed and excited about the prospect of adventuring in The Barrens and the Thousand Needles. Going to Desolace or the Arathi Highlands should be just as viable an option as questing in the newest zones.

    I'm sure we could enjoy playing through old content when levelling alts today, but there's honestly not much time to do so. You level so quickly, you never have the time to soak up the atmosphere of the zones, or to finish their stories.

    I think the solution is to stop seeing the old world as simply levelling content. It needs a greater purpose, goals and objectives that are relevant with every expansion.

    The first step would be scaling content so that the world remains menacing even after you've levelled up. Your power should have increased enough for you to notice a difference, but you should still have to stay on your guard when enemies are near.

    The second step would be to introduce content across the game which is always relevant. An example would be to grind old (now scaled) dungeons and raids for points. Another would be to spread the content of new expansions more evenly across the game world.

    What do you think on this topic - has Blizzard gone too far in neglecting the old world?
    Yes they have, and it's sad, because they blame flying mounts for the world being uninhabited, instead of blaming themselves for not giving us anything to do out there.

    500 channels and nothing to watch type of world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •