Regarding % damage on weapons.

Ok, so it's like this - I got a Thunderfury to drop, but it had pretty low damage. So I tried to roll either more damage, or the 10% damage affix.
    And I would assume the 10% damage affix would depend on the damage range on the weapon, but I did NOT get a 10% increase when I got it on my weapon.
    Can anyone explain to me how the 10% damage affix works?

Thank you in advance! <3

+% damage only increases your damage if your weapon has white damage. If it has fire, lightning, etc it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    +% damage only increases your damage if your weapon has white damage. If it has fire, lightning, etc it's useless.
    Today i learned...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Source for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Source for this?
    Game is your best source, go and try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Source for this?
    % damage increase only increases the weapon's damage. An increase in elemental damage (fire, lightning, cold) will affect skills of that type. For instance, I picked up Magefist last night with 19% fire damage increase so I changed all of my skills to use runes that change the damage from physical to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    % damage increase only increases the weapon's damage.
    To add to this, it increases all non-elemental damage on your weapon. For example, if two weapons have +10% damage, and are exactly the same except one weapon has +cold damage and one weapon has +damage (at the same amounts), the +damage weapon will hit much harder than the +cold damage weapon.

Basically all of the best weapons will have regular +damage instead of +elemental damage for this reason.