View Poll Results: Still excited for WoD?

Voters
903. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes sir!

439 48.62%
  • 50/60

211 23.37%
  • Nao, lets peel a potato instead

253 28.02%
Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Are you still Excited for WoD?

With no word on Beta yet, and a release date that seems to be far away, are you still excited for WoD?

"Excited" - I think I only ever was excited for TBC and that was for nostalgia reasons. I mean..it seemed like Vanilla would be our world and then they announced and expansion. On another planet. With flying. Where your green starter gear outdid Naxx raidgear (almost)

Since then it has become routine to expect an x-pac. WotLK excited me because we would get to finish the Arthas story and..well...undead theme. Cata interested me for the reworking of Azeroth. MoP for a new culture and tons of new stuff (Transmog, Reforge, Tillers, pet battles, every raid as LFR).

I actually think they are doing lots of interesting stuff for WoD that will keep me interested if I cannot raid that much, but I am in no hurry for WoD to arrive. I guess that is the good stuff that comes with a proper RL?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

50/60? Did you mean 50/50 per chance? A "maybe" or "slightly" option?

50/60 incorporates maybe and slightly

Yep! Not as hyped as I could be with how far away it is, but still really looking forward to it. For starters, the theme of the expansion appeals to me a lot more than Pandaria did.

Sure, though I'm fine waiting for it. There's so much other stuff to do meanwhile.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    50/60 incorporates maybe and slightly
    If that's the case, then count me as that. There are some features I am looking forward to, improve QoL ui features, new character models, harder heroics that might be on par with LFR gear. But I dread some other things like no flight till 6.1 or longer, TI aspects in the open world and the time travel/orc themed story. So I am unsubbed and haven't bought the expansion. With the fact they refuse to give us more solid information MONTHS after Blizzcon doesn't fill me with confidence.

Was moderately interested when the expansion was revealed, and I'm feeling much the same right now. There wasn't anything that really grabbed me and hyped me up, but the prospect of exploring Draenor pre-destruction is something that intrigues me a bit.

I'm sure my hype will ramp up in the last month or two before release.

nope. i wasnt from the start either.

I'm excited for it, but as a long-term gamer i've learnt to contain excitement and not let Hype ruin things for me.

Not even Subbed atm but still very keen for WoD.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I'm excited but it's so far away that my excitement is very toned down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Was never excited about it. Item squish killed any enthusiasm I would have had for it.

I am still excited.
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Was never excited about it. Item squish killed any enthusiasm I would have had for it.
    God forbids you see 20k crits instead of 200k crits on something that has 20m hp instead of 200m, game is going to shit amarite?

Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post
    With no word on Beta yet, and a release date that seems to be far away, are you still excited for WoD?
    I never was excited for it but I really want to leave behind pandaland so even the "don't think of it as timetravel but it's time travel" expansion sounds better
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Seriously, this whole crusade against opinions and criticizing Blizzard in general really shows who blindly throws money at corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they don't. I have yet to see anyone who raids LFR complain that LFR drops gear of lesser value than normal/heroic (heroic/mythic), but all I hear is raiders in heroic/mythic bitching about people in LFR getting any rewards.

Very excited. People have been shitting on garrisons but to me they seem great. Something tangible to spend gold and time on that isn't raiding ( which I love but does get stale after a while).

I wasn't that excited to begin with ... so meh levels holding steady, I guess?

My excitement has faded with the lack of new information and the long passing of time without an Artcraft/new model reveal. I feel like they need to be updating us every two weeks or so with that, not randomly.

Regardless, Marketing/PR for WoD has been underwhelming as a whole. A shame really, I see a lot of potential for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    My excitement has faded with the lack of new information and the long passing of time without an Artcraft/new model reveal. I feel like they need to be updating us every two weeks or so with that, not randomly.
    We've actually gotten more information in the past month than we've gotten since BlizzCon.

PvP sounds like it'll work so that raid geared people don't blow PvP geared people up, so that's a start.