Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    No it's not.
    it was when i build my PC, could have changed. Are you saying that nvidia has a better ratio price/performance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    it was when i build my PC, could have changed. Are you saying that nvidia has a better ratio price/performance?
    Well we were talking about high end cards so yes in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they directly compete, in power consumption and price. They fairly easily beat Nvidia counterparts in those regards.
    Actual benchmarks says otherwise, the 780ti and the titan black pulls ahead just slightly but its pretty even between AMD and Nvidia.

Last edited by zealo; 2014-04-11 at 03:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the AMD R9 290 is half the price of the titan too, so the price/performance ration is better on AMD, but the absolute best card is nVidia, as i say in a post above.

Way off topic now! This is NOT a Nvidia vs AMD topic, please.

And the game is not even out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    So the only supposed benefit of the PS4 version is you don't have to pay extra to get that hour extra content, but you're paying more for the game anyway as it's a console game, so the PC version is complete, is cheaper, and looks/runs better.
    Nope, PC and console are same price on this game. Unless if somewhere other than Steam or Amazon are selling the PC version for cheaper.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-PC/...rds=watch_dogs

Also you can't really say that the game looks better or runs better on PC compared to console until the game comes out. Ubisoft could skimp out on optimizations bringing performance and quality down.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Nope, PC and console are same price on this game. Unless if somewhere other than Steam or Amazon are selling the PC version for cheaper.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-PC/...rds=watch_dogs

Also you can't really say that the game looks better or runs better on PC compared to console until the game comes out. Ubisoft could skimp out on optimizations bringing performance and quality down.
    Well, I don't know how much it costs on Steam as I'm in the UK and we can't see that page because of some silly region restriction, but I went to Game.co.uk which is a big UK retailer that also does digital downloads and the PS4 version is £49.99 and the PC Digital Deluxe version is £44.99 (the difference is £15 on the official Ubisoft store!), so cheaper as I said.

As for not being able to say the game looks better, yes, I can say that. The PC version is what the PS4 version is being ported from as the PC is the lead platform for this title. The PS4 version is having the quality reduced to be playable on the console's limited hardware. The PC also has additional exclusive graphical features, it can run at a much higher resolution, and unless Ubisoft really screws up, a much higher framerate too.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2014-04-11 at 07:41 PM.

This game looks like it will be pretty fun, at least I hope it will. I don't think we've ever had a game where you can "hack" the city before so it should be something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Well, I don't know how much it costs on Steam as I'm in the UK and we can't see that page because of some silly region restriction, but I went to Game.co.uk which is a big UK retailer that also does digital downloads and the PS4 version is £49.99 and the PC Digital Deluxe version is £44.99 (the difference is £15 on the official Ubisoft store!), so cheaper as I said.

As for not being able to say the game looks better, yes, I can say that. The PC version is what the PS4 version is being ported from as the PC is the lead platform for this title. The PS4 version is having the quality reduced to be playable on the console's limited hardware. The PC also has additional exclusive graphical features, it can run at a much higher resolution, and unless Ubisoft really screws up, a much higher framerate too.
    Ah well here in the U.S. they're charging the same price for Watch_Dogs on consoles and PC.

Also what I bolded in your reply is what I was talking about not being able to really say if it looks better or plays better on PC, because Ubisoft could screw things up. Hopefully they don't screw it up too badly, if they screw it up at all.

Deleted
    Lol, came to this part of the forum to create a Watch Dogs thread. Strange this thing has only been up for a few days when the development has been going on for years. This is really the only game im hyped about atm. GTA meets Splinter Cell meets Assassins Creed? Cant get more awesome than this. Also saw this bit on a dutch gaming website about hbo+ usage and stuff, damn those graphics.

http://www.gamer.nl/video/455202/de-...van-watch-dogs

Ever thought about how Watch Dogs are like Person of Interest' tv series?
    It's cool! I'm going to be like Batman in this game, take down bad guys and stuff..

Oh my god! Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    That multiplayer really does look awesome lol
    Maybe I'll buy it the day before it releases.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The only thing that tops that multiplayer video?

Spider tank.

Watch Dogs just went all Saints Row on me, and I'm loving it.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Developer interview with Angry Joe:

Also an article that claims that the PC will have graphics comparable to the E3 2012 demo:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tly-to-e3-2012

Interestingly there's also mention of the PS4 having "resolution differences" to the PC version, but it's not clear if that means it'll be sub 1080p, or if that's just texture resolution.

Deleted
    refusing to call it a spider tank as i am counting 6 legs only

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    refusing to call it a spider tank as i am counting 6 legs only
    That was the first thing I thought of. But mechanical devices with spider-related names have been around ages, it's not saying they're actually spiders but rather spider-like (usually in terms of locomotion).

So it's still a spider tank. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpiderTank
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    PayPal's Weekly Sale is offering Watch_Dogs for only 23,99 € on UPLAY ! I just pre-ordered it for myself !

PayPal Weekly Sale is over !
    Last edited by mmocc2fd562be3; 2014-04-28 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolieftw View Post
    PayPal's Weekly Sale is offering Watch_Dogs for only 23,99 € on UPLAY ! I just pre-ordered it for myself !

PayPal Weekly Sale
    Holy shit! Thank you for posting that. I was going to buy it on steam for $60 1 or 2 days before release, I just got it here for $33! I wounder if it's a mistake, because on the Weekly Sale page it says 14% off, not 45% off. If G2A had not become popular recently I would have thought this was fake.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-05-28 at 12:54 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.