Thread: 100% Slows

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Barny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ventilation shaft. How do you know that?
    Posts
    1,182

    100% Slows

    Hey there.

    I know that some classes need snares, most of them being 50% reduced movement speed. Without them, shit wouldn't go down.

    What I'm wondering is why slows have to be constant, 100% uptime?
    Slows for the most part can be spammed by Warriors, Monks and Shamans

    Some classes you don't even have to think about snaring a target, Ferals, Rogues, Rets /w Burden etc.
    Yes there is Freedoms and such to battle this but once you're out of those you're back to grandma marathon.

    Should they have a longer CD? ICD maybe?
    What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  2. #2
    My thoughts? I hope you aren't actually posting this from the viewpoint of a Hunter... Which is conveniently left off both your lists (Conc Shot, auto-daze via Chim Shot, traps, etc.)

    All I can say is it's annoying. CC is so prevalent and part of everything done in PvP. It's boring and cheapens the entire experience.

  3. #3
    Difference is you can snare break concussive shot/chim shot and not expect a 2nd slow instantly.
    Not inheretly spammable like warrior/monk/rogue/etc.


    as for the op, they're removing alot of cc next expansion, maybe slows will be alot less frequent then too, but i doubt it, as it helps alot with melee who have even a little bit of latency issues.

  4. #4
    They should just make default runspeed 50% in bgs and arena and remove movement speed reduction skills.

    Speed boosts should still exist, just less of them and longer cds.

  5. #5
    I kind of wish there were not snares at all. Everyones snared all the time and it's just annoying walking that slow the whole round.

  6. #6
    1) Remove things like hand of freedom / master's call / burst of speed. That way slows will have a reason to feel meaningful again. Also remove all passive / enchanted movement speed.

    2) Make snares a separate button with an actual resource cost. In the current system warrior hamstring works best, along with perhaps monk disable which is basically a hamstring that refreshes while monk is near. Needless to say, that also means lowering mobility across the board for both melee AND ranged classes.

    The main problem with current pvp is that, among other things, there's indeed too many slows and too many ways to deal with slows. Worst offenders are mages, rogues and feral druids with theirs not even needing a button, alongside those classes being able to shake most slows / snares off at no cost.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-03-30 at 07:10 AM.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Barny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ventilation shaft. How do you know that?
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    My thoughts? I hope you aren't actually posting this from the viewpoint of a Hunter... Which is conveniently left off both your lists (Conc Shot, auto-daze via Chim Shot, traps, etc.)
    I'm actually posting this from a PoV of many classes, Hunter happens to be one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  8. #8
    Elemental Lord draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    8,142
    I'm still learning my newly boosted priest but I have found it a frustrating experience, warriors in particular, the minute you get some distance you're charged and snared, get some distance again jumped and snared, get some distance again charged and snared. Just a continuous circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    6.1 convinced me to leave the game. 6.2 confirmed my choice.
    And now they kill Warhammer...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm still learning my newly boosted priest but I have found it a frustrating experience, warriors in particular, the minute you get some distance you're charged and snared, get some distance again jumped and snared, get some distance again charged and snared. Just a continuous circle.
    I know this feeling, even as a hunter. warriors are so hard to kite these days.
    not as bad as good monks though, you cant ever get them off you.

  10. #10
    I like the Paladin one (Because you have to give up a Talent Point for that and pass on on another valuable talent), and the Monk one as it is from Melee, and it costs Resource + a global Cooldown. Most others not s o much, like Hunter has just everything, including a slow, especially since Hunters have many buttons already. Maybe they need like a Talent frozen Arrows that slows people, and they will have to make a choice between that or Intimidation for example.

    Feral is bad also: Free autoslow without any cost or backdraft. In General I believe Classes should be more diverse, and have less CC. Everyone having slow is not really adding to that diversity, and does not help with the massive CC of everyone.

    Especially since there are things in place such as Warriors with Charge and Heroic Leap, and DKs have UH presence, Death's Advance, Death Grip to reach their enemies maybe slows could be removed from these classes and their abilities enhanced to close gaps easier from Casters who kite with instant casts.

    So for Example DKs could have Death Grip bigger range, and a PvP Set passive passive that reduces Death Grip CD if struck by a range Spell or Attack instead of the Chains of Ice slow ability, and Warriors something similar.

    Or maybe Shamans could have a passive named "hunting instinct" that increases their movement speed over time while in PvP combat the longer they are in spirit wolf form instead of Ice Shock, or just suck it up and have tons of various totems with all sorts of shenanigans Heal DPS negate Spells Stuns and what have you not but just no Slow, let other classes have slow. Shamans have enough Buttons already.

    Seriously, I have all 11 Classes and usually ennjoy their Diversity, like an Unholy DK who empowers their Ghoul plays differently from, say, a Fire Mage who has these long casts and hard-hitting Pyroblasts who in turn is different from a Paladin et cetera but they all have slows, what is that for?

    Or why Warlock has a baseline Slow & 2xFear as well as well as 2 Talent rows which can grant additional Fear & Slow? That is beyond me.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  11. #11
    Try to play a melee class without a slow and see why slows exist, that is all.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Barny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ventilation shaft. How do you know that?
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Try to play a melee class without a slow and see why slows exist, that is all.
    I have a Feral, DK and Rogue. THe DK is the only one that really NEEDS slows
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  13. #13
    Base runspeed just needs to be nerfed. You remove a lot of latency issues that way as well

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    I have a Feral, DK and Rogue. THe DK is the only one that really NEEDS slows
    Not sure if cereal!

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,451
    Because without them someone with 300 latency would be a literate unbeatable god <- FACT.

  16. #16
    Just saying, you guys sure got the memo that this issue among several other CC-related PvP issues is getting addressed as soon as the xpac prepatch hits, which happens to be the very next patch we'll see. In other words, they know things are off now, they'll do something about it, they just won't do anything in between since it wouldn't make sense to mess with things now when they're already being worked on.
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

  17. #17
    Every melee should have some kind of "passive" slow in PvP, like OP Ferals have it on Mangle. I've missed that on my Monk and Warrior when you loose a GC and energy/rage, if you want to apply snares on your opponent. It is fucking hard to stay in a 5y radius when everything (casters and Hunter) is jumping around you and kill you from save distance.
    Slow is the only "cc" mechanic which is not op in PvP, when we talk about melees. In the hand of Hunter and Moonkin it is a bit OP, i agree here. I have much harder times against Fear, Stun and Root other than Slow ...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Base runspeed just needs to be nerfed. You remove a lot of latency issues that way as well
    You must be trolling, if base movement speed was reduced by 50 % I would quit the game.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Torne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Difference is you can snare break concussive shot/chim shot and not expect a 2nd slow instantly.
    Not inheretly spammable like warrior/monk/rogue/etc.


    as for the op, they're removing alot of cc next expansion, maybe slows will be alot less frequent then too, but i doubt it, as it helps alot with melee who have even a little bit of latency issues.
    Actually they will make pretty much all slows automatic to reduce buttons. At least Warriors will have their slow automatically applied on their main attack.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Every melee should have some kind of "passive" slow in PvP, like OP Ferals have it on Mangle. I've missed that on my Monk and Warrior when you loose a GC and energy/rage, if you want to apply snares on your opponent. It is fucking hard to stay in a 5y radius when everything (casters and Hunter) is jumping around you and kill you from save distance.
    Woah, a monk/warrior complaining that its hard to stay in a 5yd radius...what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    6.1 convinced me to leave the game. 6.2 confirmed my choice.
    And now they kill Warhammer...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •