Anyone else notice the GTX 760 underperforming?

I recently upgraded my pc and went from an I5 to an I7 and from a gtx 560ti to a gtx 760. I feel like my graphics card is underperforming but im not sure, I ran a heaven benchmark and compared to other 760s scores it seems to be fine but my fps in games doesn't seem as good as what people say the 760 should be getting. For example in assassins creed black flag I only get like 40-50 fps on medium settings and on WoW My FPS is around 30-40 fps in highly populated areas. Any Ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about assassin's creed, but upgrading your GPU isn't going to help your FPS in crowded areas in WoW. What i5 did you have, and what i7 do you have now?
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-03-30 at 07:49 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

i have an AMD 8320 and a gtx 760
    -bf4 90 fps in multiplayer (without AA and some other effects)
    -metro games on max 40-70 fps
    -farcry 3 just above 60fps on max
    -wow 25-150 fps

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is *extremely* CPU heavy. Upgrading a video card won't make nearly the same difference with WoW as it would on games which offload most of the work onto the GPU.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

WoW only cares how fast your CPU is. Overclock CPU for better frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jenkins View Post
    It's the 4770k @3.5ghz

Buying an overclockable CPU and then keeping it at stock is not the best idea Buy a good aftermarket cooler, and OC the poop outta it! Then you will see MINIMUM FPS in WoW increase. Might not go higher than 150 as you said you had earlier, but it will go higher than your previous minimum.

Would also help to know what your motherboard is. I'm hoping you have a Z87 or your not gonna be happy.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is completely CPU dependent on FPS past a mid range graphics card.

Black Flag is a horribly ported console game that's garbage in optimization for the PC all all around. 2500k@4.8Ghz and 4GB GTX 770 Classified SLI and I can't even play the game with PhysX and God Rays maxed out without hitting these stupid lag spikes that bring the game down to 30fps (Game is capped at 60 as is).

You would have seen less than a few frames per second difference in WoW between the i5 and the i7 IF that (nor any other game for that matter) and no difference between the cards. 2 terrible games to compare the performance of your graphics card. You can try completely uninstalling and installing video card drivers if you just tried to install new ones over the old ones, but you may not even have a real issue. Try a GPU biased game that isn't known to be poorly optimized (Battlefield for example).

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Would also help to know what your motherboard is. I'm hoping you have a Z87 or your not gonna be happy.
    Not sure about OP but I do have a z87 board, whats up with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digesspliff View Post
    Not sure about OP but I do have a z87 board, whats up with them?
    Can't overclock with a non-Z87 board.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    It's the Maximus VI Hero so that should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    Buying an overclockable CPU and then keeping it at stock is not the best idea Buy a good aftermarket cooler, and OC the poop outta it! Then you will see MINIMUM FPS in WoW increase. Might not go higher than 150 as you said you had earlier, but it will go higher than your previous minimum.
    Yeah I planned on OCing but I havent had the time or the money to get an aftermarket cooler. Gonna get one soon hopefully.