10+ Year Old Account

Death Knight professions and me(?)

Hey to all at the Death Knight halls!

Currently running with an active question, and I would like some insight. I have reached the first stage of creation, setting my choice on being a Death Knight (my second one, already have one on Alliance).

This Death Knight is to be boosted, as he's level 60 currently. This leads me to the main discussion point.

For a selection of, Frost/Blood specc Death Knight, what is the best choice of professions?

He's of course not been boosted yet, plan is to be so, so wish to give him the good choices.

Currently he's a level 60 Forsaken Death Knight.

Of course as pointed to, this Death Knight is to run as PvE.

Hope people can assist!
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-31 at 11:35 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on what you want to use your new dk for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niinjax View Post
    I guess it depends on what you want to use your new dk for.
    Ah, well, sorry about that.. Haha. PvE is the main deal of the day, since I creep around PvP'ing on my Paladin and Druid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Blood DK i could not live without engineering.. We have a severe lack of mobility, and rocket boost has saved me/my raid countless times.. You also get a lot of fun items outside of combat, like goblin glider, teleports and mounts. Don't underestimate how much you'll enjoy that glider.

Other than that i got enchanting.. BS would probably be better for stats, but being able DE old gear means i never worry about gold.

Enchanting is just a personal choice, but definitely get engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    As a Blood DK i could not live without engineering.. We have a severe lack of mobility, and rocket boost has saved me/my raid countless times.. You also get a lot of fun items outside of combat, like goblin glider, teleports and mounts. Don't underestimate how much you'll enjoy that glider.

Other than that i got enchanting.. BS would probably be better for stats, but being able DE old gear means i never worry about gold.

Enchanting is just a personal choice, but definitely get engineering.
    Oh, you are speaking to the owner of 4 Engineers, and oh how I do love engineering. Though, wasn't sure if a 5th would be so good in the books *smiles* Enchanting and BS you say? A friend of mine once said Enchanting and Engineering.. *grumbles and rubs beard*

And you do have a point with Enchanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Revi. I love engineering but I don't have it on my own blood dk. (skinning/minning ugh) but if I were to get new ones I would pick either enginneering/blacksmithing or jewelcrafting/blacksmithing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

I'm hardly any hardcore min-maxer, so you might want to take my post with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, assuming you have the gathering professions for it on alts, take two crafting ones, that you don't yet have, and that fit for a DK? (so, if armor making one, I'd say Blacksmithing - unless you have it already - and the other one is up to you)
    I believe the crafting profession bonuses are equal, or almost equal, so it shouldn't matter beyond that, no?

I use mining and blacksmithing. Worked fine and was the highest ranking DK on the server when 5.4 hit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without engineering your gonna feel like you have no mobility! worst class in the game when it comes to mobility atm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, in my opinion blacksmithing is by far the best for dps death knights. The sheer stat bonuses are better than any other bonus.
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently Engineering and Blacksmithing seems to drag most for me, and others. Hmm, do like them both, right now it's not a choice of general choices due to already having all professions at max.

- - - Updated - - -

And to be honest, gathering professions are easier to do when they aren't maximum, I feel, gives me time to explore + income from selling it.

For DPS engineering and blacksmithing is probably the best choice in terms of stats as you get that nice /use on your gloves which can be timed with cooldowns and Blacksmithing gives you two more gem slots the good thing is that you can use any colored gem so you have a lot of options for what stats you want.

For Blood blacksmithing and leatherworking are going to be the best.

All this is obviously going to change next expansion and the difference in terms of stats is not that big. I would honestly go with engineering and blacksmithing due to how fun engineering is and blacksmithing just for the stats.

Enchanting is a very good choice early on in expansions, both for convenience and income. Stat gain is nothing to get excited about, but you generate a consistent income. But I feel like a plate wearer SHOULD be a blacksmith and/or engineer. Makes thematic sense to be able to repair and improve your own gear. Plus I enjoy collecting recipes. I wish gathering professions had decent stat gains, as sometimes I just want to cruise around old zones and with gathering it gives you something to do, but I unless you are a fury warrior and a skinner, gathering just doesn't cut it stat wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Enchanting is a very good choice early on in expansions, both for convenience and income. Stat gain is nothing to get excited about, but you generate a consistent income. But I feel like a plate wearer SHOULD be a blacksmith and/or engineer. Makes thematic sense to be able to repair and improve your own gear. Plus I enjoy collecting recipes. I wish gathering professions had decent stat gains, as sometimes I just want to cruise around old zones and with gathering it gives you something to do, but I unless you are a fury warrior and a skinner, gathering just doesn't cut it stat wise.
    Leaning more and more to maybe try and be Enchanting/Engineering?... Or... *grunts* Ugh, hate choices, hehe

I enjoy blacksmithing, but not enough to re-level. And Engineering has always been the most favorite choice of mine..

Thank you for the good advices though!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, uh, my DK is Skinning/Leatherworking. I didn't do it because I thought it would work well with the DK. I did it because I already had every other profession maxed out and I wanted somebody to make armor kits.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    I always hated profs. So I usually roll with Skin/mining on all chars. Keeps me topped of fine just gold wise and I can always grab skins/nodes when questing etc. Sure it´s not optimal for prof buffs but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with JC/BS and that really comes in handy in challenge modes since I get my free sockets & free gems that don't scale down. Overall, though, I think it's a good combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here comes the annoying moment, where you upgrade the wrong account. Thank you for helping, will keep a link for a thread, by accident upgraded wrong account. Oh well, that one needed the upgrade too ^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I always hated profs. So I usually roll with Skin/mining on all chars. Keeps me topped of fine just gold wise and I can always grab skins/nodes when questing etc. Sure it´s not optimal for prof buffs but meh.
    He is boosting the charr from 60. Therefor he get 2 maxed out proffs of his choise. Going with gathering proffs seems a bit weird. =)