Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde/Ally Win Rate!

A few weeks ago I said I was going to track my win rate via Battle grounds. Well I just geared 10 horde characters in the new season Still Working on gearing my boosted Horde monk than I will do 11 character on the ally side.

So the numbers (These numbers are based off of my personal experience, others experience may differ.)

Horde

Alterac Valley 98 Won - 47 Lost

Arathi Basin 20 Won - 11 Lost

Deepwind Gorge 37 Won - 11 Lost

Eye of the Storm 23 Won - 17 Lost

Isle of Conquest 33 Won - 13 Lost

Silvershard Mines 35 Won - 14 Lost

Strand of the Ancients 21 Won - 7 Lost

Temple of Kotmogu 30 Won - 17 Lost

The Battle for Gilneas 25 Won - 16 Lost

Twin Peaks 18 Won - 15 Lost

Warsong Gulch 22 Won - 15 Lost

Alliance

Alterac Valley 40 Won - 11 Lost

Arathi Basin 5 Won - 8 Lost

Deepwind Gorge 1 Won - 8 Lost

Eye of the Storm 2 Won - 10 Lost

Isle of Conquest 17 Won - 0 Lost

Silvershard Mines 2 Won - 3 Lost

Strand of the Ancients 2 Won - 3 Lost

Temple of Kotmogu 4 Won - 3 Lost

The Battle for Gilneas 1 Won - 7 Lost

Twin Peaks 8 Won - 12 Lost

Warsong Gulch 4 Won - 7 Lost

Total

Horde 385 Won -188 Lost

Alliance 86 Won - 72 Lost

Disclaimer Horde AV & IoC numbers

Did 100 over av weekend after the changes went through. The numbers for that are 54-47 All solo queuing.

The other 43 wins are from running with CCC.

For Ioc 6 wins are from Solo queuing the 13 Lost are from solo queuing. The other 27 IOC wins are from IOC Weekend and running with CCC.

All other bgs are won and lost by solo queuing

Last updated 4/9/2014
    Last edited by Hatecore; 2014-04-10 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    Horde

Alterac Valley 98 Won - 47 Lost
    Well that seems odd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Well that seems odd
    I second this. Horde was winning a ridiculous number of AV during the special weekend. I presume it had something to do with insta-queues for Horde pushing serious players into AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Well that seems odd
    Maybe those numbers included games back in the BC/WotLK/Cata era, where Horde won AV and IOC the majority of the time because the people playing them knew how to win, I.e. backcap GYs and towers, defending their Captain/General, or forcing a turtle.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

all numbers are from this season

Well nothing new here

Blizzard needs to do something to even the field and make this more interesting, they need to try and make it fun for both sides.

Kinda just confirming what most people already know:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lue-Tweets-DLC

Queue alliance - it's an instant queue but you'll lose more than you win.
    Queue horde - you wait longer to get a game but at least you've got a good chance of winning.

agree with Shomari

basically its like av/ioc weekend every day for horde when they random and keep the 40m blacklisted
    long q times, but high chance of winning

i dont see why horde are complaining

i only q every 2 weeks if i go by myself, whenever the 40m are cta and the wait times are from 15-30m but it is a much higher chance of winning

although i must say im only winning like ~75% of games currently when i use to win 90+

i guess horde are starting to learn that you need to def and back cap now and NOT blame it on map imbalance when its a negligible difference

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    basically its like av/ioc weekend every day for horde when they random and keep the 40m blacklisted
    That's because so many Horde blacklist it any so many Alliance don't that the queue is desperate to find Horde players for AV/IoC. If I don't blacklist them I get them 80% of the time.

It's incredibly depressing, particularly since I LIKE those BGs and I'm at something like 81/100 wins in IoC on a Horde toon. But since blacklisting I think it'd be faster to get 100 wins on an Ally toon than 19 on a Horde. I went 13-0 in IoC and decided well, guess I have no choice but to follow the sheep and blacklist it.

/wrists
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Well nothing new here

Blizzard needs to do something to even the field and make this more interesting, they need to try and make it fun for both sides.
    I'm thinking the evening of the racial abilities will bring some horde back over to alliance and balance the numbers up a little bit. Hopefully not enough to swing the problem the other way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Well nothing new here

How do they do that? Give horde players a debuff to give alliance some advantage so they can win? :/ In AB for example the playfield is pretty much even, if you lose there it's because the other team is better, I don't see any realistic way to bring up the alliances winrate in any BG.

OT: Slightly gimped numbers you got there though. You should get a similar amount of BGs played in order to get a real comparison. Try getting atleast 50-60 games played in each BG with both faction to get a more realistic number. Playing twice and losing twice can largely be through bad luck, you can easily get 2 wins followed by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never do PvP but the Silvershard and Temple #'s seem about dead on to me and I play Alliance. I just wish they'd either take the pvp out of the legendary line or put other BG's in their place as the imbalance adds a whole new level of frustration to the process. Those that never PvP like myself get pissed really quick because we're stuck on that phase longer than any others (hell it took my warlock longer to get a win in those 2 BG's than it did to get the Secrets or Runestones).

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Ally Numbers updated

- - - Updated - - -

more number for ally tonight
    Last edited by Hatecore; 2014-04-05 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I second this. Horde was winning a ridiculous number of AV during the special weekend. I presume it had something to do with insta-queues for Horde pushing serious players into AV.
    Well, the first special weekend, at least. This most recent CtA, not so much.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

ally numbers updated

- - - Updated - - -

57% win rate on ally and a 67% win rate on horde. so far

10+ Year Old Account
    i lost first 5 av games on my alliance paladin and what was i thinking ? free conquest for the alms !

this is a sign i guess, '' don't play alliance ! ''
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

So we have no idea what kind of gear the characters you are using for this "test" and if you are even competent with these classes you are queuing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    So we have no idea what kind of gear the characters you are using for this "test" and if you are even competent with these classes you are queuing with.
    2 of every class starting in full timeless gear

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I'm thinking the evening of the racial abilities will bring some horde back over to alliance and balance the numbers up a little bit. Hopefully not enough to swing the problem the other way though.
    This isn't at all true. If it were racials that caused the differences in factions, then Europe would see the same problem, but the EU sees the opposite (way more Alliance than Horde). Also, there wouldn't be so much complaining about EMFH.

I'm not saying there is no difference in racials, because there is, but it's not nearly as tangible as people would like to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

So Hatecore, what do you prefer?

Instant Queues + 58% win percentage v. 15 minute (or worse) queues and 67% win percentage?

Personally I'd take the former...waiting 15 - 20 minutes for a queue time is torture for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    2 of every class starting in full timeless gear
    And you are playing an equal amount of bgs with all of them?