MoP version of BH and VoA?

So I was told instead of going into instances to kill bosses that have a chance at dropping "free" gear, you kill world bosses now. I believe one of them is Sha of Anger and I forget what the other one is called. But now that they're out in the world how do you organize a group when everybody is spread out? I grabbed oqueue but I'm not sure what keywords to search for.

Deleted
    there are 5 bosses on Timeless isle which drop end game tier gear

Deleted
    to be fair farming sha is pointless the gear that drops in timeless isle is far better then what sha of anger drops.

Sha of Anger and Galleon are the T14 ones, they drop itemlevel 496 PvE gear. Nalak and Oondasta are the T15 ones, they drop itemlevel 522 PvE gear. Then there is Celestials and Ordos. Only one Celestial can give you loot per week and for Ordos you need the legendary cloak to even be eligble for loot. Celestials drop itemlevel 553 PvE gear and Ordos drops itemlevel 559 PvE gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    In tier 14 Sha of Anger + Galleon, Tier 15 Nalak + Oondasta, currently Celestials + Ordos + Timeless Isle gear.

Deleted
    The one that drops current tier gear (553 pve; 550 pvp) is August Celestials. You can queue for them by going to the "other raids" button in the default blizzard interface and clicking world bosses.

Nalak drops 522, you could queue for that in oqueue.

Galleon drops 596, ditto.

I miss the old VoA / BH, server factions duking it out to take control of the Island, which in result gives you Dailies and a Raid zone for the duration.

There is nothing like this in MoP, just open world raid bosses

Oh wow, very helpful answers. So basically, for current relevant gear I kill a celestial on timeless isle once a week. Any of the celestials will count right? Or can I kill one of each per week?

And for Nalak, is that listed as "ordos" on the other raid feature? People throw out so many names and it's hard to keep track. If not do people still kill Nalak?

I don't have legendary cape so Galleon is not on my radar.

T14 level gear: Sha of Anger (Kun-Lai Summit), or Galleon (Valley of the Four Winds)
    T15 level gear: Nalak (Isle of Thunder), or Oondasta (Isle of Giants)
    T16 level gear: August Celestials (Timeless Isle), or Ordon (Timeless Isle, requires Legendary Cloak)

For the T16 bosses the easiest way is just show up on Tuesday and jump in a group, lots of people killing them then. You don't actually have to be in a group, just damage the boss and you'll get loot (or a chance at loot anyways) when it dies. Also keep in mind that you can only get loot from the August Celestials once per week, regardless of which one you kill (though they all give the same loot, so it doesn't matter which one of the four you defeat).

For the older world bosses, oqueue is a decent option... my server also has "world tour" pugs which just go around and kill all the world bosses, but I don't know if there's anything like that on your server.

LFR is generally a more reliable way of getting gear, though also more time consuming and it requires a minimum ilvl before you can queue up.

1) Sha of Anger - Kun-Lai
    2) Galleon - Valley of Four Winds
    3) Oondasta - Isle of Giants (pray your group isn't derptastic)
    4) Nalak - Isle of Thunder
    5) Celestials - Timeless Isle
    6) Ordos - Timeless Isle (but you need the legendary cloak on at least 1 toon on your account to access him)

Open your dungeon journal, go to the raid tab and click "Pandaria". Shows the loot table. Also they all have random mount drops. On a low drop rate. A REALLY low drop rate. Like, they might as well not exist.

The first 2-4 drop gear from earlier tiers which may or may not be useful, on the other hand they're super easy and you can find groups on openraid without much trouble. Don't forget you can use the respective charms on each one (first two = Elder Charms, second two = Mogu Charms, last two = SoO charms).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I miss the old VoA / BH, server factions duking it out to take control of the Island, which in result gives you Dailies and a Raid zone for the duration.

Good in theory, not practice. Most servers being imbalanced didn't help. And at this point, players want to play on their own time. So those who can't play very much, BH and VoA you can get on the wrong side of losing for limited play time and can't do them.

- - - Updated - - -

If you used the instant 90, it will have a high enough Ilvl to do Throne of Thunder LFR but not Siege of Org.

You unlock the next stage of LFR after clearing the previous one, can only get one attempt at loot once per boss per week.

Blizzard has IMO quite a good guide for what to do at 90 for returning players they put up 2 days ago. MMO-C has a link to it on the blue tracker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

Sometimes, Alliance on my old server couldn't get Wintergrasp for the whole week. 99 stacks of Tenacity don't help when you're one against 250. Through world bosses now everyone is able to get some gear.

MoP is really missing this. They give you the gear and hand it out via the world bosses on timeless isle .... but having to battle for the zone to be able to do the bosses in previous expansions really added a lot to the game. Tol Barad was consistently fun for a really long time.