Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    He stole the Caramilk secret!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah thats becouse he picked Russia of all the diffrent countrys that he could go do, becouse Russia supports democracy and freedom so much.
    I like this confident display of lack of common-sense and general education!

Snowden is a hero. A patriot. A defender of the US Constitution. To call him a traitor displays a rather poor understanding of the Founding Fathers.

"It is the duty of the Patriot to protect his country from his government" - Thomas Paine

Hacktivist th3J35t3r wrote an interesting piece on the subject: http://www.jesterscourt.cc/2013/06/2...nowden-affair/

"This is not a goddam hero, here to save Americans from ‘the government’ because of privacy infringements and breaches of the 4th amendment, he is a traitor and has jeopardized all our lives because of the intelligence we have lost to perceived enemies, human operations that now have to be abandoned for fear of possible compromise, and worse than all this, intelligence we will no longer be able to acquire about threats to the nation in the future."

As the Jester pointed out, we don't know what kind of data the mook managed to steal (it included confirmation that Stuxnet was a US/Israeli creation as well as the locations of SIGINT facilities in Australia, which he of course leaked because that's all vital to our privacy, right?), but considering he fled to the Chinese and Russians, there had to have been something in it for the 'frenemies' of the US far more interesting than what has been publicly displayed. (Because honestly, who gives a hoot in hell about PRISM unless you're a ne'er-do-well that likely already has reason for them to be targeting you? Allegedly the No Such Agency has been monitoring all phone calls/calls where certain words are spoken since at least the '90s, I think The Simpsons even had a joke about it. Unless the government suddenly starts rounding up bronies or Beliebers, the average Joe Blow is safe from any repercussions from the big mean gov'ment's SIGINT systems.)

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    Hacktivist th3J35t3r wrote an interesting piece on the subject: http://www.jesterscourt.cc/2013/06/2...nowden-affair/

"This is not a goddam hero, here to save Americans from ‘the government’ because of privacy infringements and breaches of the 4th amendment, he is a traitor and has jeopardized all our lives because of the intelligence we have lost to perceived enemies, human operations that now have to be abandoned for fear of possible compromise, and worse than all this, intelligence we will no longer be able to acquire about threats to the nation in the future."

As the Jester pointed out, we don't know what kind of data the mook managed to steal (it included confirmation that Stuxnet was a US/Israeli creation as well as the locations of SIGINT facilities in Australia, which he of course leaked because that's all vital to our privacy, right?), but considering he fled to the Chinese and Russians, there had to have been something in it for the 'frenemies' of the US far more interesting than what has been publicly displayed. (Because honestly, who gives a hoot in hell about PRISM unless you're a ne'er-do-well that likely already has reason for them to be targeting you? Allegedly the No Such Agency has been monitoring all phone calls/calls where certain words are spoken since at least the '90s, I think The Simpsons even had a joke about it. Unless the government suddenly starts rounding up bronies or Beliebers, the average Joe Blow is safe from any repercussions from the big mean gov'ment's SIGINT systems.)
    Sounds like fear mongering.

Want national security? Get us out of the middle east and shut down immigration.

I could care less about 'national security' when it violates my rights. If people cannot accept the risk of living free than they can live in a police state, elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMePanda View Post
    He's a cool guy who, unlike the US government, supports democracy and freedom.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

I suspect he stole a huge amount of information. Diplomatic communications, identification of field operatives, strategic planning documents, procedure and protocol docs, etc. It's a huge loss of security for the US. Doesn't mean the security apparatus was in the right in doing this stuff without more transparency but this sort of thing where you flee to China/Russia is pretty crazy stuff. Patriots release these sorts of documents to the press and then face the punishment of their (aka US) justice system. Traitors flee the country. Snowden should have stayed on US soil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, I don't know.

I consider this person just as bad as any of the higher politicians in most countries. I don't care of people praise his actions, his actions has cause way too many problems than good. He's overhyped and as useless as the average politician.

Though, one wonder what he did take, and why he would risk something like so in the end.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    We lost control of the internet because of Edward snowden. Our competitors on the world stage have lost almost all respect for us, we are in a bad spot right now. I would compare snowden with Hanoi jane. He is a traitor no matter what his background and motivations are, he should be executed as a traitor.
    They lost almost all respect for you not because of Snowden, but because of your actions.

I take it back. (ignore post)
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-04-01 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Threads like these really do make you Americans sound paranoia beyond believe.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's someone that decided to show the rest of the free world the bullshit America was hiding behind closed doors. Pretty hilarious really.

I've no problem with people doing that kind of stuff, keeps people who think they are important on their toes more.

He is a traitor and i hope one day to read of his demise..... He wanted to be an activist and had he stuck with just stuff the US was doing internally maybe... but guess what every country spies on every other one they can friend or foe... back channel deals keep the world at peace.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun...mpact-20130629

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post

Actually, well before Snowden said anything about it, the Obama Administration leaked the confirmation of Stuxnet's origins all on its own, "This account of the American and Israeli effort to undermine the Iranian nuclear program is based on interviews over the past 18 months with current and former American, European and Israeli officials involved in the program, as well as a range of outside experts. None would allow their names to be used because the effort remains highly classified, and parts of it continue to this day. " I breathlessly await the day when the hordes of officials who leak classified information for PR purposes are accused of treason and brought up on charges. Oh, wait, that only happens to people who criticize the government.

The rest of your post is just as fallacious as your Stuxnet claim, from your baseless statements about impacts on NSA intelligence gathering (which is useless anyway) to your convenient ability to ignore everything from chilling effects to illegal parallel construction.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah thats becouse he picked Russia of all the diffrent countrys that he could go do, becouse Russia supports democracy and freedom so much.
    While russia might be a terrible country, it is the only place in which the US cant use cash or threats to get their way. Any other country would've turned him in for a little elbow grease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.