Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Old Ironjaw" - Fishing ach.

Can that still be completed?

In 9 years I have not caught him...... and I am guessing I have made 5000+ casts to get him over the years... I have a new 90 rogue that I started fishing today..... another 225 casts..... still nothing...... I once saw a guy get it, but that was a few years ago.

Deleted
    Yes I had been fishing for Old Ironjaw / Old Crafty for ages in WotLK and Cata. Recently came back and got both in about a week with a few hundred casts, RNG is RNG.

Last edited by mmocdf563b865a; 2014-03-31 at 02:11 AM.

I wonder what the actual drop rate is. Took me 500+ runs to get the Baron's Mount.

I caught iron jaw within 100 casts, caught a second one within 5 casts after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they took it out. I got mine fairly quickly when I decided to actually sit in IF and go for it, a while ago, but it's always going to be an RNG question. The time I didn't spend on getting Old Crafty I spent double on getting the Dalaran sewer rat, so just have to sit through the RNG and get it.

Haha..... I finally got it today. My rogue must have made 500 casts, easily. When it popped, I had this huge blast of happiness, that last all of 2 seconds, and then the excitement was gone. Old Ironjaw was my white whale of fishing..... see what I did there?

Anyway, as soon as the excitement was gone, I made a decision to NEVER FISH AGAIN on any character I have that has less than 600 in fishing. In fact, I pretty much have decided that I will only level my monk past 600 in the future unless there is some compelling reason to level other characters.

Once upon a time when I was fishing for that, I just past by and since I had nothing to do I said to myself "ah, let's fish a little". And on the first cast, boom, Old Ironjaw. Iput my fishing pole back and left like nothing happened, while the jaw of the other dude fishing there was somewhere on the ground. Fuck RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Once upon a time when I was fishing for that, I just past by and since I had nothing to do I said to myself "ah, let's fish a little". And on the first cast, boom, Old Ironjaw. Iput my fishing pole back and left like nothing happened, while the jaw of the other dude fishing there was somewhere on the ground. Fuck RNG
    It used to have a bugged high drop rate if you were on the croc quest (might have been other bugs with it too but its been awhile)

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Haha..... I finally got it today.
    Congratulations!!!

Seems RNG God blessed you this time!!

10+ Year Old Account
    14000+ casts on my main and still no Old Ironjaw, The One that didn't get away, or sea turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    14000+ casts on my main and still no Old Ironjaw, The One that didn't get away, or sea turtle.
    Never liked The One That Didn't Get Away achievement since Old Ironjaw/Crafty, Sea Turtle and Giant Dalaran Rat don't count for the achievement. eventually got my Dark Herring near the end of Cataclysm.

Still there. Gnome fished it up a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yeah, I saw a lower level character get it on about his 10th cast.... I had been there for an hour..... that was about 2 years ago, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it took me 2000 casts to get the one from Orgrimmar, and this was in early 2009. Still waiting to get Old Ironjaw, and think I am closing up on 2000 casts there aswell by now, and still nothing.

Dalaran Sewer rat I got on cast nr. 105...

The turtle... Not even trying, as I've been through a lot of schools through other purposes, yet nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got him randomly while leveling fishing..wasn't even trying

Still trying for the bootbay win.. i don't like competition

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, how the hell do you guys know how many times you cast? lol I never pay attn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Just curious, how the hell do you guys know how many times you cast? lol I never pay attn.
    You can see how many things you've caught via the Statistics window but that's not going to reflect all casts you've made.

Deleted
    You should show more respect to my grandpa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 300 casts in and have not seen it. The other day a guy came up next to me, got his 25 fishing achievement immediately followed by the Ironjaw achievement. RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    I'm about 300 casts in and have not seen it. The other day a guy came up next to me, got his 25 fishing achievement immediately followed by the Ironjaw achievement. RNG is RNG.
    Well, I found out that the drop rate is .01% so, it could be a while even if the RNG gods aren't against you.