Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

[Megathread] Watch Dogs

Available May 27, 2014 on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

*Update: new PC trailer*

___

Set in Chicago, where a central network of computers connects everyone and everything, Watch_Dogs explores the impact of technology within our society. Using the city as your weapon, you will embark on a personal mission to inflict your own brand of justice.

Chicago's overarching network is known as the Central Operating System (ctOS), and it controls almost all of the city's technology and information - including key data on all of the city's residents.

You play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker and former thug, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. While seeking justice for those events, you'll monitor and hack those around you by manipulating the ctOS from the palm of your hand. You'll access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy... and more.

For more info & pre-orders, go to http://watchdogs.ubi.com/

The Watch_Dogs DEDSEC Edition is the premium Collector’s Edition ideal for any fans wishing to immerse themselves in the hacker fantasy!
    Physical Content:
    A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine
    Steelboook
    DEDSEC Collector box
    Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
    Original soundtrack of the game
    Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
    Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
    Set of 3 exclusive badges.

Digital Content:
    3 single payer missions: almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay
    Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)
    INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.
    ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank
    Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun.
    Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):
    BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
    BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE
    Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.
    VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

The Watch_Dogs UPLAY EXCLUSIVE Edition is dedicated to gamers who want to expand their gaming experience.
    Physical Content:
    Exclusive Steelbook™

Digital Content:
    Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.
    INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.
    ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank
    Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun. Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):
    BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
    BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE
    Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.
    VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

The Watch_Dogs SPECIAL EDITION contains bonus in-game content: the Breakthrough Pack single player mission!
    Digital Content:
    Breakthrough mission pack - A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.
    Last edited by Master Po; 2014-04-10 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

PC for me Pre-ordered the uPlay special edition thing.

Pre ordered this last year when it was meant to be coming out in november, then it got pushed back. Cancelled my preorder for now.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Pre ordered this last year when it was meant to be coming out in november, then it got pushed back. Cancelled my preorder for now.
    It was pushed back because of the developers asked for more time from their bosses, and they agreed.
    You should be happy. Too many game developers push a date, and if there is anything wrong with the game or missing content, they still release the game regardless because their bosses decides that happy shareholders are more important than happy players.
    Last edited by Master Po; 2014-04-01 at 06:24 AM.

This week available for 24 Euro (goto weeklysale) on PC: https://www.g2a.com/r/watchdogs-27-euro

Yeah nice, just orded my copy, even though I dislike uplay alot... Would prefer Steam, but for this game I am willing to give uplay a try again. Cant wait for 27th of May

10+ Year Old Account
    Recommended:
    OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
    Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Nice specs, here was me thinking my 6 core was overkill for gaming.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Recommended:
    OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

welcome to the next gen (at least on PC).
    I'm sure it will be playable on a 4-core, just not with all the bell and whistle.

kinda like Crysis was in its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    welcome to the next gen (at least on PC).
    I'm sure it will be playable on a 4-core, just not with all the bell and whistle.

kinda like Crysis was in its time.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more due to the fact that Ubisoft doesn't bother spending much time optimizing their PC ports than the game actually being that demanding. Like, the specs for CoD, for example, were ludicrous given how the game actually looked due to Infinity Ward putting basically zero effort into optimization. Ubisoft is not known for their highly optimized PC ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more due to the fact that Ubisoft doesn't bother spending much time optimizing their PC ports than the game actually being that demanding. Like, the specs for CoD, for example, were ludicrous given how the game actually looked due to Infinity Ward putting basically zero effort into optimization. Ubisoft is not known for their highly optimized PC ports.
    I think this is the reason as well.

Pretty much this is the reason.

Anyone who thinks a game that can be downgraded enough to run the 360/ps3 is next gen lulz...

The MINIMUM requirements, not recommended but minimum requirements(aka everything low, no aa, 720p, and still struggling to maintain 30 fps) is a system 4 times stronger then the 360 or ps3.

This is just Ubisoft being Ubisoft. There is nothing next gen about this game, it's a cross gen game with terrible optimization.

It looks cool, but I'm not sure how convoluted the menu/option thing is. Watched the trailer and it looked like it had 8+ options? Awesome concept though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll still play it. Guess it truly was sarcasm when people were like lol graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. Now everyone is up in arms that a game doesn't look how it did when they first showed it. Of course it won't. But I'm sure we'll get it to that point on the PC, if not beyond. With an ENB this game could be very gorgeous if it's possible of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for release, the ammount of bs ubisoft have managed to get on this game is amazing, if anything all my hype got killed by ubisoft being bad at promoting their game and optimizing their games.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Recommended:

Haha, 6 cores is overkill too. There is no way this game (or any game) optimizes 8 cares for their game. Barely any game optimizes quad cores ..

I bet a Dual Core with great processing power runs this easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I'll still play it. Guess it truly was sarcasm when people were like lol graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. Now everyone is up in arms that a game doesn't look how it did when they first showed it. Of course it won't. But I'm sure we'll get it to that point on the PC, if not beyond. With an ENB this game could be very gorgeous if it's possible of course.
    I play a lot of games that don't have AAA graphics, I love indie games. The difference is they don't lie about it. Advertising incredible graphics and then changing it on release is false advertising, and they only reason companies get away with it is because people are still too stupid to not buy it. If everyone waited a week until after release to buy the game Ubisolt would absolutely shit their pants.

The fact that you said "Of course it won't" angers me beyond comprehension. It's is the norm for companies to do this, not just in video games, but in pretty much everything. Anyone who buys into it is the demise of high quality production. why work hard and make an amazing game when people will buy a sub-par game if we advertise it as an amazing game? Grow a brain, please, for the good of the people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Haha, 6 cores is overkill too. There is no way this game (or any game) optimizes 8 cares for their game. Barely any game optimizes quad cores ..

I bet a Dual Core with great processing power runs this easily.
    I have the FX-8350 8 core processor and I think the only game I've ever seen use more than 4 cores is Battlefield 3 and 4 which uses all 8 (BF3 might have only used 6, I don't remember exactly).

I was planning on buying this game at a later date, but if they ask for an 8 core processor in the recommended settings and don't optimize it for an 8 core processor I will not be buying this gamer, ever.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    This looks fun!

Btw what I've read about Chicago from news recently, the video seems to be a realistic view of everyday life in Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Watch Dogs was made on PC for PC first, then they ported it to consoles, it's officially said.
    They didn't do this previously tho, but with Watch Dogs they did.

As long as my 2 year old computer can run the game, I will be happy. I don't need the graphics to be on ultra high.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Watch Dogs was made on PC for PC first, then they ported it to consoles, it's officially said.
    Prove it.

The only time we have even seen Watch Dogs running on a pc was the 2012 E3 tech demo that was running on a $20,000 work station. Pretty far from a gaming PC.

All we have seen otherwise is ps4 footage, so explain how the pc version won't be a port lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    All games are made on PC, generally with higher quality visuals than the release product, then scaled down to meet the hardware limitations of consoles.

I'll believe it when I see it though, because given Ubisofts history of horribly optimized ports, I'm writing this nonsense off as marketing speak.