Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,718
    I do not think queing as a healer gives you faster que times.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    yea and only makes Your team loose badly...

    how do you figure? it doesn't give you a faster que, it doesn't limit the amount of healers in your team, it doesn't play your character for you, it doesn't make your opponents better. so how does is it "only makes your team loose badly.."?
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  3. #23
    Last time I got 6 healers in 10 man team. We lost because we were just able to stand and wait for death without ability to kill anybody. :P

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    They haven't ever forced players to do roles in bgs, why would they start now? I'm not sure how you can say it'll get worse since Horde queues are usually around 10-15 minutes and it's been like that for a very long time.

    If anything, this wont increase queues by a minute or two, it would probably increase queues to 30-45 minutes, which would be unacceptable. I'd rather go 10 DPS and actually PvP than sit in queue doing nothing since my PvP gear is weak to all the PvE geared players in world pvp.



    Prevent what? The role check for BGs doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's still only in there to prevent people from inviting a bunch of people and queuing with AFKers or people not wanting to BG.
    EU has 2-3 minute queues as Horde. 10 DPS vs 10 DPS isn't fun either and I doubt a lot of people think it's fun. Besides, you're missing the point, it would be 10 DPS Horde vs 7 DPS and 3 healers Alliance. Unless you outgear and outskill them by a HUGE, and I mean huge as in 2300 RBG rating vs 1800 RBG rating, you'll lose.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    EU has 2-3 minute queues as Horde. 10 DPS vs 10 DPS isn't fun either and I doubt a lot of people think it's fun. Besides, you're missing the point, it would be 10 DPS Horde vs 7 DPS and 3 healers Alliance. Unless you outgear and outskill them by a HUGE, and I mean huge as in 2300 RBG rating vs 1800 RBG rating, you'll lose.
    Sexy queue times... really jelly.


    But I'm not missing the point. I completely understand that 10 DPS vs 7 DPS and 3 Healers are most likely going to end in a loss for me. But US queue times are 15 minutes right now for 20 minute games. All day yesterday (approx 6 hours) I queued and got 2 healers at most in my games and most (~75%) of my games had 0 healers.

    So assuming losses, ~15 minute queue for a 20 minute game = ~35 minutes total for ~150 honor. But if I was to wait for 3 healers, I can probably safely assume that I'll be in queue for ~45 minutes for a 20 minute game = ~65 minutes for ~150 honor (loss).

    Maybe if I had less than 5 minute queues I'd be cool with that, but right now I can double my honor gain even if I lose every game right now.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  6. #26
    If you play a hybrid class you can que as what ever you want kinda stupid

  7. #27
    Can I get into those healer-filled alliance BGs? Whenever I play I seem to be meeting horde teams with full geared warriors and two full-geared healers steamrolling everyone.

    I'm just trying to gear up my alts, why won't you fuckers let me!! *glares at all healers* -.-

  8. #28
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the characters that has queued as healer get a healer sign whenever they enter and then get switched to dps if that is their current spec? If so, this would be the perfect time for a douche addon that tells on you. If you get voted off for this reason queuing as healer will soon not be worth it at all.

    Also, I usually queue only as dps when I heal a bg, the few minutes extra waiting is totally worth it on my realm. I am sure I'm not the only one but it probably does not even out in the end anyway.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the characters that has queued as healer get a healer sign whenever they enter and then get switched to dps if that is their current spec? If so, this would be the perfect time for a douche addon that tells on you. If you get voted off for this reason queuing as healer will soon not be worth it at all.

    Also, I usually queue only as dps when I heal a bg, the few minutes extra waiting is totally worth it on my realm. I am sure I'm not the only one but it probably does not even out in the end anyway.
    I'm not sure what you mean about voted off... you can't vote kick in BGs.

    Also, there's absolutely no difference in queue between choosing a Healer or DPS. The role function doesn't work, it's just there for giggles.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about voted off... you can't vote kick in BGs.

    Also, there's absolutely no difference in queue between choosing a Healer or DPS. The role function doesn't work, it's just there for giggles.
    Oh, well there you go. Funny how they said BG's is so big in wow but refuse to make easy fix's.

  11. #31
    An easy solution for this would be they locked players to use the healing spec if they are signed up as healer.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Oh, well there you go. Funny how they said BG's is so big in wow but refuse to make easy fix's.
    How do you know it's an easy fix? It was in game for a day or so before they took it out. I'm pretty sure it's a bigger fix then just pushing a button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    An easy solution for this would be they locked players to use the healing spec if they are signed up as healer.
    That wouldn't work, because then you'd do the same thing for Tank spec. In node maps, some teams make their tanks go DPS. Other times, maybe they only want 2 healers based on the team they are going against.

    Either way, it's a legacy function that doesn't work... I dont know why people think it means anything.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  13. #33
    All they need to do is implement a system that when you queue you must select one of your SPECS not Healer or Dps. Once you enter the BG you are switched to that spec you selected and cannot change it.

    Problem fucking solved.

    Bots issue you say? Implement a Captcha system like when you sign up for shit on the internet. You cant solve the Captcha you dont play the BG

    Problem Fucking solved

    I question Blizzard intelligence sometimes

  14. #34
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Bots issue you say?
    There wouldn't BE a bot issue if Blizzard did what they should have done in the first place: If you use any automation of any kind, you are permanently banned without any chance of getting account back from the first strike. No lenience at all.

    But unfortunately, money > integrity.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    All they need to do is implement a system that when you queue you must select one of your SPECS not Healer or Dps. Once you enter the BG you are switched to that spec you selected and cannot change it.

    Problem fucking solved.

    Bots issue you say? Implement a Captcha system like when you sign up for shit on the internet. You cant solve the Captcha you dont play the BG

    Problem Fucking solved

    I question Blizzard intelligence sometimes
    and what does this fix? nothing is what. The role que was disabled due to what it did to the ques. 25+ min for a horde q is a big no thank you.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •