Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If they actually noticeably spent time to show us serious stuff, not many would be complaining. This is not "OMG THEY MADE A JOKE." . It's "they actually made a joke that was more well-executed than their serious stuff. At the same time, they keep feeding us nano-scraps of actual serious stuff. How unexpected.."

There's also a difference between no joke at all, and making custom art, scripting, writing biographies, etc. all for one joke. If they did something more akin to the patch notes, or even something smaller than this, even less people would be complaining.

So.. where's my special in-depth section on Garrisons? Screenshot of the day? Bestiary?

Exactly.

How about stop being such an entitled child?

How many other game developers even give the SLIGHTEST bit of information about their Alpha-status games outside of Gaming conventions like PAX and E3.

The Fact that Blizzard even gives you a sneak peek or corresponds about changes to the game which people who aren't even in Alpha complain about means they are doing more than 99% of gaming companies already.

Suck it up princess.

Also, that April fools page would have taken an accomplished website designer all of 1 day to do and chances are the people who edit their websites aren't the same goddamn people who develop the game, IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT JOB.

Kinda more unhappy about MMOC's joke than blizzards

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    How about stop being such an entitled child?

How many other game developers even give the SLIGHTEST bit of information about their Alpha-status games outside of Gaming conventions like PAX and E3.

The Fact that Blizzard even gives you a sneak peek or corresponds about changes to the game which people who aren't even in Alpha complain about means they are doing more than 99% of gaming companies already.

Suck it up princess.

Also, that April fools page would have taken an accomplished website designer all of 1 day to do and chances are the people who edit their websites aren't the same goddamn people who develop the game, IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT JOB.

Oh, wait.. so the logical step here is that, because I think it's stupid that Blizzard spends more time on executing a good April Fools' joke than giving us a few more pictures or sneak peeks of that product people paid for, I'm being entitled. You go through unbelievable hoops to defend Blizzard, it seems.

How about all the developers working on MMORPGs at the moment. How many Wildstar videos haven't we seen on different classes? You are comparing apples to oranges. Just because not all games show off every last bit doesn't mean that it has to be the same for MMORPGs, which are actually being subscribed to and paid for (by most people) between expansion releases.

So no, you suck it up that I have a different opinion than you, "Princess".

Yes, because a web designer can make custom art, writes biographies, creates videos, adds icons, edits pictures for screenshots all in one day. Tee-hee-hee. You dun goofed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit. Here I was hoping "Tome Slap" would be a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, shit. Here I was hoping "Tome Slap" would be a real thing.

Would be the new 'Bitch Slap'. Now I want that.

Deleted
    Dammit i forgot about today...they got me for a second.
    I believed it when i saw it xD bah

Oh, wait.. so the logical step here is that, because I think it's stupid that Blizzard spends more time on executing a good April Fools' joke than giving us a few more pictures or sneak peeks of that product people paid for, I'm being entitled. You go through unbelievable hoops to defend Blizzard, it seems.
    Deciding to make a Aprils Fools joke and deciding to release teasers and pictures is not even comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Deciding to make a Aprils Fools joke and deciding to release teasers and pictures is not even comparable.

Nope, because they only did one.

But I'm glad to see that new in-depth site section focused on the WoD bestiary, Garrisons and new player models they introduced today. Shows they care.

I loved the starcraft next expansion renaming. Herald of the Stars! Blizzard loves HotS!

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I loved the starcraft next expansion renaming. Herald of the Stars! Blizzard loves HotS!
    That's three jokes that didn't require them going so overboard that it became cringy. And those three jokes were actually funny to me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How about all the developers working on MMORPGs at the moment. How many Wildstar videos haven't we seen on different classes? You are comparing apples to oranges. Just because not all games show off every last bit doesn't mean that it has to be the same for MMORPGs, which are actually being subscribed to and paid for (by most people) between expansion releases.

So no, you suck it up that I have a different opinion than you, "Princess".

Yes, because a web designer can make custom art, writes biographies, creates videos, adds icons, edits pictures for screenshots all in one day. Tee-hee-hee. You dun goofed.
    Yeah, you do seem quite entitled indeed.

I'll just back out of any future to and fro comments with you, since you seem to be just another "BLIZZARD GIVE ME STUFF NOW OR U R BAD COMPANY!" Childish kind of person.

Nope, because they only did one.

But I'm glad to see that new in-depth site section focused on the WoD bestiary, Garrisons and new player models they introduced today. Shows they care.
    Teasers and blogs of info are seriously overrated around here. Just means it will be less interesting when it's released because you know so much already. Why not just WAIT for Beta and get your teaser-addiction satisfied then? It's Aprils Fools Day.

Deleted
    http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-u...hero-spotlight

I for one welcome our new cuddly overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Teasers and blogs of info are seriously overrated around here. Just means it will be less interesting when it's released because you know so much already. Why not just WAIT for Beta and get your teaser-addiction satisfied then? It's Aprils Fools Day.

You mean the beta that still isn't out? And that may be the case for you, but at least in that case, we have something to chew on until the beta that is taking suspiciously long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-u...hero-spotlight

I for one welcome our new cuddly overlords.

Would be surprised (and sad) if that didn't eventually become an Abathur skin. It's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Yeah, you do seem quite entitled indeed.

I'll just back out of any future to and fro comments with you, since you seem to be just another "BLIZZARD GIVE ME STUFF NOW OR U R BAD COMPANY!" Childish kind of person.

Yes, because not liking something means you're a "BLIZZARD GIVE ME STUFF NOW OR U R BAD COMPANY!" Childish kind of person.". You might want to take a long hard look in the mirror, and another look at your post, and then look at who exactly is the immature one here.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously if blizz doesn't make an April Fool's joke like last year people will be like; blizzard are lazy and and they don't care about jokes. Blizzard attempts to make an April Fool's joke and releases it, and the reaction is that people say that blizzard have nothing better to do and are behind on WoD and that the joke will cost them a raid tier.

Make up your minds people... I must say this year's April Fool's was not bad and I don't think that it actually costed them "a raid tier" like how some people exaggerate. Anyone else think the same that some people need to calm down and that the April Fool's joke won't hurt WoD development?

The hatred in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Seriously if blizz doesn't make an April Fool's joke like last year people will be like; blizzard are lazy and and they don't care about jokes. Blizzard attempts to make an April Fool's joke and releases it, and the reaction is that people say that blizzard have nothing better to do and are behind on WoD and that the joke will cost them a raid tier.

Make up your minds people... I must say this year's April Fool's was not bad and I don't think that it actually costed them "a raid tier" like how some people exaggerate. Anyone else think the same that some people need to calm down and that the April Fool's joke won't hurt WoD development?

Two things:

There is a huge difference between not making a joke for April Fools' and making new custom art, a large site article, biographies, screenshots and more. There's a big middle in that line you can pick and choose from. Not just between "no joke" and "overboard mode".

and

Those same people who complained about no joke don't necessarily have to be the ones complaining now.

Oh, and for all those people who make the -totally- logical leap of logic that, just because I don't like the joke they made and how much effort they put into it, I must obviously be a Blizzard hater:

Funny, I'm such a Blizzard hater that I actually like the other three jokes that aren't cringeworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    There was no April's Fools joke last year..... just saying :P

The one this year I find funny.
    The controller and the FAQ I liked the most.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I actually agree with this. It's not that there was a joke, though. It's that the joke has custom art, biographies written from scratch, and lots of scripting. Lots of time and effort they could have used for.. I dunno.. more Garrison stuff? More in-depth character remodel sections on the site? All while players are begging for just small scraps of what to come in Warlords of Draenor.

And in my opinion, this one isn't even funny. The patch notes are still a lot better to me.
    Custom art which probably take half a day to make, it doesn't even look compared to the CGI art of the other games. Biographies which probably take 5 mins each. Making a site should be easy for Blizzard. TBH it's more likely that someone has been working on this for the past few weeks for about 15 mins each day or even as something to do on spare time. This probably didn't take anything out of their WoD developement time.

We all know how long Blizz takes to make their games. I don't see the problem here. I mean, if it as you say and players are begging for some news it means they are doing something right with the game right? Otherwise people wouldn't be wanting news.

Deleted
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...happy-reapertm

Someone post the take my money gif, seriously.